Braylon Edwards Arrested for DWI

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by MoLewisSoNasty, Sep 21, 2010.

1. rico college

rico college Well-Known Member

First the dum ass Beard, then the stupid TD taunting and now this........

2. Coach K

Coach K New Member

rofl ur serious? holmes is a failed piss test away from a 1yr ban! we have a drinker and a smoker who both want contracts. at this stage u cant give a big contact to either confidently

3. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

The worst part is he was at a charity event last night with other Jet players.

4. rico college

rico college Well-Known Member

Then who? The clown?

I could care less if Holmes is a Pothead, It going to be legal soon in Cali anyway. At lease Holmes looked serous in HK, unlike this loser.

5. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Precisely, the Jets should already a policy regarding this. If it involves suspending the player then fine. They should not overreact to appease their critics or improve PR. That's not fair to Edwards.

6. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

Go back to sleep plea$e.

7. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Gotta wonder about how they calculate that, I wouldn't rely on it too much as a blanket assessment

8. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

Fuck a cab, Jets have some program where all you have to do is call a number and you get driven home AND someone will also bring your car home. I wish I had that shit! :beer:

9. NY2MD_FS

NY2MD_FS Member

well that pretty much does it for his time here.
    if it was ever 50/50 between him and santonio it's all santonio now.
    way to "beard", way to blow a perfect opportunity.

10. swifty_0

swifty_0 New Member

Why does everyone on here act like saints? 1 in 5 drivers have driven drunk.

11. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Well actually somebody did say it was equivalent to killing someone, so there is that.

The point about what Jesus said is we are all sinners. We sin at different things. I am sure you do, too.

What He said is a cautionary statement about judging others too harshly. I thought that was obvious to everyone.

12. JETSJETSJETS17

JETSJETSJETS17 Well-Known Member

25 pages before Noon est. - not bad.

13. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

Way to blow this out of proportion...

14. nycztonee

nycztonee Active Member

It doesn't make sense that he was your "good friend". That's bullshit unless your mentally or emotionally challenged.

Statistics are what keeps this world in order. Nothing is less bullshit than statistics. They can at times be misleading if misinterpreted, but nothing is more factual.

Answer me this then. Do you believe that drunk drivers should not have their cars taken away, or on the flip side, cell phone users should lose their cars?

By your logic, they're both morally wrong because the end result is the same, so why should the punishments be any different?

15. jcluttrell

jcluttrell New Member

16. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Just quoting myself because this seems to be getting overlooked. Braylon is still under probation. Legally-

17. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

That's if consumed in less than an hour. He probably had closer to the 15 drink range.

18. Fiftynine

Fiftynine Well-Known Member

As much as I think sitting Braylon will hurt our chances on Sunday night, he's got to be suspended by the team for at least a game. And it should be done sooner rather than later.

Sure it seems as if the Jets run things a bit looser than most but Edwards acted like an idiot and could've killed someone. It's not like NYC roads are deserted at 5am.

Hopefully losing a paycheck and facing the possibility that the team that plays in the city in which he wants to live may not want him next season, will straighten him out.

I'm not saying we need to get all Tony Dungy and lead perfect lives, but Edwards did something reckless enough to warrant punishment, even if it isn't mandated by the league.

19. Clayture

Clayture Member

According to this article in the Daily News, they have a "Player Protect" program where the players can give a call and get a free ride home.

http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local...on_edwards_arrested_for_dwi_in_manhattan.html

Wonder what impact his probation will have on the outcome? Maybe he'll end up hanging out with Lindsay and Paris

20. Jets R Gr8

Jets R Gr8 New Member

50/50 is being very generous. Braylon hasn't done much even before today to give the Jets any long term confidence in him, and by all accounts they are wowed by what they have seen in Holmes so far,and Holmes has a much more impressive resume. It was probably closer to 75/25 Holmes even before this incident. Plus Holmes is younger.