Braylon Edwards Arrested for DWI

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by MoLewisSoNasty, Sep 21, 2010.

1. hobgoblin

hobgoblin Well-Known Member

I just want to know If, and for how long he's going to be out.

2. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

Maybe you think drunk driving is a joke and isn't an assinine thing to do. I disagree w/you. .16 = totally shitfaced. I have zero tolerance for this bullshit. You are free to not agree w/me. But imho what edwards did was far worse than what santonio did.

3. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

I agree with you Abdul.
    It's one thing to do something stupid that puts you personally at risk but it's a whole other thing when that stupid thing ypou do puts others at risk.

4. MeanGreene23

MeanGreene23 New Member

Fine him and sit him for 2 weeks. And lets move on.

5. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

In his last game at Miami he did have like 4 or 5 catches for 70+ yards

6. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

+1

those who think this is a joke are out of their minds. We all have made mistakes in life. Myself included. But just b/c some fail to understand the severity of driving around drunk off your ass blowing a .16 - doesn't mean that all of us are that naive.

.16 is HIGHLY DRUNK.

if he had blown a .08 or something - that would be a different story.

7. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

.08 is what? 3 maybe 4 drinks right? I don't know how often you drink but 6 or 7 beers does not equal totally shitfaced for most of the male population.

8. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

I do not disagree that driving drunk is a joke nor do I disagree that it is an asinine thing to do.

I do disagree however with your opinion that he should be out for the year.

This is a LEGAL issue not a LEAGUE issue.

9. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

To be fair if he blew a .16 @ 5:15am that means he must have been drinking for at least 5 hours if not more.

So youre talking at the minimum maybe a dozen beers?

Thats gotta be pretty shitfaced

10. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

Penalty 1st Offense in NY State

First offense DWI or DWAI-Drugs (i.e., no prior DWI convictions within 10 years):

* A fine of no less than $500 and no more than $1,000.
    * Possible jail time of up to 1 year.
    * Loss of license for at least 6 months.

If this is his first offense, not a big deal in regards to punishment by the state. The NFL probably has a much more stringent outlook on the matter.

11. RapZiLLa54

RapZiLLa54 New Member

This

6-7 Beers is typically my pregame. Do I think he should of been responsible and hauled a cab or a limo? Yeah sure but do I think this is the worst offense on the planet and he should actually be suspended because he COULD of killed someone?? Shoulda woulda coulda, nothing bad happened to anyone and he may have just cost himself a second contract. Fine him and be done with it.

12. Tony

Tony Bipedal, Reformed

Yeah, they are. You are the one who is on the wrong side on this. Driving a car is a responsibility, and you have to take that responsibility seriously. One thing goes wrong and people can die or be seriously hurt. I spent two years in a fucking wheelchair because someone didn't take their responsibility seriously. It has nothing to do with being soft or wimpy. It has to do with being a responsible member of society.

Edwards blew a .16. That's pretty drunk. Not knee-walking, but enough that his judgement was impaired. Maybe impaired enough that he concentrates on changing his radio station and not on what's in front of him. In situations like that, people can be seriously hurt or killed. If you get behind the wheel of a car drunk, you show a complete disregard for the safety and well being of those around you.

The brainwashing thing was really just dumb, shade. If a drunk driver, or any driver who was doing what they shouldn't hit you or someone you love and hurt or killed them, you'd see it the same way. I get pissed when people are on cell phones driving because the kid that almost killed me was on her cell phone. Good reason to dislike it, right?

13. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

If Clowney catches more than two balls this week, I'll be amazed. It's incredible that the guy apparently hasn't improved in his pattern running at all since he entered the league.

14. ........

........ Trolls

He doesn't have to worry about what NY does to him; he has to worry about what Ohio does to him.

15. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

He didn't kill anybody.

16. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

I don't drink. I used to drink. I know exactly what I am talking about - trust me. BAC Depends on body weight. But .16 is very shitfaced to the point where if you get behind the wheel of an automobile and start driving when you are that f'd up - you are w/o question acting like a complete A-hole. People get killed everyday because idiots like this decide to drive when they are F'd up. There is no excuse. Nobody should be trying to excuse this. He could have easily killed or seriously injured himself or another person. I fkng hate drunk drivers.

17. ShadeTree#55

ShadeTree#55 Active Member

I don't think anyone is downplaying the fact he was pretty buzzed and shouldn't have been driving.

Its the reaction from "moral" police that disturbs me.

The only reason I don't drink and drive is because I don't want to get arrested. I am not saving anyone's life by not driving after 6 beers during a football game.

18. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

He's on probation

19. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

What does this have to do with your statement that Edwards should be suspended for the season?

20. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

.16 is not shit faced, that's drunk.

Google it-