Jets vs Patriots Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by soxxx, Sep 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cameoman

Cameoman New Member

Flacco reveals extent of injury at end of last season.
    Can't post the link but it's at Baltimoresun .com.

Brady "not in great health" is not an excuse. Moss was shut down.

Minimizing won't make you feel better if you lose.

Just kick some ass next week.

CM

2. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

While I agree they are fundamentally a one dimensional offense, and I'm not worried about them running much on us, don't sleep on Fred.

That said, their one dimension is still pretty extensive vs our secondary. It's not just Moss and Welker, and while I don't think Tate or Edelson will be used much, they will be. My bigger concern, however, are the Patriot TE's. Crumpler is old and slow, but still has decent hands and can find holes in a D (not often, not a HUGE threat, but not someone I'm prepared to dismiss altogether). And the two young kids are fast pass catchers. And after Heap's performance, it wouldn't surprise me to see Bellicheat have two tight end sets, maybe even splitting them out, and exploiting matchups.

3. GG1972

GG1972 New Member

hmmm...we seem to beat the Pats the first game last year but Welker was out. Don't you remember what they did to us in Game 2 when Welker and Moss were there, and Belicheck got some more time to study our offense?...I think it was 31-10? or something like that.

4. ajetsfan4ever

ajetsfan4ever Active Member

we are going to win this week.

either moss or welker will get shut down.

lost in the loss, was the huge int cro had.

we wont have 14 penalties this week.

and we will score at least 20.

the pats arent getting 20 on us!!!

5. patsfanlisa

patsfanlisa New Member

Did I really just read a post that said the Pats 2010 offense is one-dimensional from BK Jetsfan? That's hysterical. They have more schemes on offense than I've seen out of any team so far. While Cro and Revis are covering Moss and Welker, you better hope you have a linebacker covering Gronk...oh, wait, Laurinitis tried that and Gronk dragged him 10 yards for a TD. Safeties and CBs are gonna bounce off of this guy. Tate? He'll be playing, and he's got serious speed. But when he's covered, you'll have to deal with Faulk for the short screens. Or Hernandez, who has the speed of a WR but the physique of a TE.

Yes, your front 7, well, front 6 now, are a serious defense, off the edges fast, but your secondary will be trying to figure out who's getting the ball all day long. And while your D is planning their blitz, Brady will be throwing it deep to whoever he feels like. Don't sell this offense short. It should be a spectacular display.

6. ajetsfan4ever

ajetsfan4ever Active Member

dude, you wont be able to run on us, so yeah your offense is one dimensional.

we gave up 50 rushing yards to the #2 rushing offense, held all world rice to 40 yards on 22 carries.

bring your shit to our new house.

you wont be getting 14 non offensive points vs .us, like you did vs. the bengals.

7. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

So wait, in response to my post about your offense being one dimensional, the ONLY thing you discuss is your PASSING offense (THUS ONE FUCKING DIMENSIONAL). Please don't come to this board trying to call out Jetsfans. I don't come to your job kicking dicks out of your mouth.

8. PatsFan2003

PatsFan2003 Member

But that passing attack is definitely multidimensional. Don't need to pound the ball if we can throw :wink:

I'm sure Ryan is thinking of as many new blitz packages as he can think of to keep Brady on the move.

9. xmscott

xmscott Well-Known Member

Sucks i wont be at this game.

Need to be able to run the ball and control TOP more. That is the key. Less penalties and and Greene shows up and holds on to the ball, we win.

10. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Tru. Brady can throw the ball behind his back or through his legs. Actually if he really wanted to fuck around he could kick it deep to Moss

11. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

Oh, I acknowledge that. If you read the original post that half-wit responded to, I wrote something like while the pats O is one dimensional, that one dimension has a lot of weapons.

Although, to counter your point somewhat, I don't think a team that can make all the throws but cannot pound the rock wins. That was Elway's weakness until TD showed up to play (not to compare your team to theirs, just making a point)

12. PatsFan2003

PatsFan2003 Member

A good running game is nice to have, particularly in the red zone but I don't think it's as essential as it used to be.

Let's try the opposite. A team that can run the ball but can't throw it will lose more then it wins in this league. The current NFL definitely is a passing league.

Who was the last team that won the Super Bowl running the rock? The Ravens?? Maaybe the 2005 Steelers although they had a passing attack as well.

#152 PatsFan2003, Sep 15, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2010
  13. PatPatriot

PatPatriot Member

Guys, it's not about the amount of rushing yards you get(obviously you want to get a ton of yards. It's more about running the ball enough times to keep the defense honest in regards to the blitz. If the Pats run the ball 20-25 times on Sunday it will keep the Jets defense thinking about the run. Balance in play calling is the key especially in setting up play action.

14. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

Well I guess we'll see if fred taylor & co. can run the rock. Remains to be seen.

15. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

I didn't see it myself, a friend of mine told me, but did Sanchez say something along these lines on Sportscenter?

"We'll be much better this week against the Pats. They are the perfect team to be facing this week and there's nothing wrong with us going 15-1 for the season."

Anyone have a transcript?

*My friend is a Giants fan, so he might be busting my chops.*

16. MoLewisSoNasty

MoLewisSoNasty New Member

Rex Ryan looked so insulted after absorbing the loss in week 1. The Jets defense will look to kill Tom Brady in week 2. I think we get a ST/Defensive TD, the offense gets a TD, and we squeak out a thriller in the New stadium.

Jets 20 Pats 17

17. jets_fan_in_fishtown

jets_fan_in_fishtown Active Member

you guys might be nervous, but i can't wait till sunday.

someone's head is gonna get ripped off. Our fans are panicing, but i bet the team is just pissed.

hopefully vern finally goes and kills somebody

18. KDPPatsfan

KDPPatsfan Banned

The Patriots have improved in all three phases of the game. The Jets only have a good defense. The Jets offense is horrible and even though defense wins championships, you need the offense to score the points to win the game. The Patriots have more weapons on offense than in 2009. We have TE's that can catch. Welker and Edelman will be seeing the ball most the night against the Jets. 28-10 Patriots win!!

19. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

I don't think we'll win this game. When have the Jets ever made things easy? As long as we beat Miami and Buffalo we'll be in good shape.

20. xmscott

xmscott Well-Known Member

Saw it, pretty much what he said. You can tell he was being facetious with the comment.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.