17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

The pepsi corner was a nightmare leaving.im surprised people didn't get hurt.the mezz level was acked and the people just kept comi.g down the escalators.fans where pushing and shoving.once we got to the field level we where directed back into the concourse around concession stands where we met up with an even more crowd.what a nightmare.

2. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

Had a great tailgate though.me 2 of my friends pats hater his friend tballz rmagedeon royaltee jetsbabe and her daughter.

3. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

17 A , I figured that those escaltors would be a nitemare,,,,the sucked during the preseason and the place was not even full---------------so we have decided to take the steps down after games,,,if any of you are physically able I suggest thats the way to go out
    ps getting in on those escalators sucked also as we were directed into the concourse and all the way around

ONE AND DONE after this year!!!

4. JetsSec337Lot13B

I wanted to wait a day to post my opinions but THIS STADIUM SUCKS!! I'm usually a positive person and I'm not one to drop the f bomb for no reason but as I was packed like a sardine waiting to get from the 100 to street level I kept yelling fuck this stadium. I wasn't the only one who felt that way. I was lucky I had a yellow pass and I parked in lot K. It was great to exit once the game ended but I fear that more PSLers are going to flock to this lot.

Getting in wasn't too bad except for those fuckin concession stands in the wrap around from the 100 to 200 and 200 to 300. Not only did I have to wait to get up these things but I had to deal with people waiting in line to get hot preztels, beer, etc.

Getting out of 346 was great at first and just like 337 in the old place. I'm not in row 15 vs row 7 but it wasn't a big deal getting to the 300 escalator to get down. Then the 200 is where shit started to hit the fan. As I yelled out loud "the rich now merge with the poor." Then came time to get from the 100 to the street level and it was scary. If someone has a medical emergency they might as well just be ready to die there. If there ever is an emergency and we have to evacuate it's going to be survival of the fittest. It was a fuckin nightmare.

Being in the upper deck since 1991 when I was 11 years old I wasn't fazed too much by the new upper deck being higher. I liked the air raid siren and I know it was corny but I kind of liked the smoke shooting up in front of my section.

In the old stadium section 338 had most of the other teams fans which is the equivalent of 347 in this stadium. Now they appear to be more toward 305/306 which I was relieved to see. There were still plenty of issues in my section and other sections.

I'm waiting to see what Sunday is like. I'm willing to bet tons of Patriots fans and fights. At this point I'm tempted to get rowdy and hope to be ejected. Maybe the Jets can throw me out and refund me for the last 6 games of the season. I'm only 30, single, no kids so my expenses aren't as high as others and I enjoy going to the games. My friends laugh when I say I'm tempted to stop going since they don't think I'll ever give up my seats but it's becoming more and more tempting. Why put money into the pockets of these useless rich fucks like Woody Johnson. Last night I wanted to try some of the food but I said you know what it's not worth it. Why give this organization another dime? I'd rather stay hungry for 3 hours then give Woody Johnson anything.

I could go on ticketmaster.com get row 8 35-yard line seats and not have to pay for preseason. I could also get a parking pass, invest in HDTV and a dish and stay in the parking lot. 75% of the fun is the tailgate and time with friends and family for me.

I will stop venting and sorry for this long post.

5. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

it sucks that so many had a terrible time last night. i cant imagine how obnoxious it will be with bandwagon patsy fans for the next game.

rofl i really cant stand you. you are the most obnoxious person i have ever not even met. honestly go take a long walk off a short pier.

6. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Really? Many of us declared that a year ago. It's actually worse than I thought, and I was spectacularly unimpressed during my January tour.

There are serious design flaws here. They wouldn't allow people to proceed to the second escalator from the first (Pepsi) it was barricaded off. Instead everyone was forced into the 100 concourse. We were jammed there, not knowing where to get the next escalator, as crowded as the old stadium's concourse would get when the game ended. I asked a security guy why the area between escalator one and two was blocked-off - 'not wide enough. it's not safe" I say, "this is a new stadium" Then he shrugs.

A buddy of mine left before I did and called me today to tell of scary dangerous moments on the pepsi escalators leaving the game. I hope they pull SB 14 from this place. No new stadium should have these problems. they are not minor issues, they are major design flaws. Three escalator areas poorly laid-out for an 82,000 capacity stadium - with no available elevators? Are you kidding me?

I wonder how the Pepsi, Verizon, or Met Life execs will enjoy it when the news reports of people suffering serious injuries occurring in their branded gates include their corporate names.

Marra boys, Mr. Tisch, and Woody - Shame on you for lying to us.

#10166 LogeSection2RowJ, Sep 15, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2010
  7. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

Thanks!!! Hey at least you did not pay for a PSL in ud like Giants fans, my buddy who sits in UD for Giants said it was so scary on escalators people were walking backwards on moving escalators as there was no where to go once it hit the 200 level, he was praying no one tripped as he would be in the pile up. His plus was in the new nose bleed seats there is a lack of oxygen at that altitute so it was cool to watch his nose bleed giant blue.

Stadium was designed, on purpose to make the rich, Coaches club, GHC and Mezz EW Clubs and Commissioner Clubs and Suites have a amazing game day experience at an amazing high price, 7 series. Then Jets and Giants threw a bone with someone livable 5k to 15k psls for the lower upper class folks, 5 series. Then they threw another bone for upper middle class with 2.5k and 4k PSls (3 series), they even threw long term middle class season ticket holders a bone with upper prime and seats in first few rows of Upper Deck Sideline (mini-cooper/1 series). Who did not get a bone, anyone with low or no senority who is in UD (they got the yugo).

Funny part everyone who is bitching up there are all going to re-up as when you don't renew magically the Jets will have better seats in UD for you then you have now. The art of customer retention and upselling.

Sorry to hear about everyones complaints, train ran fine for me round trip, easy in and out and some lady bought my parking pass for $50 bucks which covered my beer and train pass for day.

That stadium will be packed to rafters with Pats fans. If they do that same UD EZ high row deal they did for ravens fans buy four seats get five you might as well call it new foxboro meadowlands stadium.

8. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

Wow, you're really a dick.

9. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

better to have no friends than the friends you have, glad you think I am a dick.

10. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

Instead of focusing on me, why don't you try and explain how it's somehow "OK" to belittle 227 and the time that he served this country? And for the record, he served in Vietnam.

11. Clayture

Clayture Member

I have seats in 222a in MetLife corner under Jombotron. Did bite the psl bullet to get better seats then way up in the UD corner row 26 back in March.

As far as Monday went, got there around 2:45 and found a good spot to park in Lot J out near the road. Found a spot where we could put up a canopy while consuming one parking spot.

Friend called me to let me know a storm was rolling in, got packed up, went in Great Hall entrance just as Slash started, saw them play for what maybe 20 minutes, then they had to stop because of the threatening lightning. Went inside the stadium walked up stairs to get to mezzanine level which was not so bad.

Leaving the stadium when the game ended, avoided the escalator, and took the stairs down and out the MetLife gate. Walked around the outside of the stadium and out the Grand Hall outer fence. That was not bad at all.

Leaving the parking lot went around Lot K and out the 3 West exit to 17 North as opposed to trying to get to Patterson Plank. Went relatively smooth.

One observation was how empty one section was behind the visitors bench in the mezzanine.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a...jls0auGQPbz4Q/cC/f=0/ps=50/r=0/rx=550/ry=400/

WTF, a whole section entirely empty. Pissed that this whole money grab is allowing visiting team fans to get in the house in droves.

12. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

I like 227 I was not belittling him. I love everyone. Even you. He is just mad at me cause I switched sides midstream in the seat selection process from PSL hater to PSL owner.

I actually like the Jets. The stadium was nice, my seats are great, they did a good pre-game show, a good halftime show, nice fireworks. No lines bathroom or concessions. No problems at all in new stadium. Sure it rained and Jets lost but they put a good product on the field. Jets spent a boatload signing people in off season. Jets were nice enough to even put me on TV during game and multiple friends and family saw me.

Biggest gripe everyone had was exiting and entering upper deck and UD parking. Which I did neither. Even people in UD Prime first few rows with a great view were not happy.

Everyone in my section was great, funny how everyone was blasting PSL reps (including me), but one thing they kept saying over and over again in their quest to sell over priced PSLs was the UD view sucks, getting up and down there will be horrible and the parking will stink. Now everyone is shocked that is the case. Quite frankly if Jets offered me any seats in the first ten rows between the 20's in the upper deck I would be up there. The Jets held those seats back in an attempt to make people like me buy a PSL then magically they appeared as individual games for sale.

The real and only people who should be furious is not UD people but anyone in Mezz A, 5k LL EZ corners and 15k Jets side seats with low senority. They shelled out big cash almost two years ago, made big downpayments and a few PSL payments by now. Meanwhile people off the street were scooping up 2.5k PSLs with $250 bucks down and no PSL payment till 2011 and those guys got no advance notice of it. There only choice was downgrade from their low row on aisle seats in 4k, 5k, and 15k seats that took high senority to shitty last row middle of the aisle seats in the cheaper sections or stay put.

UD people, can choose to be one and done, try to get upgraded or jump on a firesale PSL next year. The older season ticket holders, in particular the 15k Jets side who put down 20% two years ago are the real people who got screwed the most.

13. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

ROJF, no one knows if your telling the truth or not, quite frankly no one cares.

Why do you constantly have to belittle the UD seat holders? For some it really is about the team and the experience of being surrounded by 80,000 Jet fans.

Our last tailgate a Father with a 9 year old son was parked next to us, it was his first time going to a game as well as his sons. They could not be happier, yes they were sitting in the UD but the smiles on their faces were priceless.

While you pretend to be a pompous ass, real Jet fans are excited for the season and happy just to be their.

When will you stop, are you that insecure about your ticket choice? That's how it's coming off to me. You're pissed you chose the UD and take it out on other UD ticket holders because they had higher seniority and your stuck in the last row.

14. CT. Jets Fan

CT. Jets Fan New Member

MBP...
    In reading thru various fan sites...I have seen about 150 people comment on the rail service leaving the Stadium.

149 of them thought it was horrible and borderline dangerous.

ROJF thought it was seamless.

So I vote the latter.

15. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

I left work early as I wanted to see slash show. So I beat the combination NJ rush hour, combined with Jets fan nightmare bottle neck that was compounded by a major t-storm. So was lucky getting there. I also ran like a mother with 25 seconds left to train as I know they hold trains for games end then jam you in like cattle, once gone you have to wait till the next trains come back from Secacus while the crowd piles up. I have taken trains tons of times and know the ropes. If you had kids, older people, wife, no flexible work schedule or did not do mad rush at end of game you were screwed. I take sometimes the train/subway up to 8 times a day for work.

I love UD I am sitting there for Vikings game. First time in UD since the 1990's. But bottom line if every ticket in stadium was same price I would be in coaches club.

madbacker, personally, I don't look at other peoples children, little weird.

16. GrindHouse

GrindHouse Member

Coming in on the train was as easy as walking down the street to a buddies house. I caught the train from Penn Station and it was easy. But leaving was a different story. I don't think there is anybody that stayed till the end of the game that could actually say "I had a easy time getting on the train". The crowds of people and the terrible job of crowd control was the worst. People ended up jumping over the metal fences in order to get on the train as fast as possible. Then once you got to the train doors you had to wait a couple of mins for them to actually open the doors. Some guy yelled out "we are not animals open the doors" lol. Real crazy stuff, I am also rethinking my plan to take my 8 year old son on Sun. I don't feel like getting into a fight with some ass for pushing my son while he tries to get on the train.

17. CT. Jets Fan

CT. Jets Fan New Member

Remember, the only one who said they had an easy time getting to the train also just said "I ran like a mother..."

When viewing those contradictory statements...always consider the source.

I still vote the latter.

#10177 CT. Jets Fan, Sep 15, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2010
  18. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

From what I've read here it seems if you are able to, take the stairs down after the game. I walked down from the 300's through the Met Life gate and didn't have any kind of problem that people are describing at the escalators. When I his bottom, I walked past the Verizon gate out to lot J.

I had a pretty good experience (except for the Jets losing). It took no time at all getting in the place, I never had to wait for more than a minute for a urinal and walked right up to a counter for a beer.

Got a good spot to tailgate in the lot, people were cool, etc. No complaints here. Upper deck is what it is, UPPER. Those who have been up there in the past know the deal.

19. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

The staircases seem like they're the way to go. They need to make better signs to find them and they should have concourse maps everywhere showing where and what food there is, exits, bathrooms, etc...

Avoid the escalators and ramps like the plague

20. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

I guess you're right, but the fact that you have to do that is just unconscionable for a modern expensive stadium, with what we are paying.