Kris jenkins tribute thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jet Blue, Sep 15, 2010.

1. Twombles

Twombles Active Member

What does any player do for us? He had a great season in 2008, some even considered him defensive player of the year. He was looking to top that in 2009 before his injury. He was a great team mate too. He had two very unfortunate injuries... what did you expect from him?

2. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

Jenks was in play for the DPOY prior to the back strain he suffered in 2008. He helped us immensely, he gave our defense its identity in 2008-9 and has been a team leader, for his entire stay here.

I really hope that Rex goes to him and says Jenks, I really wish you would try one more comeback to play, but if you decide its time to hang it up, we have no complaints, you were a great one man. If you decide to retire, I really want you on the coaching staff, as an assistant DL coach. You have so much you can offer to our young guys, and we really need your fire around this team. Either way we love ya in NY Big Jenks get healthy soon.

3. bigcotch

bigcotch Banned

Probably the worst part about this whole thing is how far he came in his life/career to this point. He was always a beast on the field, but he had issues. He drank to the point where it was a serious problem. He had depression. He had problems with some teamates in Carolina. Now those issues are finally behind him, he's the leader of a team he loves, he's playing at a very high level, and he tears the knee again. If he was contemplating retirement before this season, I can't imagine he would ever suit up again. I think this is his 4th season ending injury.

4. JoeWillie130

JoeWillie130 Well-Known Member

Hope he's on one of these pre-game shows when he retires. Guy is entertaining. Gotta love how he plays the game. Hope he comes back but if not I wish him all the best.

Losing Jenkins will hurt us more in the passing game then the run I think. He pushes that pocket and draws the double teams which really opens things up for our pass rush. I'm not surprised that when he went down our pass rush was pretty much non-existant. Devito and Pouha do do a great job against the run.

5. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Right, but I think it's fair to label his tenure with the Jets a big disappointment, only because he was injured most of the time.

6. IrishSteveZ

IrishSteveZ New Member

You're cold man.....

Not to mention, he was on his way as the 2008 Defensive MVP before we fell apart.

7. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

He was a leader on the team. He was a likable personality and when he played he was freaking dominant. Let people vent, you want to piss on an ex player, piss on Namath in his thread.

8. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

Hes not pissing on Jenkins.

Hes simply saying hey we gave up a 3rd and 5th round draft pick for 1 season of the guy.

I love jenks and would absolutely LOVE to see Rex Ryans defense lead by a beast like him at the line but its not going to happen. And at the end of the day 2 mid round draft picks probably would of been more beneficial to the team.

Has nothing to do with pissing on Jenks, just the fact that him getting injured really sucks and made that trade we made with Carolina not seem as great in hindsight.

9. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Pretty much. Jenkins was by far my favorite player on the defense.

10. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Yeah well you can use all the hindsight you want, that trade was a great trade...........good god. It was 2 freak injuries. A 3rd and 5th for a guy like Jenkins? You make that trade all day every day.

BTW, Tommy just drank a liter of Fiji.....

11. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Right, but his tenure was a disappointment. That's all I'm saying. You can't possibly call it a success.

[​IMG]

12. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Yes, 2 ACL tears in 3 years is a rousing success.

13. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

#33 BadgerOnLSD, Sep 16, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2010
  14. FlashGordon

FlashGordon Active Member

I don't care how many games he played, he's the best defensive lineman the Jets have had since Klecko (apologies to Shaun Ellis.) Jenkins was just a dominant MF.

15. Oasis

Oasis Member

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjjfuUDDDJA&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

16. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

This is a tribute thread. Let's stick to the topic.

I wish the man good luck in life. He has a personality that goes along with the size of his body.

Stay strong big man Jenks!

17. deef

deef Member

Look at how small Mawae looks on that play. Man this thread is depressing. So much potential...

18. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

19. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

No idea like anything good I stole it...........lol

20. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

1) He's a Good Guy
    2) He's great Locker room guy
    3) It's not as much what he's done as WHAT HE COULD HAVE DONE... and more importantly, the work he put into being ready and the pain he endured.....

Rex will always have a good defense...

but, THIS GUY in the middle is what The GREATEST defense of all time could be anchored by.

Now Rex will mix things up and use a big body to clog some space....

And yeah, you have to move on but, Man, i had dreams of what the defense could be WITH Kris....