Braylon Edwards Arrested for DWI

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by MoLewisSoNasty, Sep 21, 2010.

1. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Yeah Kerry Rhodes got in on that, it was anonymous and probably Clowney.

2. Lynkx

Lynkx Active Member

This. The NFL won't suspend him until late this year, and they'd probably make the suspension retroactive to the beginning of the next season.

lol.

Drunk Driving is bad. Very bad. We all know what can happen when someone drinks and drives, but the fact of the matter is, Braylon didn't hit anyone or kill anyone. This will blow over, he'll definitely be fined a couple of game checks, and i can see him being suspended for either the first buffalo game or one of the games after Holmes comes back.

Was this stupid?

Absolutely.

But that doesn't mean he is some kind of thug as people have said in this thread. Come on. Millions of people have done the exact same thing, but he's a thug because he got caught doing it?

Braylon didn't hurt anyone, even though he did put himself and the other player in the car at risk. Ray Lewis killed somebody, but didn't get caught. Who's the thug?

Again, I don't support drunk driving. I know plenty of people who have lost friends or loved ones to it, but the man made a mistake. That's what humans do. Athletes are humans, despite being freakishly gifted, and have downfalls. Braylon is lucky that this wasn't something more, but he's a human just like everyone else.

You all need to relax. I absolutely agree that you shouldn't punish the team, especially in a divisional game. Week 8 would be a perfect candidate to suspend him, if the Jets wanted to take that route, but I feel fining him 3-4 Game checks would be more then enough, and he'd accept that.

3. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

Oh no.

They were right. There is no chemistry in the locker room.

No way we win next week now.

4. dmarz45

dmarz45 Well-Known Member

Braylon will play vs. the Dolphins... We need him so if the TEAM decides to suspend him (which is HIGHLY unlikely) they would do it later on in the season, once we have Santonio Holmes back. All reports, however, are saying that this is his first offense so it will only be a half game paycheck fine with no suspension from the league. Don't forget how HUGE of a game Braylon had in primetime vs. the Dolphins last year!!!

5. MadBacker Prime

Surprisingly Clowney had more yards in less receptions but Braylon did have a TD.

Braylon's lawyer is the same from the Plaxico case.

6. GBA

GBA Well-Known Member

Can't believe there are so many assholes here rationalizing or defending drunk driving. Anyone that drives drunk deserves deserves to go to jail, even if he is a Jet.

Seems like Braylon's going out of his way to prove he's the douchebag everyone thought he was. Anyone see him after he made that 2-point conversion last week? Minutes after getting flagged for taunting, he basically went back and did it again.

7. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

My first thought as well.

He's killing the open Market.

8. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

He got flagged in the first half and caught the 2 pt conversion in the second half but I see your point.

9. dmarz45

I dont agree with his decisions, but as long as he's making plays for us Im happy. I really think we should look into drafting a WR 1st round next year to replace him before he fucks up again. I guarantee this wont be the last time he gets into trouble, he's bad news...

10. Lynkx

Lynkx Active Member

To illustrate my point, he could have had 4 "Harry Buffalo's" over the course of 3 hours (slightly more then 1 per hour...) and have been at .16 BAC.

11. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Damn we're gonna tank that badly this year?

12. Struckanerve9

Struckanerve9 New Member

Actually, the Jets can suspend Braylon if they choose to. It's just a matter of not activating him for the game. The LEAGUE cannot suspend him because of the provisions in the CBA for substance abuse. Beyond that, the matter is a legal one and will be handled by the justice system. As it should be.

13. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

Must be a union worker.

Non-union workers have no protection whatsoever in CA or NV.

14. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

No it isn't.

There are 52 other guys on the roster that bust their asses.

Fining him a shitload of $$$$$ (couple of game checks) hurts only Edwards.

Sitting him hurts the team.

15. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

NO!!! bIG FAT nt.

16. dmarz45

hahah sorry, fixed...

17. ShadeTree#55

ShadeTree#55 Active Member

18. MadBacker Prime

I don't mind those so much, one has nothing to do with the other.

In terms of drunk driving and taunting. Braylon was pissed at the lack of respect the offense was getting going into that game, so his adrenaline and testosterone took over.

Drunk Driving, his stupidity took over or possibly the guest in his vehicle was a pretty lady.

19. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

They will be drafting a NT in the 1st round next year if there is a draft and there is a NT worth drafting that high.

20. dmarz45

Pouha is getting it DONE son!! Our offense is what needs improvement!!! But I could live with a nice DT\NT..