17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. no psls

no psls Banned

They have a lot of work to do with this poor excuse for a stadium. There was a bottle neck at the top of the escalator right by the Verizon TV screens. There was a large crowd at the top of the escalator and the people coming of the escalator were banging into the crowd. Luckily , no one got hurt. The security people did not have a clue. This place was poorly planned . 1.6 Billion for garbage !!!!!

2. rudd28

rudd28 New Member

I hate to be a downer, but I agree. I'm in Section 247A now (corner end zone), and it was a pain in the ass arriving and leaving. I would feel bad for anyone with a handicap, or a heart condition. The fact that there are only 2 rows of escalators when you walk in the main gate, and you either wait in line for two escalators carrying thousands, or walk up 6 flights of stairs is unfathomable. I also got in early and walked to the last row of the upper deck. The only difficult part is that we had to walk from the End Zone Upper Deck, all the way to the 30yd line ramp to get back down to the Mezzanine. Whoever designed this thing is a moron. I did get a glimpse of the NYC Skyline from the upper deck, you care barely see it in the distance.

3. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Just adding I arrived at 12:30 , almost 4 hours before kickoff and these clowns in the lot did'nt have a clue,,,I can only imagine how bad if you arrive any later THAN 4 HOURS BEFORE GAMETIME!

4. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

I do not have a PSL.

I park in an orange lot.

I sit in the upper deck.

I have ZERO issues parking, ZERO issues getting to my seats and ZERO issues running down the stairs to get back to my truck.

I leave the lot and am on the TP heading North in minutes.

Not sure why some of you in the PSL parking/seating are having such a hard time?

5. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I sit in the upper deck

I park in a yellow lot

I take the stairs down as the escaltors blow

I have issues parking every week

one and done as in ONE YEAR IN THE NEW STADIUM AND DONE!!!

6. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

One and Done, I highly doubt it. When you don't pay for next year they will move you to a better spot in UD and give you Yellow parking with out a PSL and you will stay. Once they sell all PSLs, or give up on selling PSLs they won't give a crap about giving trapped PSL holders good parking while the Upper Deck loses paying customers.

Plus once they allow people to transfer seats there will be an over abundance of Yellow Parking. I have no clue how Jets will resolve this. For instance someone with five seats and three kids can do three seats in three kids names and one seat in his wifes name and have five parking passes. Right now Yellow sell for double their cost, but trouble is once everyone starts this and people start doing favorites for friends in UD the whole yellow thing is kaput, yellow will be just as good as orange.

Jets are extremely smart in marketing by naming the worst and horrible parking orange. Since nothing rhymes with orange smart asses like me can't make up any good shit.

7. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

Keep talking about the Orange lots. I have never made it to the TP faster than I am now from my orange lot.

Please keep parking as close to the stadium as possible so that you have that much more traffic to go through.

I don't even have to hit the brakes once when I leave, no traffic.

8. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

ROJF-------------read my lips ONE AND DONE! Marketing Smarketing
    I will enjoy the games at home and with the ca$h I save I will redo my bathroom------it's a no brainer the parking situation / chaos made an easy decision much easier----I will enjoy this season but then---> "it's over Johnny"

9. CT. Jets Fan

CT. Jets Fan New Member

Yes..I'm sure that was their thinking.

Multiple meetings and conference calls on this one issue..no doubt.

10. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

"Green" Parking costs the most, think that is a concidence too? Costs lots of "Green" to park their, plus green is color of Jets so best fans with most money park in "green"

Yellow parking is "Mellow" get to park pretty close and kinda short work to stadium.

Orange Parking is parking that gets you in an orange hot color of sun rage and your blood boils from parking over their.

NMS "New Millionaires Stadium" is also appropriately named.

In fact the orginal name of Commissioners Club was Der Kommissar Club until Allianz (Dresdner Bank) was dropped as the name of the stadium. Allianz also requested that training camp be renamed concentration camp.

11. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

1) Most of my issues are because I live to the South. It may be just me, but getting to the Orange area FROM THE SOUTH and leaving from the Orange TO GO SOUTH is a huge PITA. Nothing but turns that make me go NORTH oin order to go SOUTH. You are from the north, so I think this is not an issue for you.

2) I HATE the tunnel with a passion. I was 1/4 mile from Gate C before, on the west side of 120, and could walk to my car, start it, and be on the highway heading SOUTH in literally 5-7 minutes. Having to park in Oshkosh on the east side of 120 is both time-consuming and laborious. At these ticket prices (for worse seats), I need this like a hole in the head.

3) I don't know where your seats are, but maybe you are closer to the tunnel than I am. Pepsi Corner is the pits for access to the Tunnel. I actually had to buy an extra set of tix to get myself closer to the Tunnel (335).

4) I don't know the situation with the escalators where you are, but for Monday night they had our escalator passageway roped off (the turnaround area next to the escalator). They instead made you go around the concessions. People bumping into one another going in opposite directions... ridiculous. Hey, you expect some of that, but in a brand new facility you'd think somebody could design this shit for easier crowd convenience.

5) Don't know what the men's room setup is in your area, but ours is a disaster. I am talking about the men's room access (entry and exit) from the men's room at around Section 339. Absolutely RIDICULOUS! No "in" and "out!" Believe it? Instead, you had guys wlking into one another getting in and walking into one another getting out. This is going to be the scene of some horrific shoving matches and fistfights, IMO. Just what you need when you bring your kids to a game. The design is absurd. Even the "old" stadium was designed with an "in" and out." This one is not. What a fucking disaster.

12. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

I also used to park right near Gate C and it was nice but again I was in traffic when I left, now I am not.

I'm in Pepsi, it is a hike but I need the exercise.

The tunnel is long but it's somewhat humorous.

The escalators have been fine for me so far...

The bathrooms are lame, too many sinks, not enough urinals. I haven't been drinking much in the games so I have only used the bathroom once each game.

To each his own I guess.

13. Section 227. Row 5

I have to admit, CBG... it was nice as hell watching the game on my 50" Samsung yesterday from my couch. I got back from Rolling Thunder at 3:45... took a shower and was in front of my TV eating snacks by 4:05. I had even DVR'ed the game just in case, but didn't need it. I watched it live and had no parking/traffic hassles. What a game!

Fuck Woody Johnson

14. Section 227. Row 5

Okay, I totally think it's a north-south thing. Gate C was good if you were going south. Honestly, I was on the NJTP South from my seat in less than 10 minutes.

I think the Jets are going to have to make some changes. When the PSLs are all done and the money is in the house, they will pretend to give two shits about "customer satisfaction" at that point (and not before).

All of a sudden, after the PSLs are all gone, an announcement will be made that "It has recently come to our attention that many Upper Deck people are displeased. We were not aware of this, but we want to make your Game-Day experience as pleasurable as possible, so we are expanding our Orange Parking areas to make it more convenient for our loyal Upper Deck fans." Bullshit. They know how pissed people are right now but will do nothing about it until they can fuck the PSLers real good once their money is in the house.

15. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

227 I hear you----I hope you enjoyed your weekend--------that said the game was great---and I watched it again last nite in the wee hours and it was still great!!! It's all been talked about--and discussed------could I stay next year? yeah never say never but it is honestly around 80/ 20 that I am a goner--no second thoughts!

ps The bathrooms are STILL a nitemare------------new stadium---same problems---possibly worse problems!

16. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

I was talking to Jetsbabe yesterday and she was saying how the PSL lots are so lame and empty. No real tailgating going on and nobody throwing footballs around.

I remember this guy last year had a flat and actually had the tow truck come into the lot and fix his tire for him.

Guy was there with his wife and looked pathetic. In his mid 40s and unable to change a flat? I think he is in the PSL lot now. Pussy.

17. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

I'm either in PSL lot or Club lot, yesterday was PSL. While our crew by far had the best tailgate going their were some others. But still way too many open spaces. Even as we walked in there were a ton open. They need to reorganize this for the UD.

If anything get rid of this whole caste system in general. If people want to pay a premium for closer park give them a chance, if they don't pay just have it like they used to.

18. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

No real tailgating going on and nobody throwing footballs around

The throwing footballs around thing is a reason to park in a yellow lot. Hot BBQs everywhere cars being driven around with people looking for spots and not paying attention to where they are going and people throwing footballs, most likely same people on a 90 degree days throwing footballs at Jones beach and hitting people.

Funny last week I talked to a guy I know who is like 70 and long time ticket holder. He was saying he is so happy he and his wife are in the $195 mezz club seats. Originally he bought LL EZ Corner for 5k under cover, wanted the Clubs and even toured clubs but could not justify $400, well rep called him immediately day before price reduction and he got one of best $195 seats. He said it is great, not getting to game two or three hours early cause tailgaters have taken up all spots. He can pull up to green lot almost at kick off. After game he and his wife have a nice dinner or snack in the club then walk downstairs to his car right by stadium and leaves with no traffic, no more walking miles to car, then fighting traffic or sitting in lot for an hour till traffic clears out.

30 years ago this guy was a tailgator. Green parking is mellow as he is the core demographic. Now at 70 with this set up he can enjoy the jets for another ten to 20 years all for an extra $75 bucks a ticket from his old seats. Yellow and Orange should not be invading green parking ever. They paid more and lots of older, richer, family and corporate types are there who for what ever reason just want to use the parking lot for parking, no cooking, drinking or throwing a ball. Plus he has no steps into stadium and his own entrance. Another important element for kids and old people. To each his own. However, it is a shame that "premiumn" seats are preminumn cause you get a parking spot, easy access to seats without multiple steps and escalators.

19. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

Isn't that how it works now? anyone in UD can go on ticket exchange or stubhub and spend $40-$50 bucks for a yellow pass instead of $25 for an orange.

20. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

I mean direct from the Jets.

To me the fair thing would be to offer premium seating to any PSL's costing $15,000 grand over and the rest just be like it was.

SO just leave maybe C,F,G and make the rest general for all.

I don't know though, I can't complain myself but I do think it's ridiculous walking into a game with a ton of open spots in PSl and Club lots.