Brainlessly bash former Jet employee, Brian Schottenheimer

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by ThunderbirdJet, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

They should let Sanchez call his own plays..I think even Gruden said that Monday night. It can't possibly be any worse than what we get now.

2. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

Great thread TBJ, and Lord knows, I agree with you.

Something else everyone is completely ignoring is the actual performance and execution of the plays called on Monday. Sure, you can point your stubby little fingers at Schotty and call him Shitty until you turn blue in the face, however, you're all ignoring some simple details. Things like:

Receivers dropping balls that they managed to get two hands on. That's sacrilege in football. If you can touch it with both hands, you had better catch it.

My brother was at the game, so he had a better view, and he told me that Edwards was open repeatedly and Sanchez never even looked at him. It was pretty clear Sanchez was afraid of the blitz all night and was looking to check down as quickly as possible. None of you have any idea what plays were called and how they could have resulted if our franchise QB didn't pull a deer-in-headlights.

Why did Schotty run the ball multiple plays in a row with Tomlinson? Maybe because whenever he allowed Greene to run with the ball Shonn put it on the ground and when he gave him another chance via the "air" he dropped an easy dump pass?

EDIT: And why didn't they throw more? How about the fact that they threw just as many times as they ran? And half of those passes were incomplete? It doesn't matter what the play call is if guys don't get it done. And you can't blame pre-snap movement for dropped passes.

People want to hate Schottenheimer around here and I am 100% certain it's because of who his father is. Everyone spouts this bullshit that Brian only has a job because of his name, but the truth is, people around here hate him for his name. He seemed pretty well liked by everyone on Hard Knocks to me. Hell, Rex even told him he would get two rings so both he and his father could have one. Yeah, sounds just like a guy Rex is looking to can.

#62 AlioTheFool, Sep 15, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2010
  3. Don

Unbelievable..answer my last question..why has he never had even one 300 yard qb game since the day he fuckin got here? Because he's not like his father, right? He is horrible. He is totally predictable and he is unsuccessful because of it.

4. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

He's had Chad "Broken Wing" Pennington, Kellen "I'll Take That Paycut, Thank You" Clemens, Brett "This Playbook Too Hard Me" Favre, and Sanchez who has played more games for his high school team than he has since he graduated that school.

Who gives a shit about 300 yard passing games anyway? I'm always stunned that no one bothers crediting him with any of the elite rushing offenses we've run over his tenure. Oh, I forgot, that's clearly all Callahan.

The utter ridiculousness around here never ceases to amaze me.

5. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

crazy

another question i was wondering ... how many 2 minute drill drives have we had with shotty here that got us into scoring position? i dont remember very many

serious question if anyone knows, ill even take before the half ...

6. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

What exactly did you think Sanchez was doing at the line on Monday night? Where do you think all that movement was coming from? Audibles. Those are called by...wait for it...the QUARTERBACK!

Yeah, let Sanchez call his own plays. Like he was. That weren't working because of lack of execution.

Oh well. I know. Details suck and they ruin arguments.

7. Don

No they wern't. He had a single check off play also called by Schittenheimer. So it was play a or play b. That was his choices.

8. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

To your point about Favre not running the offense, yes you're right. Why is the only decent offense the Jets have had in 5 years in the year when the QB won't run the offense Schotty wants to implement?

And yes, I know Favre was the reason, but the point of having an offensive coordinator is to develop a system that a QB can step into and succeed. Even in Chad's one year when he was able to run it he had his worst full season performance ever. Nobody can run Schotty's system. It's genius-proof.

9. Don

You care about it because it shows exactly how predictable his play calling will be.

10. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

Don, I don't like to argue with you because I like you as a poster. You're wrong though.

Look, I'll be the first to admit that Schotty's schemes are ridiculously complicated and he is prone to outthinking himself right out of a game. The key is, QBs like Pennington and Sanchez are born to play in Schotty's system. It's a cerebral system and relies on intellect.

Chad failed because his body fell apart. Sanchez played in the AFC Championship game as a rookie.

Saying no one can run the system is ridiculous.

11. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

Yup, predicting the Jets will lead the league in rushing. How awful. :rolleyes:

12. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The Jets were in the AFC Championship game because the Jets canned Schotty's system for a straight-ahead between the tackles ground game. The few real impact plays that Sanchez made during the run were straight up the field, the kind of play you normally can't coax out of Shotty with a pair of pliers and a blowtorch.

I'm not going to do it, because I'm lazy this morning, but I bet that Schotty's QB's collectively, aside from Favre, have among the lowest QB ratings and TD passes thrown of any team's QB's since Schotty took over the Jets. His offenses just don't work. Yes, the Jets can run into a bad defensive team or a mediocre one having a poor day and light them up for 30-odd points, but if they run into a competent defense they struggle and if they run into a good one they get shut down. This is something that has happened with such regularity over the last 4 seasons that it's almost impossible to argue the other side. If you want to believe that Schotty is a good coordinator you also have to believe that good coordinators can routinely finish in the lower half of the offensive rankings and produce poor QB seasons like clockwork.

Just look at the bones, man, look at the bones!

#72 Br4d, Sep 15, 2010
  13. Don

Of course I can't be sure of that any more than you can but that's what the announcers kept saying in the booth. Where they got their info fromn I don't know bet they kept saying he had a second play to check to.

14. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

Nailed it.

Sanchez played like a pussy on Monday night and I find it hard to believe that so many good posters want to blind themselves to that. He had a clean pocket on a majority of his drop backs and he panicked instead of going through his progressions.

Now we have the armchair coordinators saying that it's the coordinators fault that our franchise qb played scared because he tried to get mark to look to his check downs more. I find it very hard to believe that all offseason Schotty has been telling Sanchez to make one half second read and then flip the ball out to LT.

Bill Walsh could have been calling the plays on Monday and the offense still would have looked like shit because the Ravens were blowing up the run game and Sanchez was pissing himself every time he dropped back to pass

I like Sanchez and I have seen him bounce back from worse performances than that so I don't see this as anything worth panicking about to much right now but Sanchez needs to find himself and quickly.

15. KingLeonidas

KingLeonidas New Member

Alio i was at the game also and i dont agree. yes the execution was minimal , but it still comes from play calling. Wr drops are indeed unacceptable so no arguing that.

Shotty: This guy has been running the same offense since he has been here. We now have more than enough weapons and its still the SAME freaking plays. Play #1 5-8 yard slant with edwards or cotch. Play #2 Rollout 2-3 yard out with cotch. Play #3 dump off to Rb/Fb. Play #4 Draw/Wildcat. That is our WHOLE playbook fav plays. We had Chad Pennignton and everyone says his arms sucks blah blah blah meanwhile i always beleived it was also the play calling. Sanchez has a Decent arm why the same play calling? Farve has a gun still was the same play calling for the majority of that year. Not only that Farve is the INT leader yet they didnt keep the chains on him veteran or not. Shotty did nothign 2 spice the play calling up yes u can ground pound all u want but u gotta take shots. 3rd and 3 wildcat handoff 2 greene!?? Come on!! Might as well have just ran a regular run formation.

Sanchez: Now since last year i have been telling my friends and other jets fans that they are babying mark wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy 2 much. Granted i cant say Mark cant take any blame here ill give him about 20% blame 20% for the rest of the offense n 60% coaching staff. Ok now with that being said babying Mark is killing this kids confidence. everyday all he hears is dont turn it over let the d win games for us just be careful be careful be careful. Everything is ok mark 1 2 3 take ur time n oh yeah be careful. Now ur in the huddle u get the play n once again they say "no mistakes mark". Now u hike the ball all that shit in ur mind revolving around u dont want 2 come even close of making a bad play. HE IS NOT PERFECT he is playing exactly how they are telling him 2 play.

U dont let mark throw the ball all game and than with 1:50 left u say ok kid go win the game for us? Come on man it doesnt matter if edwards is open cuz mark isnt looking for a pass more than 10 yards. Sanchez had a beautiful throw 2 keller that got called back. Also the 4th down play 2 keller was a beautiful throw over the defender. The kid can make the throows. He can make all the throws INT'S are gonna come regardless so locking him up wont help. Unleash him now rather than later. Kid threw 20 ints last year and we still made the AFC cahmpionship game.

Rex saying he didnt take Greene out is a joke U are the Coach u cant have the kid sit that long, and than put him in when u finally start moving the ball n throw him a pass. Yes he should of caught the ball, but by that time his head is out the game. How are these kids gonna learn? They left wilson in and he gave up big plays.

16. KingLeonidas

KingLeonidas New Member

I agree Don he is way too predictable jus plain boring. My 7 year old nephew could call better plays in madden lol.

Shotty sucks Alio 300 doesnt matter a whole lot but that is a hell of a stat if u think about it. This guy ran the same exact plays that we ran in the preseason. We can still b a ground n pound team and have mark have 190-220 yards a game i'd take that.

17. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Using the coach assist or conventional? lol

18. jets2884

jets2884 Active Member

I dont think it is how many times you run or pass. I think it is when you run/pass. It felt like every first down was a run up the middle. It felt like most of our throws were on 3rd down on obvious passing situations. You put more pressure on sanchez against one of the best defenses in the league.

19. BleednGreen247

is schitty fired yet? or is he still here ruining another quarterback?

oh, hes here still? running the same failed system that produces no results? that finishes with an average ranking of 22?

cant wait to watch another reverse the first play of the game on sunday. cant wait to see some more pre snap movements that do nothing. cant wait to not attack the defenses weakness, but attack their strength.

CLOWN!!!!!

#79 BleednGreen247, Sep 15, 2010
  20. BleednGreen247

No. youre clearly wrong.

The jets started out 4-0, and finished of great with sanchez looking his best when? when schitty dumbed down his system. Jets started 8-3 with favre when? When he told schitty to go fuck himself and his ridiculous playbook because there was too much useless shit in there.

same story for 4 years. callahan is brought in to help the line and run game, and its the ONLY part of the offense thats successful.

its plain as day that this guy cant coordinate. its impossible to see otherwise. naysayers keep talking about one game this, one game that, what about his whole career?