Brainlessly bash former Jet employee, Brian Schottenheimer

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by ThunderbirdJet, Sep 14, 2010.

1. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

Too late to get rid of Schotty right now. You don't cut an offensive coordinator after week 1. Especially if the team is good.

getting rid of Schotty will be discussed during the offseason (unless he works some shit out)

2. Benny Bing

Benny Bing New Member

Can you please explain why it is too late? That is the point I do not understand.

I feel that Callahan should be plenty familiar with the playbook, as well as Sanchez. They don't have to throw out the playbook, just the guy calling the plays.

3. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

I would be fine with a change. It might be time, and we have Callahan. I'm didn't start this thread to vindicate Schottenhiemer. He carries much of the blame. Point is, it isn't all on him. It starts with the HC, it always does, it always will. Scotty should be in Ryan's ear about being more agressive, more balanced. Rex should be on his ass about all the stupid motion nonsense. Do any of those things ever happen? We don't know. Since we don't know...

4. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Right now this team is only as good as their offense lets them be. I advocated cutting Schotty loose when Mangini went and I have kept a critical eye on what he does since he started coaching for the Jets.

I'm not sure that I want to see him fired this season, but if he is going to be fired this season, it's better sooner than later.

5. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

??????????? Schotty just needs to get more aggressive, and not bitch Sanchez. You can also blame Rex Ryan for making Schotty tone Sanchez down.

Schotty might be fucking up the development of Sanchez, but firing your O Coordinator after week 1 will really fuck the kid up.

Schotty needs to get a little more aggressive, and stop all the bullshit at the Line of Scrimmage, and Sanchez needs to get blood flow to his prick.

6. Benny Bing

Benny Bing New Member

Yes, I agree that this thread has been helpful in clarifying that we all agree that it isn't all on him, but he does carry a lot of the blame. I also thought the thread from 2008 that someone dug up a couple days ago just showed that nothing has changed, even with a different head coach in charge of Schottenheimer.

I really don't know why or how they could not have realized this before, but from watching Hard Knocks I can tell that Rex has kind of a bromance with Brian, because they both have famous coach fathers.

It's gonna be up to Tannenbaum and Woody to insist on a change.

7. Kentucky Jet

Kentucky Jet Active Member

You are absolutely correct! the responsibility lies with him. If he wants to play GROUND & POUND, how can an OC play something different? He can't and still have a job!

8. Benny Bing

Benny Bing New Member

Yeah, from watching Hard Knocks it just seemed like Brian and Mark had zero chemistry on a personal level. Sanchez seems like a good kid who needs to grow up (and needs a coach older than him, maybe a father figure type), and Schottenheimer just seems like a douche who has a famous father, in my opinion.

I think Sanchez would welcome Schottenheimer getting replaced. As he said, "you suck, Schotty."

9. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

I dunno man. I seen them be cool together, and basically Sanchez look like a little bitch.

They should get some motivational speaker or some shit to smack Sanchez across the face.

Sanchez didn't even play that bad.. I think we had 4-5 dropped balls, and he had his 40 yard strike to Dustin Keller recalled. That fucked his entire rhythm.

10. Benny Bing

Benny Bing New Member

There were a lot of times Sanchez seemed really childish, almost like a retarded 6 year old. And he played like a pussy on Monday, but I think they told him to do that. After the game he lamented that he didn't check down one last time to LT at the end of the game, as if it would have helped.

I just think our passing offense could be so much better on every play, and that Schottenheimer calls a lot of really obvious and cutesy plays on a very consistent basis.

11. al_toon_88

al_toon_88 Well-Known Member

Fire Schotty, promote Callahan to Offensive Coordinator. He held the same position on the Raider team that made it to the Super Bowl.

12. steves850

steves850 Active Member

I agree I don't understand how it hasn't been done yet??

13. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

It's like the Emperor's new clothes and we're all out of little girls to pipe up about it.

14. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

After one game I think the CS needs a major shakeup.

Promote Callahan to HC- he went to the SB with Raiders

Ryan to DC- He won a SB with Ravens

Pettine to LB coach - Fire Sutton immediately

Callahan to OC- He is that good, you know he went to a SB with Raiders

Schitty to ball boy- let him get cutesy with the balls.

Losing one game in this league is unacceptable, people need to be held accountable. Westhoff gets one more chance cause how can you not love Westhoff, one more penalty on STs though and we will have to send him and his cane packing.

15. skipper

skipper Member

Callahan to HC or OC? You have him listed twice at two different positions.

I wouldn't mind him to OC. I'm really, really tired of Shotty's incompetence.

16. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

Let me introduce you to a friend of ours... his name is Sarcasm. :wink:

17. Benny Bing

Benny Bing New Member

Yes, yes. You are being sarcastic. Now who's being brainless?

The point is this - it's not because of this 1 game. It's because of Schottenheimer's performance over many years, and we don't want to see another season go to waste on his putrid playcalling. And going by his performance since he has been here, there is absolutely no reason for you to defend him so vehemently, beyond blind homerism.

The next thing you will say is, but but but! The Jets were tops in the league in rushing! Yes, but that is not thanks to Schottenheimer, that is in spite of him. The Jets only started really running well last year when Rex took more control and started demanding a consistent running game. I believe that, left to his own devices, every game called by Schot would be nearly as bad as the last game, as I have seen that type of game called by him on many occasions.

He's not very good. We can do better. Give Callahan a chance to call the offensive gameplan. I don't see why that suggestion is something to get so upset about.

#217 Benny Bing, Sep 18, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2010
  18. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

I wish I was capable of convincing myself that everything could be fixed by firing one coach. The part of the offense that is lacking is all Schotty's fault but the great part of the offense is great in spite of him. Who is the one being blinded here?

19. Benny Bing

Benny Bing New Member

The part of the offense that works is the part that Callahan is running - the run game. It is easy for you to oversimplify this argument, but just watch the Jets pass playcalls for the last 4 years, and tell me if you are not disgusted?

Also, the firing of one coach (Mangini) and the hiring of another (Rex) certainly seemed to make the defense better, did it not?

20. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

So the offensive line coach gets all the credit for the run game. Guess we need to fire Cavenaugh too, right?

Since I have been part of this board we have had so many scapegoats it's amazing First it was Herm and the 2004 team winning in spite of him. gee that one sounds familiar.

Next up it was Chad Pennington. If only we had a QB with a live arm we would be all set.

Mangini was definitely the problem he had no personality and sucked all the life out of the team. get rid of him and everything will be ok.

Favre is such a POS with his arm injury and being to selfish to take himself out when he was too hurt to play. Get rid of him and everything will be ok.

Now we have moved onto Schotty. I wonder how well that will work out for us?