Are the Jets in for a Disaster?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Vilmalover51, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Vilmalover51

Vilmalover51 Active Member

Just a thread to vent a little and maybe clear your mind of this bad loss last night.

Kris Jenkins went down, not good, but it was inevitable.

0-1, not that big of a deal but this team seems like they can get real down on themselves considering how high they get on themselves.

What do you guys think the remainder of the season holds for the Jets, is it going to be a disaster? or are we going to make the playoffs. I ran through the schedule a few times, I still feel we can get it done.

2. TheCOTCH

TheCOTCH Member

1 game. Sanchez lit it up against the texans opening day last year. Jenkins will hurt but we played well without him last year. Lets wait a couple more games till we give up on the season.

3. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

The offense played about as poorly as you could ever imagine them playing and the team lost by one point to a super bowl contender. I think everything will be fine if the offense can get to a J.V. level.

4. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

They lost by 1 point to a superbowl contender in week 1. The sky isn't falling yet.

5. jetzIII

jetzIII New Member

If they play calling on the offense side stays the same NO.
    I was sitting there hoping the defense scored for us last night. JUST REDICULAS

6. Ted

Ted Member

Although I think the Ravens are highly over rated, the Jets should be in contention for a play off spot. The offense won't be that inefficient every game and the defense should clean up the silly penalties.

7. sackexchange

sackexchange Well-Known Member

I think that the Jets are probably the most likely 2009 playoff team to experience a meltdown this year. They've just gone through so much change and so many off-season sideshows (Hard Knocks, Revis contract, Rex's smack talk) that it seems like it could come crashing down like a house of cards.

Still though, I don't get why everyone is saying Super Bowl or bust this season. The Jets have a good young nucleus of talent. If Sanchez develops, they could be a good team for a long time. If he turns out to be a bust then they'll probably be the same old Jets until they get stability at that position.

8. concussion80

concussion80 New Member

Plenty of good teams lost in week 1.

San Diego
    Indy
    Minnesota
    Dallas
    Cinci

and some barely won and looked like crap...ie
    Miami
    New Orleans
    Chicago

and some already have devastating injuries...
    GB-Grant
    Philly-Kolb, Jackson
    Giants-Boss
    Detroit-Stafford
    the list goes on.

And some of those teams got blown off the field and have no chance of being a good team because of shoddy defense.

Basically, we lost by 1 to a really good team and can easily be in Super Bowl contention with a couple of wins the next few weeks with Santonio Holmes being added to our roster. So, with a win next week, the picture gets MUCH rosier. Have faith.

9. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

You know whats hilarious? A win vs. New England and the entire board makes a 180.

WHO CAN STOP US?

SUPER BOWL!

JETS ARE THE BEST!

Thats what we will see next Sunday at 7:30.

10. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

So the Packers are winning it all....

11. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

That's what happens with this board.

Its like clockwork

12. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

That is not surprising at all, and I don;t think you have any point of substance. Why?

Because if the Jets win this weekend, what would it take to do so? They would have had to address the problems we saw last night and did that to prevail over a team the Jets have had little success against lately who looked great this past weekend.

If they did that OF COURSE the fans would be right to be suddenly optimistic about the Jets.

That there is that possiblity, however, does not mean there is no reason to be concerned today. I would love to see the Jets beat the crap out of NE. Right now, I am not planning on seeing that any time soon.

13. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Teams sometimes match up poorly against one team and then well the next week against another. That's not what concerns people here. The concerns relate to a lack of offensive efficiency evident for much of last season and the pre-season this year. It didn't come out of nowhere as a kind of "they just had a bad day in a period of otherwise spectacular play."

14. jacketpotatoe

jacketpotatoe New Member

the talent isn't the problem with this team - even with sanchez - stuff's still just gotta click. i'm not worried.

15. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

If the Jets start 0-3 we can have this discussion.

16. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

New season with tons of new faces and everyone is freaking out over one game. Those of us that find this retarded would take issue with everyone gushing over the offense if they had one good performance to start the season. One game is exactly that, one game.

17. Cribb

Cribb New Member

Not a disaster...yet. They have the talent to correct things quickly and as a fan you have to put your faith in Rex. But there are some troublesome signs that need to be addressed or this team may spiral out of control.

18. ejb911

ejb911 New Member

The coaching staff is ruining sanchez.. We drafted a player that has the ABILITY to make big time throws (which he can. he has proven it).. Our coaches have completely taken that away from him by making him be "conservative".. He only threw at a receiver about 5 times last night, the rest of the time he jst dumped it off to the runningback right after the snap.. LET SANCHEZ THROW DOWN THE FIELD.

19. jetsmetsfan

jetsmetsfan New Member

Points points points they didn't score any in preseason and they didn't last night. You don't think we have reason to worry. your so wrong my friends, Defense will be top 3 offense I'm afraid to even speculate. Who's to blame, well Shotty's never shown any real imagination with Mangini and now with Ryan and I was just wondering is Callahan ready to take over offensive play calling. I think we need change.

20. Toon is God

Toon is God Active Member

Once we take the training wheels of Sanchez we'll be fine. Plus he's missing his best WR. Edwards isn't getting it done.