Braylon Edwards Arrested for DWI

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by MoLewisSoNasty, Sep 21, 2010.

1. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

http://www.drunkard.com/issues/08_02...hting_madd.htm

Read this.

2. wildaces

wildaces Banned

Cotch has always been our #1. He has just never been our #1.

3. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

4. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

You have absolutely no f'ng idea how many drinks he had. For all you know he could have had 12 shots of tequilla and 6 beers. You cannot simply take a BAC reading and extrapolate how many drinks somebody had. It doesn't work that way. There are alot of other factors.

the bottom line however is that he was shitfaced, was breaking the law, he is lucky that he didn't kill himself or another person and this isn't the first time he has been in trouble with the law. so F HIM, he's a stupid drunk, yet another dickhead football player who thinks he is above the law. Suspend his ass. I hope Goodell steps in and slaps 4 games on his ass at least.

5. Brian2008

Brian2008 New Member

According to the New York Post, Jets coach Rex Ryan is "so infuriated" at Braylon Edwards' DWI arrest that he is "strongly considering" benching the receiver in Week 3.

This isn't Edwards' first run-in with the law, a factor surely weighing on Ryan's mind. The Jets are apparently intent on "making a strong and swift statement" this week. The NFLPA would fight a one-game suspension without pay, but there's nothing to stop the Jets from simply benching Edwards. The team released a statement Tuesday expressing strong disappointment in Edwards' actions. Sep. 21 - 2:10 pm et
    Source: New York Post

6. ShadeTree#55

ShadeTree#55 Active Member

I feel for you and I know you went through a lot. Its just the facts behind the drinking and driving stats are altered to the point of propaganda.

Distracted driving is just as bad, and they don't face near the penalties or ridicule that drinkers do.

You could have one quick beer on an empty stomach and blow a .08 and you're a potential murderer. Some chick can be texting while doing her hair and its a traffic infraction.

7. egelband

egelband Well-Known Member

i wanted to learn why it's ok to drink and drive, but :

Not Found

The requested URL /issues/08_02...hting_madd.htm was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache Server at www.drunkard.com Port 80

8. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

He didn't even crash his car into anything either.

Anyone who was not there does not know whether he was even driving erratically.

His BAC alone does not provide these answers. It is all coulda, woulda, shoulda. This speculation has more to do with revenge against drunk drivers in general than the details of this instance.

9. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

Sounds like you should file a counter-suit against the Labor Board. Unless you are leaving out some seriously juicy details, or your in-house counsel sucks, it just doesn't make any sense.

The law is pretty crystal clear regarding this.

10. egelband

step up, rex. might end up saving braylons life in the long term. guy does it once and no one shows him it's wrong, he might do it again and die.

11. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

This is a perfect example of stupidity about drunk driving. Its not about texting or anything else - its about getting behind the wheel when you are SHITFACED drunk and deciding to drive. Nobody is talking about texting. This is about getting F'd up and driving. Bench him. Suspend him. Fine him. W/e. If the NFL or the Jets want to excuse his drunken stupidity - then the next player who thinks its okay to drink and drive and winds up killing somebody - will be on the NFL and the Jets.

We just had an NFL player kill somebody while drunk driving in Miami - and still there are retards on here who want to make up excuses for this moron.

12. Denny

Denny Active Member

We can whip Miami without him. Sit him one game and lets move on. But I'm sure the New York Justice system will serve him. He will probably be put right next to Plaxico.

13. The Jutty

The Jutty Banned

He is obviously going to face legal charges, no need to bench him.

14. egelband

i don't believe the guy needs to be tarred and feathered, but a strong statement should be made. sit him for four or five games and put him in counselling for a month. once he shows he has done the program and learned, let him play again. he needs to learn to never do this again and that he and *someone* are lucky no one died. make a statement to braylon and anyone who's paying attention. could turn a negative into a positive.

15. MeanGreene23

MeanGreene23 New Member

Ehh i wouldn't go that far.

16. JCotchrocket

JCotchrocket Active Member

God, you just love being wrong.

The reason .08 is the legal limit is because the effects of alcohol begin to occur when your BAC reaches .08. The put it simpler: .08 is the lightest buzz a person could possibly have.

.16= totally shitfaced? I'm sure somebody on here is a cop and would love to sink their teeth into that claim.

17. ShadeTree#55

ShadeTree#55 Active Member

He didn't harm anyone. Only tarnished the Jets image and should be held accountable and will.

10s of thousands of fans will drive home to their families from the new stadium this year over the limit. Better get your soapbox ready preacher man.

18. ........

........ Trolls

You've posted this 5 or 6 times now. It very well may be true, but it sure seems slanted and exaggerated. I'd imagine the truth is somewhere in the middle. It doesn't exactly give confidence that the organization they keep citing for data is actually one guy with a tripod page. I'll stick with my own experiences and those of my former neighbors (an OC Sheriff's captain and a former Pasadena police chief).

The article is absolutely right, though, that the punitive aspects are out of whack. It's completely impractical to seek prison sentences for drunk drivers who cause no damage. I'm a big fan of heavy monetary fines and hefty community service to offset the "it's too expensive to call a cab" and "waste of time getting a DD" arguments. It's just such an unnecessary act.

19. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

Our in-house counsel is not handling it in Cali, we have a firm out in Cali on it. He is involved daily with the Cali firm though.

I am actually leaving out some juicy details. We had an OSHA claim filed against us by one of the three employees.

We fired them because they were all idiots right around the time we heard of the complaint from OSHA.

They all called OSHA and the Labor Board and filed whistle blower complaints against us.

We did not believe they were the whistle blowers and we have tons of internal documentation on their constant screw-ups.

We have been unable to prove they were fired for lack of performance and the OSHA and Labor Board attorneys and they're entire case is built on the lack of verbal and written warnings.

#719 pats-hater, Sep 21, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2010
  20. steves850

steves850 Active Member

I think the point is being lost somewhere on this board. Point is the law is the law and you can't ignore because thats what you believe. Futhermore NFL players get a free fuckin car service in a luxury SUV or Limo. This was just stupid I have no sympathy for him or any person who commits DUI.