Brady is talking a little too much for me...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by TampaJet, Sep 16, 2010.

1. TampaJet

TampaJet Member

This guy has been taking shots at us all summer. He's an arrogant bitch. We need to shut him up hard. From radio shows to just now on the NFL Network. Put a bounty on him....

2. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Are you really complaining about someone on another team talking too much? The Jets invited those kinds of comments.

3. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

serious post or not? rex ryan wrote a book of shit talking 2009- Thursday September 16, 2010. (as a jet)

4. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

He's actually been talking alot since the 18-DOH! season. Ever since right before the Super Bowl when he made the "yeah ok" comment about Plax's (I think it was Plax) score prediction.

That said, pre-game shit talking really never irks me (except for Ray Lewis, but only because he is a murderer and cry baby bitch)

5. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

If I went 18-1 I would of gotten fined $500,000 for freaking out.

6. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

If you think Brady is talking too much, you should spend 20 minutes in my office with these scumbag pats fans.

7. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

I actually respect him for talking. You know Belly must be infuriated every time Brady says anything outside of Mangini speak ("it's a process . . .). I'm in favor of anything that gets Belly's blood pressure up.

8. ........

........ Trolls

We're easily the fan base least able to complain about another team's talk.

9. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

Rex Ryan???

10. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

This really grinds my gears too!!

I think I actually heard him mention the Super Bowl, can you believe that shit?!

[​IMG]

#10 MadBacker Prime, Sep 16, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2010
  11. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Ya know what really grinds my gears!?

:rofl:

12. GoPats

GoPats Well-Known Member

Wait... ferserious???

I'm almost literally drowning in the irony of this thread...

Patriots QB Tom Brady On Jets: 'We Just Go About Our Business A Different Way

1:10 PM CDT, September 15, 2010

The transcript provided by the Patriots of QB Tom Brady talking about the Jets today:

Q: Can you talk about that intensity and the rivalry this week with the New York Jets?

TB: They're a great rival for us. [When] we play them, it seems every game comes down to the end. Over the years, there's been a lot of transition with players and coaches and so forth. They've got a good team. They've got a very good defense. Last year we didn't do so well down there, so we've got to go down and try to score more than nine points. That's what we're thinking about offensively.

Q: This Randy Moss- Darrelle Revis battle, do you get into that? Would you help Moss out a little bit and see if he can win that battle?

TB: Randy's a big part of our game plan. He is every week. I know they feel very good about Revis. I know it's pretty entertaining for the fans. Ultimately, what it comes down to is our offense against their defense. It's never one guy against one guy. It's about can we get the ball in the end zone. Obviously, when a lot of attention goes to Randy or Wes, we've got to go to other guys, and those guys have to be able to make those plays. It's a team game. That's what it comes down to. There's no one keeping score on these one-on-one battles. Really, what we're keeping score [with is] the scoreboard.

Q: Over the course of your career, I don't think I've ever heard you use the word hate, or not too often.

TB: I've said it a few times.

Q: But when you talk about the Jets you say 'hate.' Why such dislike for them?

TB: I will say I have respect for the Jets because I think they play extremely hard. And they are very well-coached. It's just the way the rivalry is. I don't think there're a lot of Boston people who like New York people. The Red Sox-Yankees rivalry goes back a long ways. Over the years, there have been very competitive football games played between the two of us. Really, we've got to go out there. Obviously we all talk, we all feel confident about what we're doing, but we've got to go out there and execute our plays and play well.

Q: When you get on the field, does that intensity get ratcheted up or how does it work when you play a team that's as big a rival as the Jets are?

TB: It gets ratcheted up. When you are out there playing against these guys, there's a certain level of intensity that these rivalries bring out. And it's not just another game for us. They're a division opponent. We know how hard it is playing a division opponent on the road. We've gotten off to a good start last week. Coach said we'll have to play a better game than we did last week and I agree with him.

Q: The Jets did a tremendous job of running their mouths throughout the offseason. Do you hear it? And what's your reaction to it?

TB: How can you not hear it? Of course we hear it. We just go about our business a different way, and a way that has worked for us. Every coach has their style. And we really take on the style of our head coach, who, as you guys know, doesn't say much. So we typically don't say much. And when we do, we get yelled at pretty good. That doesn't seem that's the program the Jets are on. That's the way it is.

Q: You said you got a better feel for the Jets this year than you did last year. Do you attack this defense on Sunday or do you stay back and let them dictate what you do?

TB: It's a chess match out there. There are times when you're aggressive, and there are times when they're aggressive. You're not aggressive on every play because you've got to take your shots when they're there. We're always expecting the line of scrimmage to go forward whether it's a run or a pass. Every play is ultimately designed to score a touchdown. When you hand off a running play, you're not expecting to go 70 yards, but you're expecting to gain yards. We've got to play well all around. As an offense, what we've shown in the last five games is we're a balanced team. We're going to run the ball, and we're going to throw it, and we're going to take advantage of both the opportunities. When they're playing run, we throw. When they're playing pass, we run it. That's the hardest way for a defense to play it.

Copyright © 2010, The Hartford Courant

13. jetzIII

jetzIII New Member

Who cares, when we start playing for real and stop talking like we haven't lost in a year, then talk shit. Tired of going to the bars and hearing JETS chants for a field go. Bunch of RE-RE's

14. Mehl-56

Mehl-56 Well-Known Member

Dude, get a grip... the Jets have been talking shit going on 2 years and you want to complain about someone talking shit about us? Really???

15. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

It's good Brady's talking. That means he's worried. Hes been quiet all the years the Pats were clearly the class of the division. Now he's getting on in years and the Pats aren't quite so good and the Jets are rising (in theory at least) and he's sudenly talking.

I hope he goes on The View and tells everybody how he really feels.

16. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

I do like him talking about his fans though....

LOL

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ishes-patriots-fans-were-more-like-jets-fans/

17. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

This
    /thread

18. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

The number one rule of being a loud mouth is that you need to expect that some of what you say will come back at you and you need to be willing to take it without being a bitch.

19. GoPats

GoPats Well-Known Member

20. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

I can't believe you think that Brady talks too much. You do follow the Jets, right. A bounty? Ignorant folks talk like that. Does the shoe fit?

Yep real nasty stuff.:smile:

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/2010/09/brady_i_dont_th_1.html

Q: But when you talk about the Jets you say ‘hate.’ Why such dislike for them?

Brady: I will say I have respect for the Jets because I think they play extremely hard. And they are very well-coached. It’s just the way the rivalry is. I don’t think there’re a lot of Boston people who like New York people. The Red Sox-Yankees rivalry goes back a long ways. Over the years, there’re have been very competitive football games played between the two of us. Really, we’ve got to go out there. Obviously we all talk, we all feel confident about what we’re doing, but we’ve got to go out there and execute our plays and play well.

Q: When you get on the field, does that intensity get ratcheted up or how does it work when you play a team that’s as big a rival as the Jets are?

Brady: It gets ratcheted up. When you are out there playing against these guys, there’s a certain level of intensity that these rivalries bring out. And it’s not just another game for us. They’re a division opponent. We know how hard it is playing a division opponent on the road. We’ve gotten off to a good start last week. Coach said we’ll have to play a better game than we did last week and I agree with him.