Braylon Edwards Arrested for DWI

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by MoLewisSoNasty, Sep 21, 2010.

1. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

No one is arguing that Edwards didn't break the law. The debate is about the punishment that he should receive. To say that they should give him the worst possible punishment because "he broke the law" is hypocritical to say the least. Speeding is an infraction of the law and anyone that does drive at or below the speedlimit is a threat to themselves and others even if they are following the law.

It has been 40 years since the Jets won the big game and Edwards is as important to our offense as Revis is to our defense. He is a part of the team and if anyone should give him a break we are the ones that should want to see him get it.

2. JetsYankeesThrylos

JetsYankeesThrylos Active Member

I was arrested for a DUI, blew a .13. Anyway .02-3 or pretty much after your first drink, your motor skills get altered. In NY state you can be arrested at .05 depending on your tolerance. Now I changed my ways and will most likely never drink and drive again, but I don't fear killing anyone, I fear getting caught again and then be screwed, whether I become a felon or wot be able to acuire a liquor liscense if I want to take over the family resteraunt, shit like that can ruin my life. Anyway Braylon shouldn't be benched at all he made a mistake and was rightfully caught, he isn't an evil person like Michael Kay is making him out to be on his show right now, man Michal Kay is being an idiot today, I guess to him punching someone makes you a terrible person, but I digress. Braylon needs to help himself at this point and the Jets need to play him, anyone suggesting a season long suspension or even four weeks is a dick. He will pay for the crime and he will have to go learn about the dangers of DD like I did by court order and it changed my view, hopefully the same will happen for him. Braylon needs to play!

3. 624

624 Banned

I bet Braylon shaves his beard now after this happened to move on from that whole character. Like when Pacman Joness shaved his trademark dreads.

4. steves850

steves850 Active Member

My problem is what he's risking by drinking and driving when there are some many alternatives out there. It was dumb and completely selfish. I hope he is fined and not suspended for the Jets benefit mostly.

5. nycztonee

nycztonee Active Member

But.. but... he wasn't supposed to touch that shit until we win the SB!! wahhhh!

6. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

1. Drunk driving is tantamount to irresponsibly carrying a loaded weapon into a club.

2. Getting into an accident by oneself is tantamount to that gun going off while down your sweatpants.

3. Hitting someone while drunk driving is tantamount to the loaded gun going off and hitting an innocent bystander.

Braylon's transgression fits into the first category. He should be punished accordingly.

I hate to say that because we really NEED him to play this year. Santonio would fill his receiving shoes nicely, probably better, but I doubt that he can lay the wood like the beard on running plays. Que sera'.

7. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

So, you quit drinking and now everyone who does risks being subject to your virtuous wrath.

How does his drinking show he thinks he's above the law? If I speed on the highway and get pulled over, I pay the ticket and live with it. I sure as sh!t don't tell myself I'm above the law. How do you know Edwards thinks he's above the law?

Your post is ripe with a mixture of false moral superiority posing as an interest in enforcing the law.

8. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Just like Sanchez's shitty game v. the Ravens, this will all blow over with Edwards' next TD reception.

But it I were a FB player, I would protect my assets by an means necessary because the odds of getting injured and not being able to work after my FB is done is high.

9. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Isn't Holmes regarded as a very good run blocker?

10. IATA

IATA Trolls

Sanchez had a bad game? I only remember the incredible game against NE....

11. RapZiLLa54

RapZiLLa54 New Member

You sir are my hero!!! Cheers :beer:

12. 624

624 Banned

Yeah Santonio is a great blocker, just because he's not 6'4 doesn't make him a bad blocker.

13. Jetsfan711

Jetsfan711 New Member

RT @bradcomoSNY BREAKING: D'Brickashaw Ferguson was a passenger in the car driven by Braylon Edwards at the time of BE's arrest

14. 624

624 Banned

What other game? I thought Sanchez has been MVP-like for years now.

15. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Thats disappointing

16. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

He didn't rape anybody.

17. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

That's a dumb argument. Edwards was not trying to kill anybody.

People here have bought into the whole MADD propaganda that driving with a few drinks in you is equivalent to wanting everyone else on the highway dead.

It isn't. It quite simply is not the same.

18. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

That's it. Release D'Brickashaw Ferguson immediately. Being in the same vehicle with Braylon Edwards means that he wants to kill babies with a hammer. I don't want someone like that on the Jets.

19. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Oh that's just great. What's the matter with Brick that he can't tell Edwards, "Dude, let's just call a freaking cab. You don't need to drive and run the risk." Really stupid.

20. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

He should be suspended for a minimum of 4 games w/o pay.

In addition he is most likely going to have his probation revoked in Ohio and he will likely have to serve 180 days in jail. He is very lucky that he didn't kill somebody. Anybody who chooses to make light of drunk driving most likely has no fng clue what they are talking about.

I used to be a moron in my 20's. I could pretty much drink anybody under any table. I had several friends who were severely injured in a drunk driving accident - paralyzed. the driver blew less than what Edwards just blew. W/o going into further details - I know exactly what I am talking about when it comes to drunk driving. Believe me. Edwards is damned lucky. He could have easily killed somebody operating a huge range rover at that level of impairment.

Worse is that he is a millionaire football star who could easily have had a driver take him and his friends home. the NFL has a specific program for this. Also - obviously its NYC - he could have very easily gotten a hotel room or had a driver take care of him safely. The fact that he is wealthy, the fact that he knows better and the fact that he is already on probation in Ohio makes this much dumber in my mind. A selfish stupid person who acted carelessly with the lives of others and and towards his teammates.