Braylon Edwards Arrested for DWI

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by MoLewisSoNasty, Sep 21, 2010.

1. hendersg

hendersg New Member

Absolute moron...........wastes like him never learn...Holmes will be next when he comes back. Look for a gun possession charge, or assault or maybe even a DWI. When the league finally gets some balls to suspend players for LIFE for infractions like this, it will never change......

2. Salz

Salz New Member

You STFU. People get killed because of the behavior Braylon exhibited. It was irresponsible of him to get behind the wheel while drunk. Someone easily could have been killed. But it's okay, he's a Jet, we need him on Sunday, who cares LOL!

3. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

You mean his man-boys.

4. jets_fan_in_fishtown

jets_fan_in_fishtown Active Member

I think his problem is he needs to eat more

5. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

ESPN said the NFL can't suspend him if its his first offense.

The Jets can suspend him.....but for some odd reason I don't think they will.

6. ........

........ Trolls

Judging from his posts, I have a hard time believing that he hasn't been smoking weed since he was 7 years old.

7. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

Holy crap! Overreact much? Oh, forgot where I was. :beer:

8. ........

........ Trolls

If this does indeed constitute a violation of his probation, he's going to be fucked in contract negotiations when that 180 day sentence comes back.

9. jets_fan_in_fishtown

bi polar meds for everybody, on the house!

10. Salz

Salz New Member

Yep, I'm a Binghamton Grad and this is becoming eerily similar to what happened to the Binghamton Basketball program. They took on a bunch of malcontents promising that under new coach Kevin Broadus, they'd behave themselves. They reaped the success of that with a Conference Championship, but it immediately blew up as nearly every troubled player was arrested for various offenses (selling crack, stealing condoms, using other people's credit cards). The championship didn't even seem like it was worth it. It had a huge stain to it. I'm not necessarily saying the Jets will collapse as a result of taking on all these troubled players, but it wouldn't surprise me if each one got into trouble and missed significant time as a result. The difference is Binghamton heavily relied on the malcontent players they recruited and basketball is a 12 player sport. The Jets could still be fine if Braylon, Holmes, and Cromartie got into trouble. Nonetheless, over the course of the season, this kind of crap can take a toll. You reap what you sow.

#290 Salz, Sep 21, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2010
  11. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

So suspension as of now is unlikely as hell

12. John127

John127 New Member

This piece of crap needs to be suspended by the Jets. To all of you who think it's no big deal, you have lot of growing up to do. As for those of you who think discipline is not a problem on this team...WAKE UP! The organization needs to suspend Edwards to send a clear message to this team.

13. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

From a football perspective, this couldn't have come at a worse time. Coming off a big win and a big game personally, now going down to play the Dolphins, Holmes still isn't back.. he really fucked up with this one.

That being said, guys have gotten DUI's and not been suspended before, including Ronnie Brown. So the team could just hit him with a huge fine and let him play, or delay the suspension for a week after "finding out all the facts" or some nonsense.

14. ........

........ Trolls

This reminds me, I can't wait to see alleycat's reaction.

15. WiscJets

WiscJets Member

Maybe we can re-sign him on the cheap now as #2.

Hopefully he can coordinate his suspensions SHolmes... maybe they can work out some kind of a schedule. :)

16. jets_fan_in_fishtown

some people here are borderline retarded. Because Braylon did xyz that means Santonio will do abc.

Great logic there. Been hanging out at the fins forums too much

17. ........

........ Trolls

Meh. Most of the reactions have been pretty dead on:

He's an asshole for driving drunk, the NFL won't suspend him, the Jets should do so because of the other issues at hand, but they should wait to do it after this week.

18. jmclaw

jmclaw New Member

And what about Ronnie Brown and Will Allen?

19. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

And to be honest, I don't care if we put a bad image on our team. We already are looked downed upon by the whole NFL anyway.

20. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Edwards didn't kill anybody. His windows were tinted.

And these idiots here who are saying Edwards HAS TO BE SUSPENDED are factually incorrect. What they are really saying is they would like to see him suspended.

What does that acccomplish?

First of all he hasn't been convicted. But assuming, and that is an assumption, he is, he will probably pay a fine, and go to counselling. Hopefully there will not be a next time. This is his first offense. Hopefully he learns from it.

Beyond that I usually think people posting idiotic things on a message board are harmless. But I wonder what the Jet FO would think if they thought it was some kind of consensus on the message boards that Edwards HAS TO BE SUSPENDED. Would they be more likely to do something foolish like that?

If they suspend him from the fish game, I am inclined not to watch them. I don't need to follow a team led by sanctimonious jerks who think the only way to respond to a situation like this is cut off the noses of all the other players and fans to spite Edwards face. I hope that doesn't happen.

That about covers it.

And oh yea F Miami.