Braylon Edwards Arrested for DWI

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by MoLewisSoNasty, Sep 21, 2010.

1. John127

John127 New Member

Something I didn't know and just heard on ESPN.....Braylon was WITH Stallworth the night he killed someone while DUI!?! He stayed at the hotel when Stallworth left, but he was that close to a situation where drunk driving killed someone, and does it himself last night??? This guy is a total moron.

I'm sure this was common knowledge to many here, and may have already been mentioned, but it's just shocking to me.

2. Salz

Salz New Member

Getting behind the wheel while drunk impairs you a lot more than talking on your cell phone or texting someone. Texting someone is a foolish thing to do, but it's a temporary distraction. When you're drunk (depending on how much you've drank), it's possible that you won't have any idea where you're going the entire time. Nobody drives the wrong way on the road (often the cause of drunk driving deaths) because they're texting someone. They may miss someone trying to cut them off or in an extreme situation, go through a red light (unlikely, though). Driving deaths from texts usually are from someone not paying attention to a turn at an intersection or someone trying to pass them. The numbers of ways you could crash your car from alcohol impairment isn't even comparable.

Also, obviously being on the road itself is dangerous. So is flying a plane. We don't want our pilots drunk, do we?

3. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

Again, sounds like a lawsuit.

4. IATA

IATA Trolls

I didn't realise we had so many MADD members on this board.

5. ........

........ Trolls

Yep. That's part of what makes it so frustratingly idiotic.

6. ........

........ Trolls

That's funny, since I had a CHP officer confirm that.

7. bucknasty

bucknasty Member

uhhh what?

8. ........

........ Trolls

I can tell you that in an at will state like California, you can absolutely use a DUI conviction as grounds for termination. No clue about your state.

9. ShadeTree#55

ShadeTree#55 Active Member

http://roanoke.com/multimedia/81/most_drivers_push_the_limit

During a recent morning, cars and light trucks traveling 75 mph — 10 notches over the limit applying to much of I-81 — did not rouse Trooper Jason Hypes from his post.

"There's so many going faster than that, I don't stop cars at 75," Hypes said in a blue and gray state police car parked in the median near Dixie Caverns.

"Once you get over 75, you're pushing your luck."

10. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

No but I think this is turning into more of an argument about the issues of drunk driving rather than the fact that a football player may be suspended for driving drunk.

11. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

Adam Schefter tweeted that he is still on probation for his incident last year in Cleveland.

12. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

Ines Sainz and from what I heard, she had her mouth full at the time of the arrest.

13. IATA

IATA Trolls

We've established that.

14. Salz

Salz New Member

Honestly, I think people that are busted for DUI and DWI without seriously injuring or killing someone are lucky. His situation easily could have turned out like his friend and former teammate Donte Stallworth's did. It's funny, kind of... Guy A is impaired with a .16 and doesn't hurt anyone. People blow it off like it's no big deal. Guy B is impaired with a .16 and he kills someone. Then he's a horrible villain that deserves prison time. But it's the same impairment... the fact one guy got away without hurting or killing someone is LUCK.

15. CP+SM=TD

CP+SM=TD New Member

I understand your point, but who are you to say it is more likely for a drunk driver to go the wrong way, than for a texting driver to go through a red light (which I actually nearly did a couple months ago).

16. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Wow wat a fucking moron.

17. ShadeTree#55

ShadeTree#55 Active Member

Braylon's problem was he got caught. People need to save the preaching for church.

18. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

My company is fighting the California Labor Board right now RE: firing a shitty employee without 3 written warnings, 2 verbal warnings, a formal review process, etc.

California protects its workers more than any other state. This is the 3rd case we are dealing with the Ca Labor Board on.

19. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

Again, you can be fired for any reason as long as it's not discriminatory. You can sue all you want. Unless you have a contract stating otherwise (union contract or personal), all employees for just about every company are employed "at-will."

Hence, why companies can layoff thousands of employees for no good reason. It's no different for one as it is for many.

#419 LeonNYJ, Sep 21, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2010
  20. John127

John127 New Member

Not only do these guys never have to worry about the cost of a driver when they go out, but the NFL has a FREE service they can use to get rides home, no questions asked!

Are we all understanding the level of stupidity we're talking about here?!? This is a guy who has had one problem after another and hasn't even contributed much on the field (how quickly some forget his career of drops after one good game). When does he become more of a liability that as help to the Jets? It's only a matter of time, which is why the team needs to take disciplinary action NOW.