Braylon Edwards Arrested for DWI

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by MoLewisSoNasty, Sep 21, 2010.

1. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

I agree to some extent...only some extent. But 4 games for DWI is a lot. This being his first offense, there has to be some slack for first time offenders. He'll already serve the community time or whatever and that should suffice it.

As for going to jail for 180 days, I doubt that ever happens. I could be wrong but I think the probation was issued by Ohio state, not on the federal level. Ohio state can only enforce its own state laws and can not take into account his arrest in New York/Jersey. If he convicted on a federal level, then it becomes a probation through out the country.

2. IATA

IATA Trolls

Responsibility for what exactly? Not breaking the law? What a son of a bitch.

3. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

No, you are not reading this correctly. nobody is above the law including me. You don't know me or what I have been through so please stop making false assumptions or statements about me. I have not brought your life into this discussion, please respect me the same way.

My point in bringing up a part of my experience was to simply show that i understand that we all make mistakes. Braylon Edwards is very lucky. He has been blessed in many ways. He exercised very poor judgment and he is lucky that he didn't hurt anybody. I do get angry at drunk drivers because they tend to kill and hurt people and shatter innocent people's lives. Nobody is above the law. I certainly include myself in that.

4. nyy486

nyy486 New Member

Wow, what an idiot (D'Brick included as well). Chances are Goodell will suspend him, especially because he has a history, so the choice won't be up to the Jets. Welcome to the 2011 Jets, Santonio Holmes.

5. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

It is both actually.

6. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

I can see this thread is going to give the Revis thread a run for its money in dumb fuckery.

7. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

So, if you are out with a friend who is hammered and wants to get behind the wheel, you just say, "Not my problem. In fact, let me get in the car with you." Really?

8. IATA

IATA Trolls

Chances are he wont be suspended because he wasn't in the substance abuse program.

9. InRevisWeTrust

InRevisWeTrust New Member

TheJetsStream:

10. IATA

IATA Trolls

Ok supersleuth, which laws did Brick break? what should he take responsibility for?

he shouldnt have been drivign, so he wasnt. braylon shouldnt have been either, but rumor has it that he was.

11. IATA

IATA Trolls

OH MY FUCKING GOD THATS WHY GHOLSTON DOSENT HAVE 100 SACKS!!! CUT HIM!!!!!11DMCAMS SDFGSDFGH

oh dear.

12. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Well, there you have it. Gholston was in the car with him. There was never any chance in hell they'd hit anybody.

13. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

Suspend all three of these guys.

14. SigmaXJet

SigmaXJet Active Member

and they say we don't have chemistry

15. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

I'm not condoning Edwards' behavior, but those equating drinking and driving with carrying a loaded, unregistered handgun into a NYC bar Plaxico Style are injecting a ridiculous analogy.

Putting a handgun into your wasteband before leaving for a nightclub requires premeditation, whereas I doubt Braylon Edwards set out for the evening telling himself, "I think I'll get shitfaced and then drive."

16. IATA

IATA Trolls

Excellent.

17. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

that's twice today, good job.

18. Keithnyj

Keithnyj Member

You people are rediculous. All of you people who are saying "Edwards needs to be suspended" are the same ones who will be on here next week syaing we had no offense in the miami game. I dont understand why you people are so contradictive.

I do agree that he was stupid for driving, but however, no one got hurt. IF is the biggest 2 letter word there is. You can say "Well what IF someone got hurt?" "What IF..." However, Look At what DID Happen and not What Could have happened.

Fine him all the money you want to, by all means. However, I dont feel like we can afford, As A Team, to suspend him. We are thin at depth at wide receiver at least for 2 more weeks.

It's easy to sit here and trash Braylon, but if your a true fan, you'll stick by your team, and the players who play on it.
    Again, I DO NOT THINK IT IS RIGHT FOR HIM TO DRINK AND DRIVE, But look at the bigger picture, He's Alive, and Noone else was physically effected by his ignorance.

19. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

If you understood that we all make mistakes you would be more compassionate and less vindictive towards Braylon. He did drive drunk but did not shatter any innocent people's lives.

By bringing up what happened to your friends you invited speculation as to why your judgements may by impartial due to those facts. Everyone else's interpritation of your comments is based upon facts that you provided.

20. JCotchrocket

JCotchrocket Active Member

Um...

Can you point out the part I'm not reading correctly? I can't tell... I'm on my third Coors Light so I'm totally shitfaced. Plus I can only text so often when I'm on the highway.