Tom Brady wishes Patriots fans were more like Jets fans

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JETSJETSJETS17, Sep 15, 2010.

1. supersonic

supersonic Well-Known Member

Maybe Tom is not familiar with the Monday night miracle or the Heidi game?

2. kinghenry89

kinghenry89 New Member

Yup, Gillette Stadium's open ended side lets a ton of noise out. It really hurts their homefield advantage I think.

It's stunning to me that all teams don't design new stadiums with acoustics in mind--a loud home field is a huge advantage. Look at the Seattle team that went to the Super Bowl; their homefield advantage was a huge part of getting through the playoffs. Especially in football, crowd noise makes a tangible difference.

3. GoPats

GoPats Well-Known Member

I couldn't agree more. Especially where crowd noise plays such a huge part in the NFL. It was one of the most disappointing things for me about Gillette. Too wide open...

4. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

I think it's because of the new laws that require certain guidelines be met for Mezz and the Uppers.

Our new stadium the Mezz is practically where the old uppers are. In the lower level now when I look up they do seem far away and backed up.

At the Ravens game the place did not sound nearly as loud as I though it would, now I don't know yet if it was the stadium or the fans.

At least the wind issue if fixed.

5. GoPats

GoPats Well-Known Member

Something tells me you'll find out for sure on Sunday. :wink:

6. soccerjack

soccerjack New Member

Maybe the seats in the upper tiers are farther back from the field than the old Stadium
    Not as noisy?

7. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

You have a point but everyone is different.

There are the traffic beaters - Guys who always want to get home before anyone else.

There are family men whose wives bitch they are out too long for a footbal game. They leave given the opportunity to make it look like they care what she says even though the game was a blowout one way or another. If it's close, they stay and bear the grunt when they get home.

There are casual fans - No explanation needed.

There are fair weather fans - If they are uncomfortable, then they are out the door.

Me, I generally stay until the end. Especially if it's close. A blowout? Usually with a couple minutes left but by that time, everyone else is usually gone.

The later the game starts, the earlier people want to get out so they can get to to work the next day.

8. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Reminded me of this from the Onion:

Tom Brady: 'I'd Have Booed Us Too, But Patriots Fans Are Still Ungrateful Front-Running Shitheads'

[​IMG]

FOXBOROUGH, MA—Following a 33-14 drubbing at the hands of the Baltimore Ravens, Patriots quarterback Tom Brady admitted that his team deserved to be booed, but said that "to suffer jeers from shortsighted brainless front-runners like Patriots fans was both laughable and pathetic." "The Ravens outplayed us here today, but I'm sorry, fuck all of you," Brady said to the Patriots' fan base, noting that the concept of a true Patriots fan was "barely even existent." "There's no doubt we could have executed better, just like there's no doubt those 68,756 slavering fair-weather pieces of shit in the stands have less right than anyone else to point that out. And if they have a problem with that, they should feel absolutely free to go fuck themselves." Brady added that, next to Pats fans, the Boston fans cheering for the Celtics' gang of johnny-come-lately mercenaries were the saddest fucking thing he'd ever seen.

9. GridIron

GridIron New Member

I think that about sums it up..