Rex Not Happy With Braylon's Taunting

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by WhiteShoeWillis, Sep 20, 2010.

1. vinsjets

vinsjets Active Member

Don't like celebrations? Don't let him score.

2. steves850

steves850 Active Member

Agreed. But I don't want to see it cost the team either. Keep it balance. Although I enjoyed the dance that shit had me laughing my ass off. The second one was nothing.

3. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

If it wasn't for Edwards, Butler would never know how to do the Dougie.

4. steves850

steves850 Active Member

And this is what is being lost on people, I blame the media.

5. vinsjets

vinsjets Active Member

That's what I'm saying. He was just helping the dude out.

6. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

BTW I think the taunting penalty is total BS. its an example of what is wrong w/the NFL. The notion that referees are deciding what a "taunt" is or isn't is pretty dumb to begin with. One could easily argue that the lambeau leap is just another form of taunting. its all a question of degree and perspective. I think its a bad rule.

But I also think treating QBs like they are essentially untouchable is a bad rule. I mean why not just call it flag football if you are going to basically penalize a defensive player for hitting the qb in the chest.

They are slowly ruining the NFL by making it all about penalties and giving the refs such a huge role in the outcomes of games. everytime you turn around, there is a flag being thrown.

7. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Yeah, a moron could argue it.

A smart person would not make that argument.

Some of you need to grab a dictionary and look up the word taunt.

8. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

I think the taunting thing is a bit ridiculous - I can understand them not allowing players to incite the crowd as it makes the security team's job that much harder and could lead to real trouble, but to do it to the other side seems fair game

The only justification i can see is that they dont want younger kids playing the game to do it emulating the NFL stars as its "not sporting" and could lead to fights etc in an environment not suited to contain them.

9. jcluttrell

jcluttrell New Member

I've got something for your vagina...

[​IMG]

10. BookEndTackles 72&79

Celebrate all you want just get out of the guys face when you do it. See LT for the proper way to generate a spark without hurting your team. It's the dumbest you can get and by far the easily the most avoidable. No reason at all to EVER get one. I'm all for emotion.....and to express it since this is an emotional game. Look to LT for your example on how to celebrate.

11. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I agree. There is something of an analogy in Nascar. When Dale Earnhardt died in what was I thought a freakish accident, Nascar decided they had to do something. They lost their icon, and it cost them money. Not that they didn't care he died, but they felt they had to do something. So they developed a new type of racecar that was safer. They put crash barriers at the tracks. They penalized rough driving. They even penalized drivers who said mean things off the track about other drivers.

And then a funny thing happened. They took the fun out of it. Their viewership declined. People complained about uneven enforcement of vague rules. The environment encouraged drivers to be plain vanilla in their behavior both on and off the track. The irony is they created an environment that Dale Earnhardt would have hated.

More recently they have had to back off, and have literally encouraged more confrontations on the track. They still have problems with the sport, and the public is still turning away from them.

The larger message I suppose is that the road to hell is paved with good intentions, and be careful that in trying to sand paper the rough edges of the sport that you do not sand away its essence.

Auto racing is inherently dangerous. Danger can be minimized by various measures, but what then is left? Football is also inherently violent, and dangerous. Those can be minimized, too, but at what cost? There's a balance in there somewhere. The question is how to strike it. I think they have gone too far in the No Fun League direction, imo.

12. DaftGreen

DaftGreen Member

I like to taunt the Pats, it's fun. I wish Rex taunted Bell-I-Chump by doing the "Dougie" himself.

13. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Some of you guys are acting way to serious towards this issue. It is fun, it is entertaining, and it showed life out of the offense. I personally don't care about a 15 yarder AFTER a TD, especially when the offense looked so pathetic last week, then they dominate against the Pats this week. Let them taunt a little. Get in the other teams head. It's not like it continued, but it sure seemed to be effective.

What is the difference between what Rex encourages Bart Scott to do on the defense, and the little taunt that happened out of Edwards? I just look at it as a neccessary evil.

14. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

This is 100% correct. You can go crazy and celebrate without showing up the other team. That was classless. Just don't show up the other team.

15. GoPats

GoPats Well-Known Member

Legit question for those who think it was OK...

Would you be saying the same thing if Moss had done a little dance in Revis' face after his one-hander?

Be honest. 'Cause you all know, your tune would change in a second. :)

16. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

I disagree with the taunting call so no.

17. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

Bullshit! There'd be a 15 page thread on it.

18. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

I don't care about taunting either way, I was already pissed that we gave up 7 points and were now down in the game

19. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

?????????????????????????????????

20. ........

........ Trolls

NASCAR sucks.