How did Slauson play vs the Ravens?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Mambo9, Sep 15, 2010.

1. JCotchrocket

JCotchrocket Active Member

He'll never have a tougher opponent the entire season than Haloti Ngata, so if the reviews are middling to favorable, Slauson's gonna be alright.

2. Big Papi

Big Papi New Member

He played Like a 2nd yr player, Solid with 1 mistake.

3. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

No. He played better than Faneca. He played better than a 6th round draft pick second year player. MUCH better. Solid? Hell no. He played good, borderline very good. He stayed with his blocks. He had a couple of pancakes. He actually had a better game than Brick did, not to mention Woody. I saw him take out both Lewis and Suggs on inside blitzes.

Callahan knew what he was getting... he coached Slauson at Nebraska.

One bad play, and that is all anyone wants to remember. Typical.

4. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

FYP...I saw your thread about when you called in. I wanna say I'm surprised Kay or whoever was hosting hung up on u but I'm really not...their retort that "one play could end your QB's season" was weak as shit.

5. HighFlyingJets

Slauson played well, but on the sack he allowed, he got dominated by Ngata, and that one play alone just goes to show how much Slauson must improve in this league. Ngata is Ngata, and he's one of the strongest around, but it's never good when a player gets dominated like that. With all that said, Slauson is only a rookie and went up against one of the best 3-4 DE/NT's in the league.

6. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

Much appreciation to uncle fester :)

7. IATA

IATA Trolls

He's not a rookie.

8. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

I think Slauson took a step back tonight... in the run game he was ok but boy did he feel the pressure from the Pats front guys!

At this point I'm starting to think Turner might be a better fit at LG... Dolphins are so-so in bringing pressure but after that the Williams wall is coming and I don't feel that confident. Hope he steps his game up!