Jets vs Dolphins Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by soxxx, Sep 19, 2010.

1. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Take your Pick!

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. jets_fan_in_fishtown

jets_fan_in_fishtown Active Member

did the NFL change the dolphins schedule to play the bills 8 times this year?

3. MARSHALL~LAW

MARSHALL~LAW New Member

No, but the Jets are on the schedule twice!

4. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

I've been looking things over and if the Jets throw the ball down the field the Jets will win the game, if the Jets go with the game plan they had VS Baltimore the Jets will lose.

5. ElleClouds

ElleClouds Banned

The way Jason Allen, Vontae Davis, Karlos Dansby and Yeremiah Bell have played thus far, our secondary will be better than the two teams you have faced thus far. I added Danbsy due to his assignments in Nolan's system in pass coverage. Asking Sanchez to do more against this defense would probably result in a Miami victory. Face it, our D has been playing nice thus far.

On the other hand, if the Jets rush anything like Minnesota, the Jets will have a good chance at beating the Fins. Adrian Peterson had his way in our bend not break defense, but I don't know if we get Sanchez to play like Brett. NY coaching staff wouldn't allow it.

This game could go either way. I just enjoy the excitement the 2-0 confidence, the rivalry and home field advantage with a sold out crowd brings. Bad news for the Jets, the Fins and Fin Fans are wearing those undefeated orange jerseys come sunday night.

p.s The 2010 Jets thus far have been operating like a soap opera.

6. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

LOL the sold out crowd?? Do you know who bought those tickets?

7. ElleClouds

ElleClouds Banned

The seats will be filled. Hating?

8. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

Filled with Jet faithful. So many Jet fans fill that house.

Be interesting to see how the dolphin D does against a more balanced team. Peterson ran well against them last week but held when it counted. Farve is a disaster so you can't look at the passing D just yet. Farve is playing like he did the final 5 weeks with the Jets. No faith in his body and just hoping the ball finds someone on his team.

9. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

The Dolphins are going to get CRUSHED Sunday night. I am so pumped for this game. They have played a terrible Bills team and a terribly coached Vikings team, now return home where all their fans will be so excited to see their 2-0 Dolphins! Then all of a sudden, silence will occur. Jets by 10+. They better wear their orange jerseys. Its their only chance to stay close.

10. ElleClouds

ElleClouds Banned

Why make excuses as to why the Fins are 2-0. I guess they had nothing to do with winning those two games opposed to the Jets having everything to do with their performances thus far?

Football will be played by both teams come Sunday night.

11. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

I'd love to say the Jets will crush the Fins, but I expect a highly competitive, down to the wire, defensive, inter-divisional struggle.

12. greenbeanz

greenbeanz Well-Known Member

it will 100% be a close game because all jets-fins games are close. but dont think for a second a sell-out is good for you guys. it just means that there will be that many more jet fans there. we fill that stadium every time. its like home #2 for us.

13. 2010LookinUP

2010LookinUP New Member

You guys must not have attended the Monday night Dolphins-Jets game last year down here to be making these comments. Because it was probably close to 85-90% Dolfans in the building.

In the past I know there have been massive Jets fans sightings out in south Florida. However, last seasons Monday night game was not one of them. There were some here and there. But there weren't many. You should have seen how quite the Jets fans were. They were washed out.

And on the way out they were even quieter. :beer:

14. Nyi28nhl

Nyi28nhl New Member

Keep living in the past. Who cares about what happened, the time is now.

15. milo

milo Well-Known Member

That had a lot to do with the Monday night thing. A lot of people fly in for that game if it's on a Sunday afternoon, so the MNF is a crappy showing.

I would wager this game will be similar...won't be near the 50-50 it has been at times for these games.

And yeah I went last year, and talked mad shit with about five of my friends vs. eight Dolphins fans in the row in front of us the whole game. They talked shit back. With five lead changes everyone got their shots. And in the end as we were all leaving we all shook hands and said good game.

Half the fun of those games is the shit-talking. When people (on both sides) start getting too serious (or more often too drunk) about it is when it stops being fun, no matter who wins.

16. 2010LookinUP

2010LookinUP New Member

:beer:

Unfortunately for me, I was exiting the same gate where that 40-something year old man (Jets fan) stabbed the 17 year old kid (or whatever the ages were) for talking shit in the parking lot after the Dolphins won.

The Kids were walking out cheering "OVERRATED...OVERRATED..." and the guy flipped on the group of teenagers for christ sakes and ended up stabbing one of them before getting arrested.

Retarded. If you can't handle the loss, then don't go.

17. milo

milo Well-Known Member

Yeah that was jacked up I remember that.

Yeah been to the last seven of these games and for the most part there's more good than bad, but I've seen some really messed up people doing some messed up shit. My buddy's girlfriend got tossed down the stairs by some wasted douchebag who she bumped into accidently on the way up to the concourse at halftime.

Some guys just wake up that morning and their first thought is "Sweet I can get in a fight tonight and get away with it."

18. Welsh_Jet

Welsh_Jet New Member

Can't believe this game is live on UK television. Staying up late for this one. The Girl-friend is a Dolphins fan so it should get really interesting in my house at about 4 or 5 am GMT! LOL!

19. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

According to Rex's presser from about fifteen minutes ago, (Pace) and Revis are out. Revis will not even make the trip down to Miami.

20. 2010LookinUP

2010LookinUP New Member

So it's looking like..

-No Revis
    -No Jenkins
    -No Pace

What about Edwards status? Is he playing?

Mangold, and JT? I presume they're OK to go, no?