Should the Jets bench Braylon for his Alleged DUI?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by pats-hater, Sep 21, 2010.

?

Should the Jets sit Braylon Edwards?

Poll closed Nov 5, 2010.
  1. Yes, the Jets should sit Braylon for at least one game.

32.9%
  2. No way in hell should the Jets sit Braylon for any games.

54.4%
  3. The Great American will not vote on this poll because he knows nothing about the Jets or Braylon.

7.5%
  4. I like beer.

27.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

He doesn't need to bring up Ronnie Brown because that has nothing to do with Braylon Edwards.

The Jets are not the Miami Dolphins, but I see that some other Jets fans here think the Jets should follow the Dolphins lead on key issues.

I'm reminded of Sam Wyche grabbing a mic and telling his team's fans, "You don't live in Cleveland."

Fuck the Dolphins and fuck what they do. The Jets need to do what is right, not mimic what the fuck the Dolphins did or did not do.

2. JetRizing89

JetRizing89 Well-Known Member

u cant sit braylon

sure he needs to be punished but sitting him punishes everyone

the fans

the team

a better solution for everyone would be for braylon to apologize to the team and then hold a press conference apologizing to the fans, dock him a gamecheck, and have him enroll in some alcohol education classes or something

sure it seems like a slap on the wrist but u cant hurt the team to spit braylon

3. jets_fan_in_fishtown

jets_fan_in_fishtown Active Member

like i said in another thread...really glad some of you emotionally unstable posters are not the GM.

otherwise we'd be worse than the rams

suspend him for buffalo. not miami

the investigation excuse as i stated...will give them a few days and the game will have been played already

4. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

The Jets fan in me says to let him play. In the long run, I think a suspension for one game will send the right message both to our team, and around the league. The way the media and NFL has been on and off our nuts from the Hard Knocks => Ravens loss => win over Patriots => DWI is getting annoying.

5. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Either the Jets suspend him this week or they don't suspend him at all.

Suspending him for the Bills game is absolutely moronic. The message with that would be disgusting.
    "We think driving drunk was reprehensible and Edwards deserves a suspension, but we desperately need him vs Miami, so we'll sit him out of the Bills game."

That would be ridiculous. The Jets cannot do that.

I can see both sides of the issue as to whether Edwards should be suspended this week or not.

I cannot in any way get behind the idea that he should be suspended but the Jets should pick which game.

6. GreenMachine

SO what about due process? Not saying he will be , but what if he is acquitted?

I think we need to let this play out. Let the NFL act then the Jets organization.

7. jets_fan_in_fishtown

jets_fan_in_fishtown Active Member

really? It's moronic to say "we're investigating the manner and will decide on the appropriate punishment". That logically could take several days in any capacity, for any organization. The game is 5 days away...so delay a decision till the following week would be completely plausible.

i think you need to take your valium and relax

8. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Edwards was involved in conduct detrimental to the team. This is nonsense that they have to deal with when they need to focus most of their efforts on a key divisional game.

Are you suggesting that Edwards may not have been drunk and that the Jets should question the police report?

Edwards is not the second coming of Jerry Rice. The Jets should be able to beat the Dolphins without him. The Jets should suspend this moron for conduct detrimental to the team and try to talk Laveranues Coles into coming back.

9. mangoldman

mangoldman Member

can i have some valium?

10. GreenMachine

The Jets are not in a position to question the police report.

I am just saying, the team should not operate on a hair trigger.

11. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I am not even remotely upset over this issue, so you can cut out the valium talk. I just happen to use the English language in such a way to get others worked up.

Yes, it is thoroughly, thoroughly moronic for the Jets to hide behind nonsense and then suspend Edwards against Buffalo.

12. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

You make him sit out the first series, the first possession. Like every other team in th NFL, you leave it up to the league to deal with this otherwise.

People are going on emotionally charged rants here.

The TEAM comes before irrational, vindictive emotionally based reactions. If Smith is hurt, we have two WR's without Edwards. Coles aint comin back. He is pissed he got cut in the first place, and he knows he'll just get cut again with no salary gaurantee when Holmes comes back.

For the sake of the TEAM, we cannot hold the Jets to a double standard here. I don't like Edwards, His taunting was an embarrassment. But I don't see any point in punishing the TEAM for his actions.

13. Satire?

Satire? Guest

Let him play. NFL can deal with that bullshit.

14. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

if there is no legal recourse before the offseason, what exactly is detrimental to the team about spending a few hours in a jail cell and having to answer questions about it? is the team really that fragile that they can't focus on their preparation and know he had a little too much to drink.

this entire thing is getting blown completely out of proportion.

15. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

this.

Rex was hired to coach players and win games.....he's not going to sit one of our best offensive weapons if he doesn't have to.

16. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Watch how much of a problem this becomes the next few days. It will become a distraction if it isn't already.

17. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Is it a league issue?

I am not sure that it is.

I know there were conflicting reports as to whether this is a league issue or a team issue.

18. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

Why couldn't Gholston have been driving?

19. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

would have been his best contribution to the team thus far in his career

20. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

He would park the car, forget where it is and report it as stolen.