Braylon Edwards Arrested for DWI

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by MoLewisSoNasty, Sep 21, 2010.

1. steves850

steves850 Active Member

A few more beers and you never know... thats the natural progression right?

2. ........

........ Trolls

I'm not so sure about the last part. He'll never see the full 180 days, but he very well could be forced to serve some time, especially if he's actually convicted on the DWI. I'd like to know the length of his probation. If the judge in Ohio decides to wait for conviction before determining whether his probation is revoked, and the term of his probation is just a year, he very well could delay long enough. I'm just not sure she'll wait.

3. IATA

IATA Trolls

He's got lawyers that will push this off until, at the earliest, the offseason. Think about it man. This is reality. He is a rich man with expensive lawyers, whos 1 job is the keep him out of prison. They'll do the job.

4. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

Serving jail time is what the off season is for

5. Rascio

Rascio New Member

Haven't read the last few pages but Fatcesa reporting D'brick was in the car with him

6. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

Ollie, if you want to get into personal insults just send me a PM. I'd be happy to discuss it with you.

7. ........

........ Trolls

It's out of his attorney's hands if the judge decides to revoke his probation. They can appeal, I'm guessing, but I'd assume he ends up spending some time in prison if she chooses to act.

8. JCotchrocket

JCotchrocket Active Member

BTW, just so I'm reading this correctly...

You were a moron in your 20's. You and your friends used to drink too much and make stupid decisions. You see the error of your ways in hindsight.

Braylon Edwards, although in his 20's and prone to stupid decisions, should not be graced with the luxury of hindsight. He should be punished immediately.

Because no one is above the law.

Except you.

9. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

I think the Jets will take an approach where they "need to gather information" over the next few days before acting. Basically, play him in the game where they need him (Fish) and suspend him in a game where they can get by without him (Bills).

Good business, but definitely sends the weakest possible message.

10. ........

........ Trolls

Exactly. It's a non-issue as far as this season is concerned, but that doesn't mean he's going to skate through easily. It could actually be a benefit to a team hoping to sign him by driving his price down.

11. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Every player seems to get his jail time at fortunate times like the offseason. I don't know why everyone thinks the Jets are an exception to this rule.

I'm not panicking.

12. NYGalPal

NYGalPal Well-Known Member

I just heard about this. Anyone who endangers the lives of other with this kind of behavior is selfish and reckless. There no excuse. What an asshole.

13. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

In my opinion.. And I say this every time a bunch of Kids get into a car with a drunk driver... IF YOU GET INTO A CAR WITH A DRUNK DRIVER THEN YOU ARE ALSO IN IDIOT AND CAN"T POINT A FINGER.....

I see parents of kids who get F'd up or die while in cars with a drunk driver and they take it out on the driver - You know what - Your kid was partying with the driver all night.. The driver just happened draw the small straw.....

teach you kid NOT to get in a car at all with a Drink Driver....

That said.. Brick is also irresponsible here somewhat

14. jetsmets93

jetsmets93 Member

first off, i think braylon should be suspended one game... it just sucks that this week happens to be the fins not the bills... second, i understand that some people here have lost friends and loved ones to drunk driving and that sucks but some people are being unreasonable about the punishment... for someone his size .16 isnt totally shitfaced... also he wasnt pulled over for appearing to be driving drunk, it was for tinted windows which shows he wasnt swerving or falling asleap at the wheel... i think he should get 1 game no pay and mandatory counseling.

p.s. the title should reflect that brick was in the car so people know.

15. JETTS216

JETTS216 New Member

Stop the sideshow

Fellow fans, it appears that every week there is some other stupid, ridiculous story/scandal. These "incidents" have got to stop. No team can withstand such distractions and expect to succeed. Criminality is unacceptable. Braywards you are an idiot--grow up and take a cab.... geeeesh

16. MoLewisSoNasty

MoLewisSoNasty New Member

I have <$100 in my bank at the moment, but I still can afford a cab from the bars when I go out on the weekends. Braylon supposedly can't. Go figure.

17. IATA

IATA Trolls

I don't think there was any hanky panky going on between Brick and Beard, pretty sure he was just drunk.

18. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

maybe. but he is on probation in Ohio. and this will count as a probation violation for sure and the Judge in OH could revoke the probation and implement the sentence. Lindsey Lohan is rich too. She will be heading back to jail shortly for the similar stuff. Yes he has lawyers, but they already did their job, he pled out and got a suspended sentence and probation. Now he has fucked up again. when that happens you get hauled back to Ohio and there may not be much that the lawyers can do to save him from himself and the judge.

19. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

Whoa. Slow your roll.

He has a drinking problem now?

20. ........

........ Trolls

Good point, except Abdul didn't have the luxury of a car that he could call to pick him up. It's not like you can just get a ride when you're drunk if you're not rich and famous. Might be a good business idea...get some cars and drivers and have people pay them to drive them. Paint them some eye grabbing color like yellow. Let's do this.