Braylon Edwards Arrested for DWI

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by MoLewisSoNasty, Sep 21, 2010.

1. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Good. No suspension. All haters can suck on Rexy's willy!

2. ........

........ Trolls

LOL. You are really cracking me up today with the leaps and digressions. Who is arguing that driving drunk involves intent to kill? It's stupid and grossly irresponsible, not malevolent. (EDIT: I just saw 624's original, and foolish, post. Still, the "people here" thing implies it's more than just him. Sorry, not going to let you imply that everyone arguing with you feels that way)

You've got to be a lawyer. I've never seen this much bluster and hopeless shifting of an argument from someone who didn't go to law school.

(This is in response to the last two 'paragraphs', BTW. Obviously I'm not disagreeing with the first statement.)

EDIT: BTW, did you happen to check out the 'source' for that Drunkard.com article? It hardly inspires confidence.

#762 ........, Sep 21, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2010
  3. steves850

steves850 Active Member

I thought it meant you wanna club seals with premature babies?

4. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

He was passed out drunk.

5. ShadeTree#55

ShadeTree#55 Active Member

I doubt this is their 1st party. It went something like this:

Brick: Are you cool to drive?
    Edwards: Yeah I'm cool.

6. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Excellent post, man. And I concure, except for the 4 game suspension. Sit him for one game because the law is going to punish him also. Really stupid though.

7. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

The man fucked up he didn't hurt anybody so let him deal with it and move on.

8. JCotchrocket

JCotchrocket Active Member

I call hornet on 3 of the 4 bolded sentences.

The first one is spot on, though.

9. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

Oh man. I have watched you post here and have watched you argue with others and have never joined in but this is ridiculous.

10. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

You are escalating things a bit with your analogy.

Shooting at someone and missing includes the intent to hit that person. Having a couple drinks to many and trying to drive home involves bad decision making but not the intent to harm others.

11. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

What's the matter with all of these players? According to one of the morning shows (I think it was Joe and Evan) the NFL provides a free ride service for players who aren't fit to drive. It's not even a matter of taking a few bucks out of pocket for a cab!

Then again if your BA is .16, you're not exactly thinking straight to begin with.

12. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

I have news for you. Turning 30 didn't help you much.

13. IATA

IATA Trolls

You're fucking insane if you think he's serving 180 days in jail. You're also stupid if you think he's getting 4 games w/out pay. He'll get MAYBE 1, tops. And as far as jail goes, I doubt he ever sets a foot in jail.

14. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

The guy is a selfish A-hole, and if he was my teammate I'd be ready to strangle him. They're all busting their asses to try to win a Superbowl, and everyone needs to do their part and work towards the same goal. Now this clown hurts the whole team because its too hard for him to figure out that if he plans on drinking, maybe he shouldn't plan on driving. You would think he'd learn something from already being in the car when Dante Stallworth killed someone.
    What a f*$#ing moron.

The Jets need to send a message that this shit won't be tolerated. I hope we suspend him for 1 game, and then let the law run its course. If we don't suspend him the organization looks like its being run like a circus.

15. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

What is the debate here?

Is it whether drunk driving is immoral or if Braylon should be suspended?

This is crazy.

16. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Does it really matter who the other people in the car were? Jesus, this wasn't a drive-by shooting.

17. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

90% of the people on this board have probably been .16 many, many times, including yours truly. And i used to drive home from games that way.... way back when.

Things are different today and you've got to be really stupid or really arrogant to get behind the wheel, especially because these guys have cards in their pocket that get them a free ride for only a phone call.

How freaking aggrevating. We really need this.

18. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

You are wrong BB. I don't drink but I have no problem with others who chose to drink. Its a free country. drink all you like. I think its great if thats how you like to have fun and relax. See this isn't about me or about drinking. Its about yet another pampered athlete getting hammered and driving or acting like a reckless asshole. Your analogy of drunk driving to speeding is a poor analogy. Edwards has repeatedly gotten into alcohol related problems with the law. He punched some poor dude outside a bar in Ohio and now this. He doesn't get it. He has a drinking problem.

Braylon is very lucky that nobody got hurt. As pointed our previously, Donte Stallworth killed a pedestrian and he wasn't as drunk as Edwards was.

He will now likely be hauled back to Ohio within a month or so and the Judge could easily revoke the probation effective immediately. Meaning he would be done for the year.

Its pure stupidity on Braylon's part. Dumb drunk athlete. He deserves to be punished by the State of Ohio, the State of New York, the NFL and the Jets.

He is actually a very lucky person that nobody was injured or killed.

19. jcluttrell

jcluttrell New Member

But he didn't. Stop playing the fucking 'what-if' game.

20. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Punishing Braylon Edwards won't change what happened to your friends and it won't do anything to the guy that hit them. What a suspension or jail time will do is make it much harder for the Jets to win the division, much less the big game.

While it is positive that you stopped drinking, the fact is that in your youth what you did was no worse than what Braylon did now. If you really feel so strongly that drunk drivers need to be punished then turning yourself in would be the way to go. Having become a better person than you once were, I would think you would understand that others can also learn from their mistakes without having to do hard time.