Anyone Else Tired of Joe Namath??

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by 17a_tailgater, Sep 4, 2010.

1. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Actually it's not factually accurate b/c in the official records Brady was 1-0 as the starter in 2008 and Cassell 10-5.

Brady is 5-1 as a starter against Pitt but they would have been guaranteed a loss w/ him:rolleyes:

They lost to Indy by 3 w/ Cassell bu they had no shot w/ Brady:rolleyes:

SD crushed them so at worst they would have lost that game and the first Miami game and been 14-2.

We are 2-6 at NE against Brady(and 1-7 at home) but we would have beaten them w/ Brady.

It's mind boggling how little credit you give the best QB of this generation.

2. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

I don't care who started the first game, Brady was done before Halftime. They won that game with Cassel playing the majority of the game. So, without Brady Cassel led them to 11 wins.

Pittsburgh was the Super Bowl winner that year. I tend to give them a little more credit.

Indy beat Brady 4 out of the last 5 times they've played him. Why wouldn't I think they would win.

We beat them in NE in 2006 and nearly beat them with a horrible 4-12 team in 2007 in NE, what makes you think we wouldn't have done so w/ Brady at QB in 2008 when our team was on a roll?

I give Peyton Manning plenty of credit.

3. nyjunc

Who cares if Pitt won the SB that year? They may not have if Brady was healthy, they probably wouldn't have. NE dominated Pitt in the 00s including a thrashing the year before against a Pitt playoff team.

They scored 15 pts against Indy in '08, in the 4 of 5 losses(3 of 4 prior to '08) Brady led NE to an average of 27 PPG, it's safe to say they would have scored more tha 15 points and most likely would have won.

They have completely dominated us w/ Brady at QB, we didn't almost beat them in '07. We were closer than most teams(after taking a 38-14 thrashing week 1) but we were never winning that game.

You give Manning way too much credit and Brady not nearly enough.

4. Murrell2878

The Steelers scored 33 points and had a dominating defense. I’m not guaranteeing victory but it’s not like Brady would have been the complete difference as you are trying to make him out to be.

Brady and the Pats averaged 27 PPG and still lost 4 out of the last 5. That should tell you something about the likelihood that the Colts would have won.

We did almost beat them in NE in 2007. I’m not saying we should have beat them in 2007, but we had played them tough there two straight times heading into 2008 and I don’t doubt we definitely could have won there in 2008 even with Brady at the helm.

5. nyjunc

Cassell was also threw for 169 yds on 39 pass attempts w/ no TDs, 2 INTs and a fumble lost, I'll go out on a limb and say Brady would have done a better job.

The Colts scored 18 pts that game and won by 3, Brady would have been more than enough to make the difference in that game.

We didn't almost beat them, that game was never in doubt. We didn't get hammered but the game was never in doubt.

It's amazing the lack of respect you have for someone as great as Brady, I guess he needs to throw the game losing INT in a SB for you to recognize how great he is.

6. Murrell2878

Sure, but he didn't miss a 27 yd FG or fumble the kickoff that set up a Pitt TD.

You don't think the Colts would have scored more if they needed to? That's the jist of your argument as to why Brady only put up 14 in SB XLII

We played them tough with a Triple-A team.

It's amazing how you tell every one else to "dig deeper" but don't in regards to Manning. Wayne slipped on that play AND Porter made a great play on the ball. Not everything is black and white.

7. nyjunc

Sure if the flow of the game was different Manning could have led the Colts to more points but I'm pretty confident Brady would have led NE to more. Remember, that O was maybe the best in history the year before and that was w/ the WRs in their 1st year there.

That's 100% BS, Wayne didn't slip. The DB made a great play based on Manning's tendencies. It was a bad decision by Peyton that cost his team any chance to win that game. The excuses never end for Peyton Manning.

8. Murrell2878

Wayne didn't slip?!!? Please tell me you're not serious...Watch the play again.

It wasn't a bad decision. Wayne slipped and Porter made a great play. But in your eyes, that stuff never happens and it's always Manning's fault. I got it :rolleyes: If Wayne doesn't slip, the very least that happens is Wayne breaks up the INT attempt. And at best makes the catch. But it's very unlikely the ball in picked off if Wayne doesn't slip coming out of his break.

9. nyjunc

This is beyond comedy how many excuses you make for Manning, it was a bad decision and bad throw that was read perfectly by the DB.

He had a slight slip that had no affect on the play and it happened after he realized the ball was about to be picked.

Click the link and watch it again:

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2010020700/2009/POST22/saints@colts#tab:watch

Name me the SB Brady blew in the final minutes by throwing an INT?

10. xmscott

xmscott Well-Known Member

11. Murrell2878

Slight slip? He slipped coming out of his break and never was in position to make the catch because of it.

So everything is black and white with you then. Wayne slipped and Porter made a great play.

12. nyjunc

Wow! the ball was almost picked off by the time he had that very slight slip and it was in response to seeing the ball about to be picked. This was 100% on the overrated Manning, pretend Brady did it and tell what your opinion would be.

13. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

14. Murrell2878

What are you talking about? As Wayne is coming out of his break Manning is throwing the ball. Pause it when Manning is about to release the ball and tell me where is Wayne?

This was a timing pass. Manning is throwing the ball as Wayne is coming out the break. Wayne doesn't cut cleanly and slips and is not where Manning is expecting him to be because of it. Porter knowing the play; breaks on the pass. Had Wayne not slipped he would have at the very least caused the pass to be broken up instead of INT'd or would have caught it. Porter made a great play breaking on the ball but would not have picked it off if Wayne didn't slip. Seeing how you only view everything as Manning's fault will not see this. Again, pause the video as Manning is about to release the ball and you will see Wayne is already coming out of his break and slips.

15. nyjunc

The slip is as slight as can be, it's just another excuse. Let's move on, clearly we are watching two different vidoes. I wish we had one like this from Brady except he has never thrown a dagger INT like that in Jan/Feb.

You love Manning and hate Brady, I think Brady is the best and Manning not as good. Let's move on, there's not point in continuing this w/ these excuses.

16. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Now let's go get a goddam snack!

17. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

18. Sandman

Sandman Well-Known Member

19. nyjunc

20. GridIron

GridIron New Member

Anyone hear what hes been twittering about the Jets?? I heard about it on B & C and it's annoying to hear him badmouthing that the jets.. There's a clip of B & C talking about it here in case you didn't hear about it.. video.msg.com/Home/NY-Jets-WFAN-s-Boomer-and-Carton-on-MSG-9-15