Braylon Edwards Arrested for DWI

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by MoLewisSoNasty, Sep 21, 2010.

1. Lynkx

Lynkx Active Member

We went 3-1 with Cotchery as our #1 last year.......

The fact of the matter is, we don't know alot of variables in this situation.

We don't know:
    A) How long he was out
    B) How much he drank
    C) How often he drank
    D) What made him think he was alright to drive

The officer pulled him over for tinted windows. That means that Braylon gave no reason to believer, at least from the officer's perspective to be pulled over aside from that.

I think everyone agrees you shouldn't drink and drive. It's a fact that people (anyone), do it, regardless of the fact that you shouldn't.

I also believe that players in general know they shouldn't drink and drive, just like anyone else, but as with any other person, players make bad decisions sometimes too.

"Making an example" out of someone never works the way you intend it to. No one was hurt in this particular incident, there was no damage, so in my opinion, all he deserves is a fine (i don't particularly care how big the fine is, anything from half a game check to 4 game checks seems like it would be fair.)

If you bench him, you take away a huge threat in the offense, so you hurt both Sanchez and our running game, as Braylon is an extremely good blocker.

Also note that Ronnie Brown was arrested for the same offense and still has yet to be suspended by the Fins.

He did receive a fine, but nothing more.

2. The Lord

The Lord Active Member

Not quite actually.

0.13-0.15 BAC: Gross motor impairment and lack of physical control. Blurred vision and major loss of balance. Euphoria is reduced and dysphoria (anxiety, restlessness) is beginning to appear. Judgment and perception are severely impaired.

0.16-0.19 BAC: Dysphoria predominates, nausea may appear. The drinker has the appearance of a "sloppy drunk."

3. Bl33D GR33N

Bl33D GR33N New Member

Didn't he plead no contest to punching some dude in the face? This guy is a jackass. Dump him, sign Coles. We can't afford this bullshit and Coles doesn't drop balls that hit him in the numbers. Coles in the slot, Cotchery, Holmes, Clowney, oh my.

4. steves850

steves850 Active Member

I agree sign Coles now. Edwards will be suspended Holmes is out, Cotchery needs someone worth a damn to line up with him.

5. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

What is your point?

6. steves850

steves850 Active Member

Stupid people make stupid decisions, ten-fold when you have viable options.

7. Lynkx

Lynkx Active Member

Tannenbaum said that the Jets are investigating the incident. If you think he will be suspended before miami, You're wrong.

8. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

From what I have seen in this thread you and a few others have obviously had some type of personal experience with someone close to you being involved an alcohol related accident. I agree that drunk driving is dumb and should not be done but I think you are way off base on your claim that he was driving his car while totally shit faced. He should pay the consequences in whatever way the law tells him too and maybe get an extra fine from the league at some point. We have all done dumb shit before and if we based the consequences of those actions on all the bad things that could have resulted from those actions we would all be serving time in jail for almost killing someone.

9. steves850

steves850 Active Member

It doesn't matter when. it will happen.

10. IATA

IATA Trolls

So where does Coles fit in this equation?

11. jetzIII

jetzIII New Member

Just wondering why he needed to be out until 5:00 in the morning. I would put a rule down, know one can party until after the season..LOL!!

12. Lynkx

Lynkx Active Member

Ronnie Brown thinks you're wrong.

13. IATA

IATA Trolls

Not really. He's not in the substance abuse program, so there is not a mandated suspension.

14. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

I don't think anyone disagrees that what he did was wrong.

15. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

He had the day off.

16. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

You clearly have no idea what you are talking about. How does it feel to be ignorant? I happen to know EXACTLY what I am talking about. .16 is DRUNK. Visibly DRUNK. obviously DRUNK. How drunk you ask? .16 is Red watery eyes, reeking of booze, slurred speech, poor motor skills DRUNK. SMASHED.

Edwards had 4 passengers in his vehicle. So in addition to putting his own life at risk he wasd endagering the lives of his passengers and other motorists and any pedestrians who may have been unfortunate enough to have been walking near this asshole as he was drunk driving.

Let me put it to you another way - Donte Stallworth KILLED somebody last year while he was drunk driving. Donte Stallworth had a BAC of .126.

Edwards was .16

So Donte Stallworth was so drunk that he killed a guy - but he wasn't nearly as drunk as Edwards was this morning in NYC.

GET IT ?????

#736 AbdulSalam, Sep 21, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2010
  17. steves850

steves850 Active Member

Maybe I'm wrong and its a knee Jerk reaction, I just know this man doesn't have a good track record and I know Goodell likes to make examples out of repeat offenders.

18. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

Well, explains it. You can fire someone for performance issues without write ups and the like. It can be as simple as one day out of the blue "Sorry, but we're going to have to let you go." However, the lack of write ups will make it impossible for the company to fight any unemployment claim.

Yours is entirely different animal. Good luck with that one, ouch.

19. 624

624 Banned

That's a dumb argument.

If someone takes out a gun and shoots you but missed should they not get punished since you didn't get hit?

20. steves850

steves850 Active Member

Maybe Stallworth is just a bad driver?