Rex and Shotty altercation??

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by MikeHoncho, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Danny@ATL

Danny@ATL New Member

Didn't most of us (TGG) say that the Jets would lose to the Ravens when the schedule was released? Guess what. You were right. Big shit, you also said that they would probably have 10 or more wins.

2. 624

624 Banned

It's good if Schotty got called out on his horrendous gameplan, but I hope just like a fight at practice they can resume to being teammates and loving eachother right after.

We need chemistry on all levels.

3. Mehl-56

Mehl-56 Well-Known Member

Damn I miss that forum...

4. NJrocket24

NJrocket24 Well-Known Member

schotty wanted to do 3 change formations and 6 audibles before each snap, rex only wanted 5. Thats what this is about.

Gruden even called him out on it. I've been saying it for years. Schotty thinks hes too smart for the room. Every play has to have 6 audibles and 6 formation shifts and 2 motions.

Just run the damn ball. Just pass the damn ball. Just catch the damn ball. Trust that our guys can beat their guys on the play without excessive trickery/strategy.

Especially when its under 2 mins and every second counts. You can't be shifting/audibling/excessive motions. Get set and go.

Pissed me off for years about schotty.
    /End Rant

5. The Jutty

The Jutty Banned

I would love to see Rex beat the fuck out of Schottenheimer. I can't stand the guy and could think of nothing better.

6. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

It's funny how with all the audibles, most of the plays looked exactly the same.

7. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

I agree 100% with all of this. He tries to be too damn cute and outsmart everyone.. and he just ends up outsmarting himself and looking like a fool.

8. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The problem isn't that Schotty looks like a fool. The problem is his QB looks incompetent and the offensive players wind up getting penalties they'd never have taken in a different system.

Chad, Clemens, Sanchez. 3 victims of Schotty's offense right in a row. Favre kind of cost us a year's evaluation of Schotty's offense because he wasn't stupid enough to try to run the damn thing and he had enough pull to just say no as long as he didn't do it publicly.

9. FriendlyGiantsFan

FriendlyGiantsFan New Member

Yeah! If the QB wasn't able to do what you want on one play he should show no hesitation to put his season, career, and the fortunes of the franchise at risk to gain a few yards.

Brilliant!

[​IMG]

10. InRevisWeTrust

InRevisWeTrust New Member

I'm no darksider, but what does it say about the state of our team when we all genuinely hope there was actually an altercation between our HC and OC?

11. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

my question is why didnt he fix it IN GAME?

although shonn deserved to sit on the bench putting the ball on the ground like he did. although everyone was so in love with him this offseason it appears as though he still has the same issues as last year.

12. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

I think it says more about the fanbase than it does the team.

I know we all want to believe Schotty's too conservative and Rex wants to come out both guns blazing, but Rex is the one preaching 'Ground and Pound', Rex is the one that invented the traffic light color system last year, and Rex is the one saying the playbook's too complex now.

I think Schotty's got some of his dad in him but he gets too cute at times too...I don't think he's the ultra-conservative robot that you would think from watching last night's game.

13. South J-E-T

South J-E-T Member

Somebody needed to smack Schotty. That was the weakest play calling I have ever witnessed in an NFL game. Other than horribly timed penalties, the defense came to play. I was so worried about Sanchez going in, but he didn't do anything to lose the game (or anything to win it). The problem lies with individual players who need to be called out. Greene - hold on to the football, Wilson - this ain't Boise St - get in position to make a play, Left Guard, you don't even have a name - learn how to walk before trying to pass block, Keller - just try - a little effort and at least the final drive is alive. Cotchery, Keller, Greene - dropped passes. Even Fireman Ed's timing was off.
    Let's regroup - and get the offense going. Stadium was fantastic - great experience with the exception of the L.

14. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

I don't think there was anyone in the stadium who didn't want to knock Schottenheimer out for those plays.

15. The Jutty

The Jutty Banned

That the OC is the weak link and needs to be fired/murdered.

16. Dexter Morgan

Dexter Morgan New Member

Fuck Shotty but maybe, just maybe Sanchez really isn't cut out to start in this league.

17. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic

18. talisaynon

talisaynon Well-Known Member

Thisx100million.

19. chrisrex

chrisrex Active Member

This... is fuckin AWESOME! :)

20. TeddieM

TeddieM New Member

Fenwyr said:

With that said, F Shotty. We've been so patient with him... He's just terrible at calling games. Go piss a rainbow.

My reply... (I can't post links yet)

[​IMG]

:up:

#200 TeddieM, Sep 15, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2010