Rex and Shotty altercation??

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by MikeHoncho, Sep 14, 2010.

1. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Haha yeah. The Ravens. QB Coach.

2. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

I hope Rex was holding shake weights.

3. 3rdAnd15Draw

3rdAnd15Draw Well-Known Member

Especially a decision that could've been avoided if our neutered QB would've picked up the first down before sliding like a bitch.

4. milo

milo Well-Known Member

They just asked about it a second time, said same thing, and nobody's mentioning this report at all.

Rex has absolutely no lying skills. This never happened, or somebody with some credibility would know about it by now.

5. ........

........ Trolls

No wonder Flacco was so efficient on 3rd down last night.

6. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

So the last 6 months of learning this offensive system are irrelevant? You bring in a new coordinator and everything goes out the window. The only way you change coordinators and don't totally screw the already inept offense is to promote from within.

I say that everyone takes a step back and puts this ONE game into perspective. Last year at this time we had a sure fire hall of fame rookie qb and an offense that was going to compliment the defense all the way to the super bowl after our 14-2 regular season. A few weeks later that all changed.

7. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

I respectfully disagree.

8. greenbeanz

greenbeanz Well-Known Member

bob is degenerate gambler in the nyc area. he might be a better source than you think. gamblers look for every in and every tip possible. supposedly hes got some inside sources.

and he DID break the revis story before anyone.

bottom line is that im glad rex got at him and hopefully rex steps in and takes a more active role in the offense. i feel like he gave the reigns full-on to schotty just like dallas has with garrett. neither is working and both teams have more than enough talent to be big time offenses.

9. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Because a HC needs to have some control, beating up the OC that executed YOUR gameplan is not the way to go about doing that.

10. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

wrong post....

11. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

And if he got hurt on that play.

Especially if our boneheaded QB didn't get himself knocked out for the season because he still doesn't know how to slide! We need him for the whole season and he decides to be a hero in week one going for a first down!

12. IATA

IATA Trolls

READ THE TWEETS!!!! Schot pushed Rex. NOT the other way around. Good lord.

13. greenbeanz

bob's source said schotty was the aggressor and pushed rex.

14. ........

........ Trolls

It's not panic because of one game. It's concern because of the way Sanchez looks on the field. He doesn't seem to have his head on straight, and that falls squarely on Schotty and Cavanaugh. Like I said in another thread, I continue to hope that he'll fall into the middle, but they're bouncing him between extremes right now. This fight is a great thing. Schotty has a choice to either sack up and shape up or he'll be gone. If he doesn't, and the offense continues to look like last night, are you seriously suggesting that we're still a SB contender?

15. IATA

IATA Trolls

Again, why would he admit that him and his OC got into a fight?

16. Benny Bing

Benny Bing New Member

I don't think there is anything necessarily wrong with the plays or the offense. I don't think there is anything necessarily wrong with the players.

I think it is the selection and sequence of plays called. Also, all the shifting.

I think Schottenheimer should either be demoted or fired, and the playcalling duties given to Callahan.

17. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

if all those happened the offense still would have sucked. that isn the problem and the main issue. none of the pass interference calls, defensive holds and running into the kicker penalties have anything to do with that.

18. greenbeanz

he wouldnt. because if he did, the league would get involved. thats the last thing this team needs right now.

19. 3rdAnd15Draw

3rdAnd15Draw Well-Known Member

Injuries happen. He could've easily picked up the first down and then slid, or just dove forward instead of sliding. Just another symptom of him playing scared and we all saw what that led to last night.

20. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

He was right on this one. He's had surgery on both knees and he hurt himself diving last season. Can you imagine what the reaction today would have been if he went head first and got hurt? It would have been "Sanchez has learned nothing in an entire year and now he's hurt again because he didn't slide."

I saw him slide there and that was one of the few times all night when I realized he's learning and and we still have an excellent chance at having a great QB there. His ego said go for the yards and his mind said slide and his mind won out. That's a good sign.