Braylon Edwards Arrested for DWI

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by MoLewisSoNasty, Sep 21, 2010.

1. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

Didnt we not allow John Abraham to play ANY game when he got his DUI?

2. namath4ever

namath4ever Member

Yes, so punish the team to teach him a lesson he won't learn. He's an idiot

Just what did you mean by this then?

3. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

I think they will delay it a bit and suspend him in week 7

He deserves to be arrested for havign tinted windows in a range rover alone IMO

4. Hot Rod

Hot Rod Member

Originally Posted by jetsclaps
    Are you guys kidding me? He isn't THAT drunk, a .16 is 6 beers at most. Yeah it was a stupid thing to do, but there's no way the league takes action this week, and probably not even this year. As long as no punishment is handed out (the team better not do it), he'll be fine. 25 years ago everyone was driving drunk, and a .16 isn't the end of the world, we need this guy to play like he did against the Pats.

And LOL at him tweeting drunk, if he was arrested at 5:15 with a .16 and tweeted at 7:40, that equals like a .08, or 3 beers. Yeah, he's def hammered (/sarcasm).

You are an idiot and know nothing about drinking & driving. A person his size would need a crap load of alcohol to get to .16 Also .16 has been the end of life for many innocent people because of idiots drinking and driving. Have you ever been to a wreck scene where a drunk driver driving the wrong way crashes into a car and kills 5 people inside it, including 3 kids. Think before you type! I hope they sit him until after the bye week.

5. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I mean voluntarily sitting our #1 WR for this game is retarded, especially when he's proven that he's too stupid to learn lessons. Your hurting the team without accomplishing anything.

There are other ways to punish him.

6. Jets-N-Terps

Jets-N-Terps Well-Known Member

there is NO way he get's suspended that fast. It won't be until late this year AT THE EARLIEST.

7. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

RichCimini

If Edwards is susp by team for Miami game, #Jets are down to 3 WRs. Can promote Patrick Turner from P.S. or re-sign Laveranues Coles.

8. namath4ever

namath4ever Member

So whats your idea on how to handle this? Let him play?

9. SigmaXJet

SigmaXJet Active Member

Jane McManus of ESPNNY:

"The Jets do not have to suspend B. Edwards for the Miami game. Team has discretion under substance abuse policy, first offense is a fine."

10. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

Date 10/1/2003
    Name John Abraham
    Team N.Y. Jets
    Position DE
    Incident Abraham was arrested and charged with driving while intoxicated after his Hummer was involved in a crash in Baldwin, N.Y.
    Resolution Pleaded guilty to driving while impaired, $330 fine, lost license for three months

http://www.nfl.com/players/johnabraham/gamelogs?id=ABR073003&season=2003

He sat the game after the incident.. then played 2 games, then was out for 5. Can somebody explain 2003 to me, because I forgot what happened then..

11. namath4ever

namath4ever Member

How else do you punish this behavior? How about holding him accountable by not letting him play? A fine certainly wont do anything.

12. nyjcanada

nyjcanada Active Member

And passes in the flats to LT

13. ........

........ Trolls

There's no way they can possibly suspend him this week. If it's a one game suspension, do it when we play the Bills, whose pass D is the strength of their team. If it's a two game they're after, suspend him for Weeks 9 and 10.

14. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

He is right though. Why punish someone like Sanchez by taking away his target for the stupidity caused by Edwards?

Braylon will learn the hard way as he is a FA to be and will make less money with such question marks. If not that, then fine him for the bad publicity. I think that is what McKenzie got when he got a DUI With the Giants.

15. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

A third possibility is to say that they are conducting an investigation, and will react after that is completed. They then complete it next Monday, and suspend him for the Buffalo game (or even after the game when Holmes is back).

I must admit that I am a bit torn about this. The reality nowadays is that off-field behavior does matter, and driving drunk is a big deal, despite some of the throwaway comments by people in this thread. Having said that, I doubt that too many people here would think that if they got arrested they should automatically be suspended from their job.

I think we can all agree that this is monumentally stupid on his part - why these guys don't hire drivers is beyond me.

16. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

Let's suspend him during the bye week.

17. jetsclaps

jetsclaps Well-Known Member

I'm roughly speaking, okay maybe 7 beers? The fact I'm trying to get across is it's not like he was overly drunk. He didn't hurt anyone and the Jets need him. Was what he did stupid? Of course, but lets not ruin our season because of it.

18. jets_fan_in_fishtown

jets_fan_in_fishtown Active Member

say we're gathering all the facts before we make our decision on punishment. Will give them 5 days to buy time and then suspend him on Monday for the buffalo game. Jets have their #1 receiver and still save face/ cost him money for his mistake

19. namath4ever

namath4ever Member

He wont learn that way because someone WILL pay him. And a fine is like a drop in the bucket for these guys.

Guess I'm just frustrated by these prima donas who think they can do whatever they want without punishment, or a small one.

20. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Why are you so sure that a fine would be less effective than benching him? A fine hurts him and only him, benching hurts the team.