Are the Jets in for a Disaster?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Vilmalover51, Sep 14, 2010.

1. jandey2k

jandey2k New Member

You know. It's crazy how after one game. We as Jet fans start talking like it's over, myself included. We have to have confidence that the head coach will put this thing together. We have enough Jets haters out there, and I refuse to be one of them. All any Jet hater has to do is come to this forum and read what we are saying and start laughing. "Damn even their fans gave up on them" when you let doubt in it spreads like a cancer. I think last year we didn't expect much, so the little we got we were grateful for. So we hit a bump, that's ok. let's wait until the season progresses and then take it from there. Yes we have the Patriots next week. Yes they are a good team, but you know what so are we. Honestly speaking, I think we are capable of beating any team in front of us. And I will continue to believe that until we lose. But hey, that’s just me

2. ejb911

ejb911 New Member

Edwards is fine! they gotta throw to him and take chances.. edwards is a play maker .. he can make the big catch if sanchez would take a chance

3. JetDynasty

JetDynasty Active Member

a win against the pats and a miami loss to the vikings means we sit atop the afc east!!! a loss to the pats this week means we go 4-12 and vernon gholston becomes our qb

4. jacketpotatoe

jacketpotatoe New Member

lol

/filler

5. TonyIommi

TonyIommi Active Member

Don't you think the Jets' coaching staff knows what they have? They see him every day in practice. I'm not saying he won't develop into a top 10 QB but right now he is a bottom 10.
    With what is without a doubt a top 3 defense, I think the Jets are correct in having Sanchez be a game manager. If he starts throwing picks, teams will start scoring points that they normally wouldn't.
    IMO, Jets fans are rushing this kid and may ruin him. The D looks like it will be great for years to come, let the offense grow. Your team is not ready to win the SB this year. Be patient.

6. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

People seriously need to calm down. We have a very good team. We need to take care of business and get ready for New England on Sunday.

7. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

It does not matter if they lost by one point or 46 points.

If you think your team is a Super Bowl contender, and the Jets do think that way, then there is no excuse to lose at home when you win the turnover battle.

The sky is not falling, but this was a very bad loss. It was comically bad. I would have had a field day with this one if I was a Giants fan or Patriots fan or just a Jets hater in general.

8. RMorin

RMorin Member

Hold the presses. Did you really just put the Chicago Bears in the same category with the Saints??:rofl:

#28 RMorin, Sep 14, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2010
  9. RMorin

RMorin Member

Have to agree. I was sitting in the stadium thinking "just throw it to him on a go" whats the worse that can happen? Our offensive was so out of sync, and ineffective, the risk of getting picked 40 yards down the field seemed worth having SOMETHING good happen.

10. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

I can't believe I agree with you, I'm gonna go outside and shoot my dog now. I don't think Baltimore is a SB contender. I think their D is good but no longer elite and I blame the Jets for making them look elite last night. Flacco has some weapons but a team like the Colts or Pats blow us out of the water last night and the Ravens lose to any team with a pulse of an offense. As a whole they'll probably be in the playoffs but only because I think the AFC North is not as good as people want you to believe it is.

The Jets will be fine if they can get the offense moving. That being said after one game it looks like getting rid of Faneca, Jones and Leon are coming back to bite this team in the ass. Thank god it was only one game.

11. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

The reality of our situation is: we lost by 1 point to a SB contending team and lost our NT for the year. Morale is down right now, but there's no fucking way the offense is that bad all season. The penalties were ridiculous as well... if anything this is an early wake-up call, but no need to call us "a disaster" already.

12. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

At what point does the margin of defeat matter?
    If the Jets lost by 10 would you be more bummed?

13. JetmanJosh

JetmanJosh Member

If we're going to suck, lets suck now then hit a stride

14. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

I would be more bummed because that means the Jets weren't in the game for the entire 60 minutes. The offense was pathetic but the D and special teams made sure they had a chance to win the game in the final minutes. That shows me that this team isn't gonna quit when thing's aren't going great. If they lost by 10, 13, 17 it would have shown me that the team has no fight in it.

15. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

How about the Jets back up their talk and win all throughout the season?

How about going 12-4 and getting the 1 or 2 seed?

How about the Jets don't put themselves in a hole and have to climb out of it late like they did in 2002 or 2009? It is very difficult to win conference title games on the road.

16. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Yeah, I would. Getting a measly 5 first downs and losing by one point speaks volumes as to what kind of a defense we have. No, I'm not happy about the loss; I'm really fuckin' pissed about it actually, but coming here and seeing everyone on suicide watch after a Week 1 loss is baffling.

17. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

The point was that there are no moral victories when your head coach is talking Super Bowl. Losing by 1 point at home when your team won the turnover battle is unacceptable.

18. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

1) I never called anything a 'moral victory'. I'm just impressed with how the D played despite a handful of terrible calls and being on the field for 3/4 of the game. We played a very good Ravens team last night and, somehow, still had a chance to WIN the game on the last drive.

2) RR (and a select few sunshiners on this board) were the ones who were talking Super Bowl. There wasn't a single point in the offseason where I believed the NYJ were going to the Super Bowl because I refused to raise the expectations that high until I'd seen actual progress from Sanchez.

We can still go 9-7/10-6 with a shitty ass Sanchez/Schottenheimer duo at the controls this year and contend for a playoff spot. I expect us to get more than 5 first downs in every game the rest of the way (God willing).

#38 Jake, Sep 14, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2010
  19. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

Agreed.

I'm not looking for any moral victory out of last night. What I am looking for is sign's that the team we watched last night could become the superbowl contender they have pegged themselves as. I think the prowess of the D and special teams is something that can be built around. The offense was trying to protect the ball so much that it became a negative thing by the end of the day yesterday. Now the offense needs to find a balance between taking to many risks like most of last year and taking too few like last night. Turnovers are gonna happen if you are aggressive but after seeing the way the D held their own while struggling last night I expect to see the offense open things up a bit and not play so scared.

20. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

It doesn't matter in the standings.

As a fan trying to determine how good a team may be the two results would be extremely different. Are you telling me you wouldn't feel real worried if they lost by 46 last night? So the defense cost us one, not a huge deal.