POLL: Who was to blame?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ........, Sep 15, 2010.

?

Who was to blame for Monday's loss?

1. Offense

91.9%
  2. Defense

4.4%
  3. Special Teams

3.7%
  1. ........

........ Trolls

It's been a rather polarizing past couple of days, and I've seen blame shared around, but I can't quite get a finger on the pulse of the board. There's really only one way to settle it, and that's a poll. So, if you were forced to choose one, which unit would you consider most to blame for the results of the game?

2. Cameoman

Cameoman New Member

I like what your defense does and the swagger. But I've been on the receiving end of a flagfest as a Ravens fan.

Penalties are what hurt you the most.

3rd down conversions are a close 2nd, this directly contributed to time of possesion.

If the Jets had had the ball longer, more big plays are possible.

Edit: I voted Defense as (if that wasn't clear from my post).

CM

#2 Cameoman, Sep 15, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2010
  3. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

:rofl:Oh boy here we go again

It's not a balck and white issue, it's not O vs. D who was to blame. There is more to it which was the point of the other thread. For the average fan it is a simple black and white issue. The poll could be 1,000 to 1 and it wouldn't mean the 1,000 are correct.

4. nyjunc

Most of those penalties were on the D and kept Baltimore drives alive keeping our D on the field and obviously limiting the chances for our offense to do anything.

5. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

wheres the poll for how many threads do we need to keep complaining?
    It was everybody.
    our secondary committed way too many penalties.
    Braylon Edwards.
    Rex Ryan.
    Mark Sanchez.
    Schotty.
    Matt Slauson.

6. hiker

hiker Well-Known Member

The offense earned 0 points. The defense and ST gave those field goals. Its academic.

7. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Walt Andersons crew.

8. milo

milo Well-Known Member

Why would special teams even be a choice? Besides being our entire offense they looked like the best in the league.

9. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Is the answer Jesus? (movie line)

The Offense by a huge margin. Anyone that says defense I am sorry but that is a gigantic lol.

10. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

We need to hold our special teams unit to a higher standard. Dig deeper.

11. Jets42long

Jets42long Member

It's ridiculous that the NFL allows one group of officials to constant throw more flags then everyone else. The head of officiating should either break these attention whores up or have a talk with them about allowing teams to controll the outcome of games.

That being said I voted offense.

12. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

Heh. Thank you.

13. nyjunc

I'm sorry, we gave up only 10 pts so our D was great!

I remember when understanding the game was that easy, back when I was 6-7 years old and beginning to learn about this game.

14. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

oh c'mon, how could anyone choose anything but the offense?

Yeah, there were some bad penalties from Kyle Wilson and Cromartie, but some were debatable, and in the end, even with the penalties, the defense did more than enough to win the game.

Zero passing attack. Then at the end finally a decent completion, but Keller makes a mind-bogglingly bad play. He had to know where the marker was. The catch makes no difference if you don't get the damn first down.

15. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

D is not a credible answer. A unit does not have to be perfect to avoid being held primarily responsible for a loss. Carping criticism of the D while ignoring all the problems on O is silly and without cred.

16. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Even though the D gave up just 10 points, and even that should have been 3 points, all the flags that we saw kept on changing any momentum. Far too many defensive penalties. Sure we had some short field advantages due to turnovers and the offense sucked, giving up first downs on long 3rd downs is only acceptable once in a while. We could have very easily posted a shut out. People will point towards the offense, but if the D didn't allow first downs on all those 3rd and 10+ situations, we would have posted 16+ points ourselves and had a better ToP.

17. talisaynon

talisaynon Well-Known Member

i'm just trying to be more contrarian than a junc.

18. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Considering the flop by Cundiff, and then calling PI on Wilson, while he had Hooshyourmama's Elbow in is neck (should have been incidental) and lead to spotting the balt crowd 4 points in a one point game...

19. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Technically, Shonn Greene contributed most to the loss. If he doesn't fumble, the Jets run out most of the clock in the first half and enter the half either 6-0, 9-0 or 6-3. So, I picked offense.

20. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Why not? When the offense had 3rd down, I knew we'd miss it everytime the way we played. Just like our O, whenever the D got a chance to stop a drive on 3rd and long, it gave up first downs. Not one or twice, but atleast 7 first downs on 3rd and 7+. Ravens tried to run it up our throat but failed. Had this been a pass heavy team, we would have given up 24+ points. The front 7 actually played well with Jenkins out.

You can't expect to win a game where the opposing QB throws for 260 yards plus 100+ yards in penalties on the secondary. Thats like giving up almost 400 yards on passing play.

As much as the offense didn't want to stay on the field, the D also didn't want to get OFF the field. Blame lies equally. Most people picked offense. I picked defense cuz it deserved part of the blame, maybe not most of it though.