The Defense Wasn't Great Last Night

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by nyjunc, Sep 14, 2010.

1. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I'm giving you back the same shit you give everyone who disagrees. Why do you feel it's OK for you to act condescending and belittle people but when someone gives you a taste of your own medicine they're "attacking you"?

That's a typical can dish it out but can't take it attitude.

Again, your arrogance bleeds through. Anyone who doesn't agree with your foolish argument just doesn't understand and needs your help. Get over yourself and stop insulting my intelligence. I completely understand everything you're attempting to sell here, I'm not buying.

2. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Excuse me, I didn't start attacking people in this thread. Others attack me and I'll go back at them, I get that not everyone will understand the point but instead of acknoledging it and countering it I get hit w/ a ton of insults.

I can't take it?????:rofl: No one takes more garbage on this site than me. I understand w/ my strong opinions that will happen and that is fine but please don't tell me I can't take it.

Call it arrogance or whatever you want but pay attention so you can learn instead of your childish attacks against me as well as changing the title of the thread. Attack my arguments and i'll take you more seriously.

3. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

It was a charge, let's move on.

4. WhiteShoeWillis

Sorry junc, your point was blown to pieces many times in this thread. Every time it was your response was to insult the other persons intelligence and belittle them by telling them they have to "dig deeper", they don't understand and it's not black and white as if they don't understand. You're not as smart as you think you are.

You earn every scrap of shit thrown at you, don't act like your some kind of victim. It's a joke, and everyone can see right through it.

Get over yourself.

5. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

The defense gave up ten points to one of the top three teams in Football with Chris Jenkins out. If they do that every week we have a good shot at going deep in the playoffs despite our Qb handicap!

6. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

Gosh damnit Badger why did you ask junc to post this...

1.5 yards a carry the held a Pro-Bowl running back without Jenkins, forced 3 turnovers, put the offense in GREAT field position, and was on the field 38 minutes and they get 40%?

I'm not saying the defense was great, it wasn't...The constant penalties and 3rd down conversions hurt bad...

But they get 40% of the blame? Un freaking real.

7. nyjunc

My point hasn't been blown to pieces, some people have agreed and others have not but posters like you continue to attack me rather than the argument b/c you don't have an argument.

I don't act like a victim, I understand why people came after me. They know I know my stuff, they know I have strong opinions and I back them up. Most people just want others to agree w/ them, I don't care if people agree w/ me. I post my opinions and back them up, I don't always take the easy opinion either which happened w/ this thread.

It's easy to knock the offense as we know they sucked but we lost for many more reasons than just the offense and the D's play was a major reason why. I'm sorry you cannot see it which is why you should stop attacking and try to learn.

8. Al13

Al13 Member

is there a word for the offense then, if the defense "wasn´t great" ?

9. WhiteShoeWillis

Not a single person agrees with your claim that the defense cost us the game. Many, including myself, agree that it could have been a lot better.

Now stop with the condescending belittling of people by telling them to try and learn, dig deeper, and it's not black and white.

10. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

If you asked any coach in football if they could get four chances withing the Ravens 35 and only give up ten points in a game would they take it I guarantee you they would take it. Our Defense got horrible penalties but there is no excuse for what our offense did. It was beyond disgusting. If you give up ten points to the Ravens your supposed to win every time. Especially with the talent we have on offense.

11. 3rdAnd15Draw

3rdAnd15Draw Well-Known Member

In a 1 point game you could point to 20 different plays and say if this went differently the other team would've won. Just because you can do that with a couple of plays on the defense doesn't mean that it's their fault the Jets lost.

I'm not sure how many people have actually agreed with your original point. Everyone has pretty much agreed that the defense made mistakes but I haven't seen anyone else claim they lost the game.

At least I understand where you're coming from with the dominant unit stuff now but it's still a pretty tough pill to swallow. The offense wasn't just bad, it was historically bad, saying to dig depeer is usually good advice but in this case there really is no reason to look past the abysmal offensive showing, unless you're on the CS trying to improve for next week.

12. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

actually, the one without a deeper understanding is you because you can't grasp that nobody is saying the D played great simply because they only gave up 10 points, and it is illogical to jump to that conclusion. but the only way you can continue the charade of an argument is to ignore that fact, and pretend that it hasn't been addressed. like always, you simply ignore what disputes your argument and pretend others haven't said it so you don't have to address it. you want to be a troll and not partake in honest discourse, that is on you. but that is indeed what you are, and how you interact proves it.

the fact is you continue to ignore the points that clearly dispute your position, such as the basic and common notion that if the offense can't stay on the field, it increases the time the D is on the field and thus they will wear out, at which point the opponent will be able to sustain drives against them as they tire.

you're the one without a deeper knowledge of the dynamics of the game if you don't grasp that simple premise. the offenses three and out contributed to the D's ability to make stops because they were constantly on the field without significant breaks in between. that make sit the fault of the O.

you are attempting to claim the ridiculous inverse, that the D not getting off the field somehow disrupted the offense's ability to get in rhythm and sustain drives, a rhythm they never had and thus was never disrupted.

it's okay, nobody has ever accused you of really grasping the dynamics of any argument you were making. this is just par for the course with you.

13. nyjunc

Plenty have agreed but that doesn't mean anything to me. You guys act like the majority rules. I dont' expect everyone to understand the point, obviously you don't which is why you should take notes.

We can get disagree and still get along! take notes of this WSW instead of posting "being ridiculous for the sake of being ridiculous. yawn " you could have attacked the original post.

I don't ask that everyone agree w/ everything I say but like I take bits and pieces from other posts folks can take bits and pieces from my posts and judging by some of the responses there are quite a few of you who should be taking more than just bits and pieces out.

14. nyjunc

You should be my star pupil as you need the most help.

Again, our D is the engine that drives this team. Why are we relying on the O to hold the ball rather than the D to get off the field?

The offense never had a chance to get into a rhythm b/c they couldn't get on the field. Again, against a top O the objext is to possess the ball as long as possible to keep them off the field and keep them out of rhythm. Baltimore did that against a mediocre offense so what do you expect the results to be?

15. WhiteShoeWillis

Who agreed that the defense cost us the game junc? Show me one poster who agreed to that.

16. nyjunc

Many people agreed w/ many points of my original post. I don't expect everyone to agree 100%. The problem is reading comprehension for you guys, you make it sound like I blame the D and the O gets no blame. Read the post not the headline.

I'm not goin through 11 pages of posts of people that said I made good points. You can do that on your own, again I don't need others to feel good about what I post. I know what I am talking about and I'm secure in my knowledge of this game. That doesn't mean I know everything as I am always trying to leanr new things just like you should be instead of wasting your time attacking me which you did from the first post of this thread.

17. JetBlue

if that were the case, no team would be able to come out and sustain drives from the get-go if they required extensive field time to get in rhythm. that is beyond stupid. how are opening drives for scores even possible, shouldn't all teams go three and out for a few series until they get in ryhthm? of course not. offenses have the ability to dictate the game if they are properly planned and executed. the Jets offense was not, that isn't the fault of the D.

the idea that the D is our strength is irrelevant. the higher standard you hold them to doesn't eliminate the fact that they wore out due to the offenses inability to create a drive that gave them sufficient rest.

of course, you don't grasp this because you are black and white about blaming the D due to their higher standard. dig deeper.

18. nyjunc

Let me break this down so you might be able to understand.

we have top defense and mediocre O

Baltimore has top D as well

Rex knows that D and the ball hawking ability

Sanchez threw 20 INTs in 15 games last year

Rex and Schotty decide to play it safe and think by winning TO margin they can win game so they play ultra conservative

Bal holds onto the ball for nearly 40 mins, how in the world is our offense w/ that conservative philosophy supposed to start putting together long drives?

I hope this helps!

19. WhiteShoeWillis

Once again - everyone who disagrees has problems comprehending. We're just not smart enough to understand a superior intellect like you. It couldn't possibly be that your point that the defense cost us the game is ridiculous.

If the headline doesn't matter why are you so concerned with it? You cried foul when it was changed.

You won't because there isn't a single person who agrees with the former headline that doesn't matter.

20. JetBlue

let me break this down for you.

the conservative offensive philosophy goes three and out constantly, reducing the time the D has to rest and increasing the time they have to be on the field.

The D is on the field the majority of the game. they are human beings. they get tired - known fact, we humans beings get tired and require rest. you seem to be unaware of that, so I thought I would inform you of it.

because they are tired, they are unable to play as well as the game progresses, allowing the Ravens to move the ball against them and continue to dominate the TOP.

this could be reduced if the offense could gain first downs and give the D a rest, thus it is the offenses fault.

hope that helps.

dig deeper.