Rex Not Happy With Braylon's Taunting

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by WhiteShoeWillis, Sep 20, 2010.

1. GoPats

GoPats Well-Known Member

I think you misread his response.

2. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

Now see, this whole DUI thing is Rex's fault... the guy was so devastated he got called out and didn't get a game ball that he had to go drown his sorrows in a bottle. Damn organization just won't take care of its players!! :breakdance:

The taunting call was crap on Edwards part. Glad he got called out for it. I am all for a happy dance when you score... guys should be allowed to be fired up and enjoy the game. Enjoying it shouldn't include rubbing someones face in it.

3. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Maybe you don't personally care about the penalty. I wonder if you are a Jets fan.

Any Jets fan with a functioning brain would prefer a player to act with class as opposed to acting like a clown and drawing a penalty.

4. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

You are questioning my loyalty as a fan based off of the fact that I don't care about a penalty? One penalty, that effected a kickoff. Big deal.

He was acting like he had a chip on his shoulder, emotional, and he got inside Butler's head. Those things alone made that penalty worth it.

You surely seen the lack of emotion, and utter failure of this offense in week 1 against the Ravens. Yeah, I felt like it ignited a lot of emotion in the rest of that offense.

I'm talking on the main topic at hand, that one penalty. If this continues, ok, I would be upset with that.

That one penalty was entertaining, it didn't hurt a damn thing, stop crying about my loyalty as a fan because of my stance on ONE penalty, that is just stupid.

5. bloke911

bloke911 Active Member

Great, someone get the beer and popcorn!

6. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Are the Jets that pathetic that they need to taunt the opposition in order to start playing well?

Are Jets fans that pathetic that they need a silly end zone taunt to get pumped up?

7. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Dude.. You're taking this way toooooooooo far..

I'm into that kind of thing. I like in your face, cocky, arrogant, charismatic people in sports. Period.

I find it entertaining. It's as simple as that. Get over it. It's not something that will continue to be a trend, but it was fun while it lasted. Let it go.

I don't know if you watch UFC. If you do, you probably can't stand Brock Lesnar. I love his attitude, and how cocky the guy is. A lot of people can't stand him because of the way he carries himself like he just don't care because he knows he's the shit.

I like that.

Matter of opinion.

8. nycztonee

nycztonee Active Member

I think he just likes to take things seriously all the time. To each his own.

9. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

No I didn't. He said he'd have no problem with Moss doing the same thing Edwards did. I've read the guys posts enough to know that that's bullshit.

10. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

People forget its a game. He had fun got penalized its over. Stop putting our players on these pedestals thinking they are the most civilized and classy human beings when their profession is incredibly violent and uncivilized.

11. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

I really don't like the taunting rule, or how is is so subjective.

That really isn't the discussion IMO. The point is he knows the rule, and knows he can cost his team 15 yards on the kick-off. If tate takes it to the house, or gets to the Jets 20 on the following return, I bet alot more folks on here are upset with him.

12. miggymiggs

miggymiggs New Member

he should have never taunted him - no matter how fired up you are. there are ways to celebrate and to get in the oppositions head. I am surprised they didn't call the 2nd one, just out of principle. I hope this weekends events put him in check.

13. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

umm id be more upset with our special teams.

14. Nyi28nhl

Nyi28nhl New Member

Braylon just looked like an idiot after both TDs on Sunday. If you're going to taunt, at least make it look cool. He just looked like a guy who never scored before.

15. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I don't watch UFC.

If you find end zone celebrations fun, then that's fine.

You defending the Jets for taunting and getting a flag is silly at best and moronic at worst.

It was not fun while it lasted. It cost the Jets 15 yards on the ensuing kickoff. Look, the Patriots didn't do anything with those 15 yards, but that does not change the fact it was an utterly moronic selfish dumbass move by Edwards. It's as simple as that. Get over it.

16. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Its a bad opinion if you don't care that Folk is kicking from the 15 and giving the opponent good field position to start their offensive series.

You're going to care when the winning drive happens on that play because the opponent started on their own 42.

Being brash and cocky is one thing. Being stupid is another.

17. nycztonee

nycztonee Active Member

MeanDean did not say he wants to see a dougie dance on every single touchdown.

The mind tells you it's a dumbass penalty because you give an opponent free 15 yards on their next drive. To all.

The heart tells you it was worth the penalty for the one time because it brought back some swagger on the offensive side of the ball. To some.

Nobody's denying that any form of penalty is a bad thing, and everyone knows that.

It wasn't fun for you cakes, but it was fun for many Jets fans to see the Patriots get mocked by one of our players. For those people, it was about fucking time we bring out some of that confidence and swagger.

Call Braylon moronic, and selfish. Some are just more critical than others. Some people feel that Edwards let his emotion get the better of him, but it was still worth it because this offense was utter shit until that TD drive.

Was 15 yards worth it for a decade of abuse by the Pats? Maybe not for you, but for others, it was. It doesn't make them any less of a Jet fan than you are.

All penalties are bad, and that's a fact.

Whether that individual taunting penalty that occurred at the spur of the moment was a moronic, selfish move, that's one's opinion. Your opinion is no better than others.

Now questioning other Jet fan's loyalty to the team based on enjoying that single taunting call, is retarded. That's as close a matter of subjectivity will get to being a fact.

18. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Okay, if someone believed that the taunt was not moronic and selfish, then how would that person describe it?
    A necessary penalty to spark the team?
    Out of control emotion?

I don't get it.
    I really do not understand how somehow can make excuses for Edwards here. Is he that dumb that he doesn't know the rules? I suppose so. Hell, Donovan McNabb didn't know a game could end in a tie.

19. nycztonee

nycztonee Active Member

Maybe we should bring back Herm Edwards and his least penalized team in the league to satisfy some of you guys.

Rex's team (the defense at least) brings swagger and confidence to the team, and fear and hate to the opponents.

This team of Rex Ryan's build needs to act like idiots sometimes to get the point across to the league.

20. Bl33D GR33N

Bl33D GR33N New Member

You can't call the guy stupid for not knowing that doing a bullshit dance would cost the team 15 yards. Did you know for a fact that any celebration is considered a penalty? The rules for that stuff change year to year. Now we know. If he does it again he's a selfish prick. We learned the hard way and now we move on.