Should the Jets bench Braylon for his Alleged DUI?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by pats-hater, Sep 21, 2010.

?

Should the Jets sit Braylon Edwards?

Poll closed Nov 5, 2010.
  1. Yes, the Jets should sit Braylon for at least one game.

32.9%
  2. No way in hell should the Jets sit Braylon for any games.

54.4%
  3. The Great American will not vote on this poll because he knows nothing about the Jets or Braylon.

7.5%
  4. I like beer.

27.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

have the Phins benched or punished Ronnie Brown or Will Allen for their DUI arrests??

2. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

You are right. I checked a chart and for a 200+ man, a .16 is about 4-5 drinks. I don't think it changes my point, however, that ticket holders should not throw stones from their glass houses.

3. GBA

GBA Well-Known Member

I don't know if it was mentioned before, but apparently the Jets can't do anything to reprimand Braylon. Any action taken by the Jets that could be seen as punishment would violate the CBA. That includes benching him.

4. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

the jets should bench braylon edwards for his retarded 15 yard penalty and THEN almost getting another one.

he is obviously too immature to handle his own success. in football and in life.

5. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

bull. they can bench him. a team isn't required to play any particular player. the coach gets to decide who plays not the CBA. the jets aren't required to allow drunk drivers to dress and/or play.

6. AussieJet

AussieJet New Member

Actually the CBA states (my interpretation) that Braylon can file a grievance if the Jets don't allow him to play.

And he would win the grievance. The jets will need to run a fine line a showing they are punishing braylon, but also adhering to the CBA.

7. jetsons

jetsons Well-Known Member

Okay simpleton, let me break it down for you, 1st-during Revis' holdout Rex made a statement about bringing the whole team together in order to get the contract settled more quickly, Braylon then quipped-I would be against that because no one player is bigger than the team yet by his own actions he is doing just that-he is now in the spotlight albeit a negative one. 2nd-ANYTIME a player jeopardizes his ability to help the team due to his own STUPID & SELFISH acts it hurts the team-PERIOD. It's okay if you can't understand it, remedial courses are being given in the fall...I suggest you sign up early :breakdance:

#127 jetsons, Sep 22, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2010
  8. jetsons

jetsons Well-Known Member

Really, tell that to Big Ben

9. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

It hurts us short term but the right move would be to sit him a game, This team is getting reckless and a message needs to be sent.

10. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

hmm..no they can't bench him unless you believe that Brad Smith or the clown would actually beat him out on the practice field. The Jets would just be in more trouble than they already are. Just the perception of benching him is enough to draw a complaint. And they most certainly are required to allow drunk drivers to dress AND play.

11. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

How does what Braylon did affect the team negatively? I'm sure people are smart enough to differentiate stuff done in the locker room to stuff being done on a player's own time.

12. nyjunc

It's another distraction following up on the reporter controversy. You think this helps us? The man is a moron and the fact that two teammates were w/ him at the time and allowed him to drive makes our team look even worse. We have a huge game coming up and we are talking about an arrest instead of the game.

13. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Well, the Ines Sainz controversy resulted in us spanking the Pats, so maybe this Braylon situation is timely.

14. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Hey, nice personal attack.

You didn't answer JB's points. You just reasserted your unsubstantiated claim. Repeating a point without supporting it does not make it stronger, and in fact indicates you don't have anything to support it.

Edwards has not jeopardized his ability to help his team unless the team violates the CBA and suspends him or doesn't play him.

It's also a stretch to say the least taht anytime a player does somethign stupid off the field on his own time that it hurts the team.

Are you giving that remedial course? I doubt anyone takes it.

15. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Geez, do you have to quote that guy? I knew before he ever posted he'd be on the wrong side of this issue. He's on the wrong side of every issue. I would just ignore him like I do.

16. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

How does it make the TEAM look even worse? Please explain.

It was three players, not the whole team. The team has no bearing on what these players do on their personal time.

Sure, they are an investment and they need to think about this but the TEAM does not look worse except in the eyes of those that hate the Jets or hate reality in general.

17. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

Yay!! The team has the right to bench our number 1 receiver at the moment (no offense Cotch).

Why would they punish the other members of the team and their loyal fans?

18. nyjunc

No it didn't, that came out right before the Ravens game.

Do I really have to answer this? You don't think this makes the team look bad?

19. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

When I take a step back and look at it, No I do not.

Not in a league where you're as good as your last game.

Not at a time when there are so many more important things to be concerned with.

Sure, Jets haters and my office mates will talk trash about us because of it but the only way the team can really look bad is if they do not succeed on the field. Win the division and go deep in the playoffs and this week 2 BS will be forgotten.

If its not forgotten, its a sad waste of brain activity for those that focus on it.

As fozzi said, these players on not role models for my kids. I don't go to bed saying I want my sons to grow up to be just like Braylon, Mark, Rex or Woody.

20. Twombles

Twombles Active Member

If he wasn't one of our only two legit receivers for this game then yes...