Are the Jets in for a Disaster?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Vilmalover51, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

That inept performance by the Jets offense is quite alarming. A blowout loss would have been easier to take. There have been Super Bowl champs who got their doors blown off in regular season games. The Jets were right there with Baltimore all night but they could not get it done.

2. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

It was strongly implied when you wrote, "...we lost by 1 point to a SB contending team."

3. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

I don't think it was. All that means to me is that if the Jets played this shitty against a team that is supposed to be really good and still almost won that bodes well for their chances when they get their shit together and are playing lesser teams.

4. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

OK, personally I'd much rather see us lose a close game to a superbowl contender than get our doors blown off. I find it hard to believe you would rather see them get killed. I'm well aware of how the standings work though.

I agree that the offensive performance was alarming.

5. rdc2000

rdc2000 New Member

It really will all depend on the offense. The defense is solid and will get better. But not if they're on the field 40 minutes a game...

We haven't seen the offense play well since the 2nd quarter of the Colts game. Its up to them...

6. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

A loss is a loss. This is not college football and we're talking about a school like Florida International losing by one point to a BCS conference stalwart.

The Jets have to beat the good teams especially at home and especially when they are on the plus side in the turnover margin.

7. ukilledkenny

How many times do I need to agree with what your saying?

Your right!

Losing is never good but getting blown out of the building is much worse than holding your own and coming up short.

8. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

We need to shoot for 2-1 (all divisional games) before Holmes gets back. Split New England/Miami and beat Buffalo.

9. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

nevermind
    will re-post later

10. ukilledkenny

In the standings maybe.

In the grand scheme of a 16 game NFL schedule the game last night has plenty of things for the team to build on. If the offense had been that shitty and the D allowed 40+ points everything would be back to square one.

11. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

They would not be back to square one.

12. sbx213

sbx213 New Member

Everyone who is in a state of panic: Please calm down!! Yea I may be a bit bummed about it but its only the first week! The colts lost too. Do you think they are in a disaster? Some of you guys are acting like its the end of the world its ridiculous. Did we not have our struggles last season? Of course we did. We lost by only one point for crying out loud. Have some faith guys.
    Ok we lost Jenkins and hes probably going to retire. Good luck to Jenks. But guys remember we stepped up last year without him so its not a devastating loss. Our defense is strong. The offense, well look at this way, it put perhaps the worst show I have ever seen so it can only get better. Sanchez needs to build up that confidence just like he had at the end of last season. We have Edwards and Holmes coming back in a few weeks. Thats 2 great WR that need the ball thrown to them for big plays. Sanchez needs to throw!
    Be optimistic! We have a great team on paper. If they work out the bugs we will win games. On to week 2!

13. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

The Colts lost on the road to a good team. The Colts have a history of winning.
    The Jets lost at home to a good team. The Jets were +2 in turnovers at home. Good teams, which the Jets like to boast that they are, rarely lose at home when they are +2 or better in takeaways.

The Colts are definitely not in for a disaster so long as Peyton Manning stays healthy.

14. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

That's exactly right kenny. I wrote that in response to the OP questioning whether or not the NYJ are "a disaster".

15. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

"I was sitting there hoping the defense scored for us last night."

I was sitting there hoping the offense would get the fuck off the field and go hide as soon as possible and limit the embarrassment.

16. Mehl-56

Mehl-56 Well-Known Member

Dude, your so positive!