17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

My buddy had the same report about leaving. Due to the location of the stadium relative to parking lots, the Pepsi gate receives a lot of fans. The design of the ramps etc took no consideration of this. I'd bet Met Life is a breeze. Are there even escalators at the Bud Light Corner?

I've contacted the editor of one of the local papers and they were VERY interested to hear about this ; ) I suggested sending reporters disguised as fans this Sunday to use the escalators at peak times to get upstairs. LOL

2. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

Why doesn't stadium have exits in all four corners? If we lose to Pats on Sunday the overcrowding problem will be resolved anyhow.

3. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

If New England wins it won't be a shocker, but even if the Jets start 0-2 they'll still end up 9-7 / 10-6 or better. It's a long season and the staff knows there's a problem with managing the offence that has to change

4. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

New York Jets Fans Get `Hot, Disgusting' Train Ride for Stadium Opening
    By Eben Novy-Williams - Sep 14, 2010 5:19 AM ET
    Andre Wilkerson has taken the train to every football game in the Meadowlands Sports Complex since New Jersey Transit opened a rail line there last year. It’s never been as overcrowded as it was last night for the New York Jets’ first game at their new stadium, he said.
    “I have never seen people not being able to get on trains,” Wilkerson, a 29-year-old Bronx resident who works as a food vendor at games, said as he waited on the platform at Secaucus Junction. “This is not what I expected.”
    As the Jets prepared to play their first regular-season National Football League game at the $1.6 billion stadium they share with the New York Giants, New Jersey Transit was trying to deliver about 12,200 passengers to the game -- almost twice what it expected -- as a thunderstorm hit the region.
    “That is a record for us at a football game,” New Jersey Transit spokeswoman Penny Bassett-Hackett said in a phone interview. “The storm that came through the area caused some delays.”
    Trains to the Meadowlands in East Rutherford, New Jersey, from the Frank R. Lautenberg Rail Station 2½ miles away in Secaucus began at 4 p.m. local time, about three hours before the scheduled kickoff. Fans in Jets jerseys drinking beer stood four or five deep at the platform waiting.
    It got even more crowded, and trains would come and go without picking up everyone waiting. The 6:01 p.m. train to the Meadowlands, for example, didn’t arrive in Secaucus until 6:07 p.m. and left about a quarter of those waiting on the platform.
    “I have been standing here for 20 minutes,” Joseph Villorno, 50, of Manhattan said. “I literally could not get on that last train.”
    ‘Hot, Disgusting, Crowded’
    Eli Shobin, a 22-year-old Manhattan resident, traveled to the game with his father and two friends.
    “It’s been very hot, disgusting, crowded and inconvenient,” Shobin said.
    At 6:32 p.m., NJ Transit ran an additional train from Secaucus, allowing everyone delayed on the platform access to a train. The service ran smoothly from then on. Tardy fans got lucky when the kickoff was delayed 25 minutes because of lightning.
    Jets supporters didn’t have it so smooth when they arrived at the stadium. The Ravens spoiled the opener by winning 10-9 in front of 78,127 people.
    The rail line cost $213 million and opened last year for the final season of Giants Stadium, which since has been torn down. Fans can park at Secaucus or transfer from trains that run through New Jersey and New York’s Penn Station. The round-trip fare from Secaucus to the Meadowlands is $4.50. The trip is $7.75 from Penn Station.
    The Trip Home
    Bassett-Hackett said New Jersey Transit adjusted for the trip home.
    “We know that if we carried 12,000 in, we can get 12,000 back,” Bassett-Hackett said. “We will fill all of our trains to capacity on the way back and make any adjustments that we need to make.”
    While trains left the Meadowlands about every ten minutes after the game, many of those waiting said that was too long a gap. Fans also complained about the layout of the station, a series of gates that funneled the crowd into an ever-narrowing line.
    Albert Lloyd, a 68-year-old retired bus driver from Brooklyn, waited in line for over 75 minutes before finally boarding a train to Secaucus.
    “I am disappointed with the entire process,” said Lloyd, who remembers taking public transportation to see the Jets play at the Polo Grounds. “You’d think that with all the money spent on this stadium, there would be a faster, more efficient way to get people home.”
    As the 6:59 train carrying Joe Kanter, 50, approached the Meadowlands, green fireworks erupted from the stadium and illuminated the gray northern New Jersey sky, signaling the start of the pregame festivities.
    “I could be out there instead of in here,” said Kanter as his three-hour journey from his home on Long Island drew to a close. “Dammit.”
    To contact the reporter on this story: Eben Novy-Williams in New York enovywilliam@bloomberg.net.

5. LogeSection2RowJ

Agree about the money grab, and I too noticed that section, although that section filled in later. That photo was probably taken in the first Q.

They were probably all finishing dinner in their club area behind the seats. Either than or stuck on a train...

6. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

SHit, I actually didn't have as much of a problem as you guys, just getting deviated in the opposite direction and making a glorified U-Turn...other than that.
    The ramps going down, fukin packed! It's only a matter of time til jerkoffs start acting dumb and throwing shit.

2 Pet peeves right now.
    1- Just because you bought a PSL, it doesn't giver you the right to scream obscenities and act like a complete asshole. I've seen this countless times already. Kids are sittng around us and the looks on their parents faces...
    Yeah, I know, It happens but when people are doing it after every play?
    I have a potty mouth but I almost NEVER curse in the stadium just because of the kids... at least I try not to.

2- I really believe the design is just a portion of the problem. The real problem is them NOT using all the exits and entrances and trying to force people to where THEY want them to go.
    THAT DOESN'T WORK. These IDIOTS in the Yellow jackets Have NO CLUE, and when you ask them...they say "I Don't Know, This is what they tell us"

WHO THE FUK IS "THEY"??
    "THEY" Should be fired! There are tons of entrances and exits but they block them and close them off and this creates total congestion.
    Absolutely incomprehensible!

7. 309'em

309'em Member

Another Pepsi corner victim...between the escalators and parking lot traffic was after 1:30AM before we got home...worse ever exit experience for me. The traffic "engineers" as usual made everything worse than it had to be. Was leaving lot 18, took almost an hour to get out even though I parked near the exit...if few are going south why not make an extra lane north duh...have to try the stairs next time, anything has to be better than the escalators. Just complete misery.

8. davecrazy

davecrazy Active Member

“I am disappointed with the entire process,” said Lloyd, who remembers taking public transportation to see the Jets play at the Polo Grounds.

What?

9. LogeSection2RowJ

They played there as the Titans. Remember the ugly throwbacks?

Close enough.

10. asbcheeks

asbcheeks Member

The Secaucus transfer blows, at the Giants game I got stuck on the platform watching a full train depart and had to wait another 10 minutes for the next one, decided after that I would never go that route again.

Another option for city residents, which is what I did on Monday: PATH train to Hoboken, NJT from there to Meadowlands. No transfer at Secaucus. Particularly useful if you live/work downtown or in BK because there's a WTC station in addition to the 33rd St line on PATH. Both of my trips were very smooth aside from the unavoidable cattle pen at the stadium going home.

I also took the stairs out, not by strategy, just because it was the nearest exit to my seats. From outside we definitely noticed the people still slowly streaming down the ramps and realized we were lucky.

Left my seat in UD the second Helen Keller strolled out of bounds and walked in the door in way uptown Manhattan just after midnight.

11. Digetydog

Digetydog Member

Funny eBay listing. The guy has a very high opinion of his seats.

"Some of the BEST SEATS listed on EBAY to DATE

!!! GREEN BAY PACKERS @ NEW YORK JETS !!!2 TICKETS ...
    SECTION 332 ROW 23 - Seats are UPPER LEVEL CORNER, TOGETHER, SIDE BY SIDE, WITH A GREAT VIEW!"

While I am sure it has a great view, I am pretty sure there will be better seats for sale on eBay.

12. CT. Jets Fan

CT. Jets Fan New Member

He forgot to finish his posting. :smile:

13. NewStadiumSec101

NewStadiumSec101 New Member

My buddy (a non-season tkt holder) called Jets front office the other day to investigate seats; they had a good chat but my buddy opted to NOT buy psl and/or tickets. Rep called him today and comp'd him 2 Coaches Club tickets plus Parking for Sunday Pats Game.

My experience on 350pm NJT train from Hoboken to NMS on Monday was fine until we stopped in Seac.. Tons of people with plenty of booze got on the train. Train was overcrowded but short trip. One girl cursing loudly and complaining of pending bladder issues the entire trip. Definitely glad i didn't have my kids with me on Train.

Fan experience was fine Monday night except for Ravens fans behind us causing a stir. Exiting Pepsi Corner was ok but I suspect we beat the masses out the door given 101 is so close.

14. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

15. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Wow, that's pretty cool. Do you know what he was offered? The posted the soldout sign on the website, except for the club seats. Was he looking to buy club seats?

16. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

sold out? Section 135 and 142 high rows is basically visitors sections and the four corner 5k sections are military seating.

Sold out means not selling them this year and praying for a SB so they can unload them before secondary market starts in spring 2011.

I am supposd to also believe that the 20K sections on visitors side is sold out even when they allowed everyone to in non-reduced sections to downgrade. Why wouldn't a large amount of them move across the aisle to save 10K? Jets are making it seem no one did.

17. MadBacker Prime

Believe it or not it's fans like you that sell their tickets to make a profit that produces these "visitor" sections.

That's why I asked him what his friend was offered. Please do not go on a 4 paragraph rant about total cost of ownership and what games you sold to break even on games you bought tix in other sections.

18. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

The Jets will still sell those this year if you buy the PSL. You just have to buy 7 games this year but next year you're up for the full 10 and every year thereafter

19. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

Rices Mom was was there with a massive crew in 135 in UNSOLD PSL seats. No one was selling them

20. MadBacker Prime

You do realize that away teams are given a certain allotment to use?