Braylon Edwards Arrested for DWI

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by MoLewisSoNasty, Sep 21, 2010.

1. ShonnGangGreene

ShonnGangGreene New Member

Incarcerated Bob has been pretty accurate, Chief.

2. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

You really are hot on this issue dude. I think you should start a thread in the BS section all about your views on drunk driving.

3. ........

........ Trolls

99% of the people I know speed. Hell, the law makes that assumption. That's why there's a 5 MPH cushion.

4. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

So we could be without Edwards, Holmes, Jenkins, Pace, Revis for the Dolphins game.. that's pretty crappy. Plus Mangold and Taylor are banged up.

5. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

You can be fired for any reason at any time as long as you aren't fired for any discriminatory reasons. That's the law.

A DUI in many states is a felony. In all states, the person will lose their license. In jobs which require someone to drive, an employee who looses their license, can no longer work. In a job where an employee needs to commute to work, if they cannot find an alternate form of transportation, they can no longer work. That is unless they can get a probationary license.

A company may also feel that such a person is not a trustworthy and responsible individual and use it as a reason to fire that person.

#385 LeonNYJ, Sep 21, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2010
  6. Jets R Gr8

Jets R Gr8 New Member

I think 99% of people in general speed and use their cell phone while driving regardless of their opinion of Braylon Edwards.

7. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

I always find it hilarious when GordonGecko and I post back-to-back.

8. CP+SM=TD

CP+SM=TD New Member

Looking at the bigger issue of this situation I just think its ridiculous how much some people will try to play the emotional card of people getting into accidents because of drunk driving.

The act of driving itself is inherently dangerous. Big metal boxes flying around at 60 mph is just asking for something bad to happen. Whether your drunk, on the phone, listening to music, eating food, talking to a passenger, dealing with kids, etc. you are most likely going to be distracted. How many people have died from auto related accidents that were not because of alcohol? How many drunk drivers have made it home safe? Should we suspend someone who gets caught texting while driving?

My point is, while no one will deny it is not a good idea to drink and drive, it doesn't send the right message to single it out as the ultimate source of all auto-related deaths. I guarantee every single day you drive, you do something stupid to put both yourself and others in danger while driving. Braylon made a poor choice, but try to be more understanding and work out the situation in a logical, level headed manner.

#388 CP+SM=TD, Sep 21, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2010
  9. ShonnGangGreene

ShonnGangGreene New Member

It's pretty funny.

10. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

He got 1 thing right. The rest has been bs so far as I've seen. What else did he get right?

11. ........

........ Trolls

Are you really going to attack him for hating drunk driving? His attitudes about the ramifications here are off base, but why attack him for being passionate about drunk driving? A hell of a lot of people need to be MORE passionately opposed to it. I've got one friend in the ground and another who has been in prison for more than a decade and will be there for a hell of a lot longer stemming from two separate incidents involving drunk driving.

12. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

I'm interested to see who the passengers in the car with him were.

13. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

THIS HAPPENED YESTERDAY..............

660JoeBenigno Bro I broke the story, stellar sources “@ReaperJet: @660JoeBenigno So did Braylon get arrested YESTERDAY when you tweeted it?” @joeandevan
    less than a minute ago via Twitter for iPhone

14. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

He's a bum.

15. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

It. Did. Not. Happen. Yesterday. For. The. Love. Of. Christ.

16. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

By that logic, DWI shouldn't be a crime unless you kill someone.

17. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

It's the craziest coinsidence ever then that I read a Tweet 24 hours ago from someone called Joebeningo that Braylon Edwards was arrested.......

Unless you just tweet that every so often and You are bound to be right at some point?

18. discostu570

discostu570 Active Member

Go tell it on the mountain, brother.

The NFL has policies in place for handling this. If it were the case that policy dictated a suspension, then that would be that, but it doesn't (assuming he's not in the substance abuse program). So the idea that people should be outraged and demand further punishment is just weird. He did the crime, he'll do the time. Beyond that, if you're 'out for blood' over this, you should probably calm down, look at any of the mistakes you've made in your own life, and thank your lucky stars they didn't put your bad days in the news.

And don't forget, of course, though none of us has to deal with the NFL's personal conduct policies, Braylon, like us, does have the law to worry about. I feel like that's punishment enough for anybody.

19. ........

........ Trolls

This may be the dumbest post of the thread. Congrats.

20. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

That's an old wives tale that there is a cushion. There is no cushion.