Braylon Edwards Arrested for DWI

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by MoLewisSoNasty, Sep 21, 2010.

1. ElleClouds

ElleClouds Banned

It seems that the majority of Jet fans thinks his actions are warranted and Braylon should go unpunished. This is until he is running over one of your loved ones at 5am in the morning just because he was too stupid to call in a car service. Idiots continue to thrive in this society.

2. jetsmets93

jetsmets93 Member

also it was allen's second or third offense i believe.

3. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

Idiots like Ronnie Brown, Will Allen, Brian Hartline...

4. bloke911

bloke911 Active Member

:breakdance::lol:Time for celebration!!!:breakdance::lol:

We have officially hit more posts than "Woodhead signs with the Patsies" Thread:beer:

5. Wahoo

Wahoo Well-Known Member

Yea, you're right, I'm always thinking small. If you're gonna go, go all the way

6. bloke911

bloke911 Active Member

ummmm..Ronnie Brown, Will Allen, Brian Hartline... :breakdance:

Dolphag fans are so smart!

Yes Elleclouds, that's sarcasm, Ronnie Brown, Will Allen, Brian Hartline never did anything wrong. Doh!

7. Satire?

Satire? Guest

Work hard, play hard. Sometimes too hard.

8. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

apparently your comprehension groups you in the idiots category. nobody is saying he should go unpunished, simply his punishment should be in line with the mandates of the collective bargaining agreement which details what those punishments can be -- no suspension. I don't see anyone saying that the charges should be dropped.

having to appeal to emotion with the loved ones comments only further validates my initial claim of this post.

9. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

Well, who really knows what was going on with Hartline's truck, but it sounded pretty fishy.

10. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

yo Holmes, you ready for that contract extension?

11. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I definitely don't think he should go unpunished, but I also think that the punishment should be standard across the board, which it seems to be. Goodell's office will do it's investigation and probably sooner rather than later, although not soon enough to keep him out of the Dolphins game, Braylon will hear his punishment. Right around the time that Ronnie Brown and Will Allen learn of theirs.

Don't throw stones from that glass poolhouse you live in. Idiots do thrive in this society, and it's frighteningly obvious who they are when they visit a rival NFL team's message board.

12. Clown

Clown New Member

ok.. this is getting sick... We understand that braylon did something really stupid but just reading some of these posts it feels like people are branding him a murderer because he may have killed someone. WTF??

He didnt kill anyone, it was possible and we thank god he didnt but no one was killed... jeez.. Cut that coulda woulda killed someone out...

13. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

Just curious, but were you this adamant about players being punished when all those Dolphins players were arrested for DUI's and beating their pregnant girlfriends?

14. jets_fan_in_fishtown

jets_fan_in_fishtown Active Member

you forget that 90% of the posters here are completely emotional unstable and any type of incident can trigger their manic depression or bi polar disorders

if i was a psychiatrist or psychologist, i'd be putting up banner ads all over this site. would never have to find clients again because i'd be booked up for years

15. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I just killed 2 of our janitors after I read your post. Way to go, tough guy.

:)

16. jets_fan_in_fishtown

jets_fan_in_fishtown Active Member

if they were dolphins fans, then i applaud your actions as a creative outlet

17. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

I do agree with some posters that driving while drunk is not as dangerous as it is made out to be and that MAD has outlived its usefulness and that its main goal now seems to be bringing back prohibition. .16 is essentially 5-6 beers. Driving while using a cell phone or driving a SUV while sober can arguably be just as dangerous if not much more so. The New Yorker did a nice piece about 5-10 years ago saying that simply driving a SUV sober had something like 7 or 10 times the chance of causing a fatality than driving a regular car drunk.

But a bigger problem to me is the decision making. It's ok for Joe blow to put himself at risk but Edwards is part of a team with 52 other players depending on him. He should be aware of the public perception and consequences of a DUI. Its not the risk he put other people in or even breaking the law its the stupidity. He hurt his team for stupidity. That is the problem here for me. An incredibly stupid move. He had a great game. I love his non selfish style of play he has displayed for the last year. I love his blocking and I think he is a big key to our running game. But beating NE is not the super bowl. It's just one win and to be so stupid may say a lot about his priorities, I hope he uses this as motivation and as a learning tool. Like some other people have said he is still a kid at 27 and kids do stupid things. Hopefully this is a wakeup call for him and he do some growing up.

#937 Noam, Sep 21, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2010
  18. KBJET

KBJET Member

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/news/story?id=5601080
    NEW YORK -- Two of Braylon Edwards' teammates were with him when he was pulled over and -- to his surprise -- arrested for driving while intoxicated early Tuesday morning.

The New York Jets wide receiver appeared in court Tuesday in ripped jeans, wearing a black T-shirt with the words "One Love" on the front and angels on the back to answer the DUI charges.

Police documents, parts of which were read aloud during the hearing at the Manhattan Criminal Courts Building, revealed that he didn't understand why he was pulled over.

More From ESPNNewYork.com
    From Hard Knocks to the treatment of a female reporter, the Jets' image has taken some hits, so the team needs to get tough with Braylon Edwards, writes Rich Cimini. Story
    • Check out the Jets blog

"Why was I stopped for tints when my driving didn't lead you to believe I was drunk driving?" Edwards said, according to the report of the arresting officer, Armando Urbina.

Officers on the lookout for vehicle violations like excessive tinting or missing registration stickers pulled over Edwards' white Land Rover on Manhattan's West Side at 4:47 a.m. ET and noticed a strong smell of alcohol and that he had bloodshot, watery eyes, the police report states.

"I had a couple of drinks," Edwards said to the officer, according to the police report.

There were four other people in the car with Edwards at the time, and the Jets confirmed that two of them were his teammates -- left tackle D'Brickashaw Ferguson and defensive end Vernon Gholston.

According to the arrest report, the officer asked Edwards when he had his last drink.

"About an hour ago," Edwards responded.

Urbina asked Edwards if he was familiar with a breathalyzer. He responded that he was but asked why he would not undergo a field sobriety test like in Michigan, where he went to college. The officer said that was not procedure in New York.

Edwards said to Urbina: "How about I just leave the car and take a cab and go home?"

But the wide receiver did undergo the breathalyzer exam, blew a .16 reading twice and was arrested.

Edwards has had his license suspended and will have to appear in court Nov. 9 to answer the charges. After the court appearance, he left in a black Cadillac Escalade SUV to go to the Jets training facility and speak with team officials.

Jets Not Catching On
    Braylon Edwards' impact hasn't been felt so far this season. The Jets are the only team this season to get fewer than 100 receiving yards from their wide receivers.
    -- ESPN Stats & Information

Fewest receiving yards from WRs in 2010
    Jets 98*
    Chiefs 114
    Vikings 129
    Lions 146
    Buccaneers 165
    *54 from Edwards, 44 from Jerricho Cotchery
    When asked if he had any comment on the situation, Edwards said: "There will be plenty of time to talk. I'll address everybody."

But his attorney, Peter Frankel, said: "He wants to speak to his teammates and he wants to speak to his coach."

Frankel added that Edwards "hadn't slept in two days."

The attorney said he would challenge how the breathalyzer was administered, but he did not offer more details.

Frankel also was apparently annoyed by Gunther relaying with such detail the conversation between Urbina and Edwards. During the court appearance, he said sarcastically that he "appreciated the candor," which caused his fellow attorneys to laugh quietly. But he did say to the judge that he hoped it would be "dealt with along the line."

This isn't Edwards' first off-the-field issue. The Jets acquired Edwards, a former first-round pick out of Michigan in 2005, from the Cleveland Browns only days after he was accused of punching a man outside a Cleveland nightclub in October 2009.

The victim was an acquaintance of LeBron James'. Edwards pleaded not guilty at the time, but he ended up pleading no contest to misdemeanor aggravated disorderly conduct. He received probation and a $1,000 fine.

Pending the outcome of the New York City case, Edwards may have to return to Cleveland to face a possible probation violation, which could carry jail time. The Cleveland Municipal Court judge handling his case has been notified of his New York arrest, court spokesman Ed Ferenc said.

Prosecuting attorney Alyssa Gunther said in court that the district attorney's office is "still investigating the circumstances of the Cleveland incident."

In August, 2008, Edwards was stopped for driving 120 mph in a 65 mph zone on an interstate near Cleveland. According to the Cleveland Plain Dealer, Edwards already had his left hand out of the window, holding his driver's license and registration, as the officer approached the vehicle. Edwards hadn't been drinking and wasn't intoxicated, police told the newspaper, but Edwards' passenger vomited on the dashboard.

In March, 2009, Edwards was drinking with teammate Donte Stallworth in Miami Beach, Fla., the night Stallworth killed a pedestrian while driving. Edwards wasn't at the scene of the accident and wasn't charged. Stallworth was suspended for a year.

While with the Browns in 2009, Edwards was fined $1,701 by Eric Mangini for failing to pay for a $3 bottle of water on his hotel incidentals. The fine was so high, sources said, because Edwards already had accumulated several team violations.

ESPNNewYork.com's Jane McManus, Ian Begley and Rich Cimini contributed to this report.

Hey guys dont know if this was posted but i dont feel like going back and looking for it. Found it interesting that brick and gholston were in the car with him at the time.

19. 624

624 Banned

I never said he was, was just using an analogy but obviously that one is a much bigger deal.

I'm just saying that some people are acting like he should get the death penalty and some are saying that it is not an issue at all.

He obviously did something stupid and dangerous, so he should be disciplined, I'm not saying to THAT degree though. Just an example.

20. Clown

Clown New Member

LMFAO. wow right.. those psychiatrists/ psychologists are looking in all the wrong places!