Braylon Edwards Arrested for DWI

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by MoLewisSoNasty, Sep 21, 2010.

1. Jetsfan711

Jetsfan711 New Member

Nothing's gonna happen to Brick and Gholston, Braylon will be fined and will be deactivated for the Dolphins and everyone will move on.

2. DisgruntledLionFan

DisgruntledLionFan Active Member

They are going to hold coaches, GMs, FO people to a much higher standard than the players.

You'd think Braylon would have learned something after partying with Stallworth last March, though.

3. IATA

IATA Trolls

Fixed your post, buddy.

4. Keithnyj

Keithnyj Member

THats true. Didnt look at it that way.

5. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

i hear what you are saying but the NFL cannot tolerate drunk driving. especially whent they are suspending guys for 4 games on a reefer violation and especially after donte stallworth was drunk driving and ran that poor dude over in south beach last year.

Its too bad that the Jets season might be derailed by Edwards poor judgment, but I can't see how he simply gets slapped on the wrist here.

And then there is the fact that he is I believe on probation in Ohio and the consequences of this on his Ohio issues (also alcohol related) are yet to be determined.

I think Goodell will consider all of this in terms of assessing a suspension and or fine. But then again ben sexually assaulted a woman in a bathroom and all he got was 4 weeks....so you never know I guess.

6. Clown

Clown New Member

Im still shocked over this... damn braylon... they just started this " he is selfish trend" and now he is living up to it. I WANT THIS FOOL TO PLAY MIAMI THIS SUNDAY!!! I DONT CARE!!

7. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I hope everyone insisting Edwards should be benched realizes the divisional opponent we're facing on the road this week has 2 players on their roster who were busted for the same thing and not benched. I hope you realize benching Edwards would not give us another roster spot leaving us with 2 healthy receivers (Cotch & Clown) against a strong Fins defense. I hope you realize that we're dealing with a young developing QB who is starting to build confidence and has chemistry with Edwards.

8. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

fixed that for you for honesty's sake.

and what's your point? the team President is covered by the agreement between the league and the players.

9. egelband

egelband Well-Known Member

actually, i think ben 'acted inappropriately' (whatever that means). he was never charged with anything. and while, in many ways, it's a worse action. you can also say that ben didn't put anyones life at risk. at best, he was just a jerk.
    for what it's worth, i have no problem with santonio enjoying some dope. playing the ipod too loud, tho, is a dick move.

10. ........

........ Trolls

I'll go ahead and add "I hope you realize that we've lost 3 in a row to those faggots."

11. kinggofg

kinggofg Active Member

It is rediculously unlikely it is to get a DWI on the island of manhattan, unless you are so hammered that you drive your car into the empire state building.

Bottom line its just not a problem. 9x as many people were MURDERED in manhattan than were killed by drunk drivers last year.

The cops pulled him over for TINTED WINDOWS. They weren't trying to protect the safety of the city from drunk drivers. They saw a flashy car with tints and thought lets see who this a-hole is. When they pulled him over they found a grizzely looking bearded man and a roided up monster in the car and thought, were going to arest these guys for something.

The cops were probably pissed they found no illegal firearms, no cocain fell out of thier pockets, they didn't "resist arrest". These are good guys, who went to a CHARITY EVENT earlier in the evening who got unlucky. I'm proud of them.

12. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

well said.

13. IATA

IATA Trolls

910 post before someone pulled the race card.

14. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

If the NFL is not going to suspend players for getting a dwi, then why bother suspending a guy for pot or for harrassing a woman in a bar restroom? Just them do whatever the hell they want to do and leave it up to the courts to deal with.

But the last time i checked the NFL has been suspending guys for getting dwis. guy from the lions caught a 30 day suspension for a dwi. The players all know the rules, they all know that they can call for a driver. they all know that the NFL has a program that provides them with drivers whenever they need one. Thats why this is all so stupid. Hell they could have all just taken a limo home very easily. They choose not to do so.

15. JarOfMayo51

JarOfMayo51 New Member

Couldn't have happened to a bigger piece of shit... Karma is a bitch Braylon, you douche bag...

16. IATA

IATA Trolls

Someone posted it awhile ago, but the last 12-14 guys arrested for DWI have had a grand total of 0 games suspended.

17. bloke911

bloke911 Active Member

No matter what anyone says this is a royal a-hole move.

OK, do we have it out of our systems?

Great, on to the Dolphags!!

18. Wahoo

Wahoo Well-Known Member

Jet players are doing all they can to eff up what might otherwise be a memorable season

19. ........

........ Trolls

Now that's just not true. If they really wanted to do all they could to eff it up, they'd gang rape an elementary school. If their intent is to eff up the season, they get a 1/10 from me on execution.

20. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

Id like to see that. Stallworth was suspended for a yr after his dui manslaughter. i believe jared allen lost 4 games after his dui a few yrs ago.

the personal conduct policy and the substance abuse policy are both flawed and basically historically how big a star a player is has a great deal to do with how they are treated. It will be interesting to see what Goodell does with Edwards.