To all Dolphin fans

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Vorrecht, Sep 19, 2010.

1. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Pretty weird that you have Henning and Nolan as your coordinators, who were both with the NYJ in 2000 with the same job titles. All you're missing is Al Groh HA!

2. MARSHALL~LAW

MARSHALL~LAW New Member

HAAAAAA, dude dont say that name too loud........ we might go out and sign him........ I definately do not see Henning here next year.

3. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

If we didn't get 14 penalties last week, we would have beaten Baltimore. The Ravens got beat by the team that the Patriots blew out last week. Who beat the Pats today? We did.

4. MARSHALL~LAW

MARSHALL~LAW New Member

Bro, I would not call 11 points a blowout. But yes you guys beat NE today...... which it pains me to say, but I'm glad you did. Puts us in sole possession of the AFCE. I know it it means nothing right now, but it definately doesnt hurt. We play you guys next week, and the Pats the following week. If Miami wins the next 2 games......... It's going to be hard for anyone but Miami to take this division.

5. MARSHALL~LAW

MARSHALL~LAW New Member

also...... if we didnt have 2 sure pick sixs dropped last week, we would have blown out Buffalo.

6. Tyche

Tyche New Member

If we didn't cough up the ball twice today after a turnover, we would have blown out Minnesota on the road. Ifs, and, and buts mean nothing.

7. 624

624 Banned

14 points, not 11. I wouldn't call it a blowout either but it also wasn't very close.

21 unanswered is a huge message.

...and even if Miami wins the next 2 weeks they will be in a great position but still, it'll be Week 5. Plenty of football is left, so I wouldn't crown them AFC East Champions after 4 games. If the Jets are 1st after 4 I wouldn't do it either, this is a long season.

8. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Seasons much longer than 4 games my friend. You guys win the next 2 games and go 4-0.. Lose the next 12? It'll be pretty easy for someone else to take the division when you're 4-12:finssuck::finssuck:

9. MARSHALL~LAW

MARSHALL~LAW New Member

Agreed. momentum is a bitch though.

10. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

Tell the 5-0 giants from last year that.

11. MARSHALL~LAW

MARSHALL~LAW New Member

wishful thinking, by a homer jets fan

12. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

To stop all the nonsense as a biased opinion on the matter...

I have seen both Dolphin games. So very briefly here:

Their defense is for real. It will be a very good defense this year. Their front 7, isn't the Ravens and their back 7, isn't the Jets. ( I know there isn't 14 players, I hope you can see what I did here) However, I think they have a good mix and should easily be a top 10 unit, with an outside shot in top 7.

Their best players imo so far have been Vontae Davis, Dansby and Wake. Davis has been great in coverage and tackling well. Dansby has been everything in the middle that Crowder isn't. Wake on the other hand, is giving them a pass rush so they don't have to blitz like crazy.

I still think there are some soft spots on their D but with those 3 guys playings so well, I think they have been able to mask it.

Their O has been pretty awful. I don't know if that is the OC or Henne or both. It doesn't look to me that the OC has done a very good job of calling a game. I am going to reserve judgement here.

Certainly, Henne hasn't looked good, nor has the Ricky and Ronnie rotation looked like they did last year, prior to Brown's injury. Also, I think the Oline can be had. Remember, the Oline is the sum of its parts. As good as Long has been, some other the others have been meh.

Again, I don't know if this a season long thing or they just have been out of synch trying to mix in Marshall, Hartline, Best and the others...

Actually, the 2 teams mirror one another. It should be a close game. I think, had Miami played the Jets first 2 opponents, they would most likely be 1-1. They didn't and are 2-0 bravo..........

#72 Miamipuck, Sep 19, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2010
  13. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

I remember last year these dolphins talking up their team after their AWESOME wins over division teams ....and then they fell apart like a deck of cards in the last 3 weeks

14. 624

624 Banned

It's going to be tough playing 11 v 14, but I think we can do it.

15. MARSHALL~LAW

MARSHALL~LAW New Member

You forgot to add that Miami leads the league in INTs, with Jason Allen Being the overall leader:)

16. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

I believe the Giants lead the nfl in defense last year when they went 5-0

17. asdf13

asdf13 New Member

Didn't the arena team beat you guys last year after Sanchez threw 5 picks? Didn't you beat them once by 6?

Oh, now you could beat Minnesota on the road too? That's hilarious considering most people on the board were ready to hang themselves after the ravens beat you. Sanchez has a good game against a bad defense and you're back to being world beaters again.

18. 624

624 Banned

Jason Allen is tied for 1st, along with Antonio Cromartie and a few others.

19. bucknasty

bucknasty Member

if my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle

20. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Yeah Burt inflated those numbers, he was brutal. If you want to think Allen is better than Davis have fun.