Braylon Edwards Arrested for DWI

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by MoLewisSoNasty, Sep 21, 2010.

1. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

Do you know anything about VJ? His agents? His legal issues? His run-ins with The Great American?

2. ........

........ Trolls

No, I said the Jets should suspend him because of the other issues the team has had. It's a preventive measure in a league that has made public perception paramount. That's how we got Santonio Holmes. However, it's now a moot point. It looks like suspension is impossible for Edwards, which would work out fantastically for us.

Your point on Ben doesn't make sense with your other point that we should simply let the law determine Edwards' punishment. I was simply pointing out that Roger has demonstrated a willingness to address issues outside of the law and with subjectivity.

3. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

That will be great. It is decriminalized here...

4. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

5. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

The Jets should not suspend him this week, or the week ever. First of all they can't. He can go to the union and fight it. The Jets have absolutely no say in suspending him for DUI. None. That was negotiated bewteen the union and the league. Now if he agrees to take a suspension and not fight it that is up to him and if I was him I would say you can suspend me in week 6. I won't complain about that.

6. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

If I was him I would say "lets settle it over a bottle of Johnny Walker Blue".

Then I'd call the car service. Or maybe Salz would drive me home?

7. ShadeTree#55

ShadeTree#55 Active Member

The only reason I don't drink and drive is fear of arrest. I can have a few and drive home perfectly fine. I just don't want to get caught. Just being honest.:beer:

Nothing says Braylon was driving erratically or anything, he just had too dark tints too early in the morning rolling in midtown. I'm sure it wasn't his 1st time driving home from the city. He got caught and now has to pay the piper.

The Jets have put a big bulls-eye on them and they have to react to things like this. Where the Fish can just let Brown play, the Jets have to take action from a pr standpoint.

8. Coach K

Coach K New Member

not on cpu 4give the typing....... anyone know if at this point its jus whether rex suspends him since hes 1st time offender? or his prob from CLE gonna affect this?

9. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

Braylon cannot be suspended by the league...they are not allowed because of the CBA. If he had hit someone he could be disciplined by the league, but that, thankfully, did not happen.

The Jets can suspend him, but that would cause all kinds of issues with the union so it will be interesting to see what they do. Technically he can be fined a max of $50k.

If he has had an issue with the leagues substance abuse policy in the past and this is his second offense he would be looking at an automatic 4 game suspension.

10. DHarris52

DHarris52 Active Member

Not entirely true.

What the union negotiated with the league deals with suspension without pay. The Jets can suspend him, but they would still have to pay him.

11. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Was he drunk or was he driving after having alcohol or are those one in the same? I know in my younger days I've been guilty a couple of times of driving after having a few drinks. When I did, I felt quite sober but who knows what a breathalyzer would say. Lucky for me and others in those instances I was never pulled over or got into an accident. I no longer drive after having any alchohol not because I'm drunk but because I don't want to take the risk of getting a DWI.

12. Dexter Morgan

Dexter Morgan New Member

Not sure if this has been stated or not but is this his first substance abuse violation with the league? If that's the case it could only be a fine. I hope. He really picked the wrong the time for this to happen. Not that anytime is a good time. Unreal that these jackasses can't call a friggin' cab.

13. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

That's what I said above. They can fine him. Anything else can be fought unless he agrees. This is the Jets all-in year. Why accept anything until Holmes is back?

14. rico college

rico college Well-Known Member

F**k, I just woke up!

Is Edwards retarded? His JETS career is so over. At lease we know who to give the contract extension too now.

What an A$$hole.

15. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

A cab, the NFL and the Jets provide free car service that are luxury models equipped with satellite TV, radio and iPod ports.

16. Baumeister

Baumeister Well-Known Member

I never understand why these millionaires do get a driver or take a cab. Then you can drink all you want and don't have to worry about driving. It is the biggest no brainer in the history of earth.

17. Dexter Morgan

Dexter Morgan New Member

The fact is these guys don't have brains to begin with.

18. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Last weekend I was at a bike rally and to leave you must pass a breathalyser, I'm 6' and 12.5 st - 12 hours after my last drink I was still at 0.20.

19. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Another item, Braylon is still under probation from his previous actions. Not with the NFL but legally.

So this could get much worse for Braylon down the road.

20. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

lol that's 8-9 in 0 hours. He was probably out for quite some time. The Cotchery event was from 6:30 - 9:30 last night. So I'm assuming that they went out after that. So let's just say 10 or 11:00 to 5:00. That's a good 6 hours of drinking. Probably puts him at 15 or so drinks.