Jets vs Patriots Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by soxxx, Sep 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

I think we all know what needs to be done.

Just win.

[​IMG]

2. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Man, if Wilson and Cromartie don't get their shit together, Welker is going to kill them.

3. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Cromartie will cover Welker most likely right?

4. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Most likely. Revis on Moss, Cromartie on Welker, and Wilson on Tate.

5. DRC™

DRC™ Active Member

i think this going to be an 0-2 start

i don't see the offense getting any better, especially in a short week

Tho the Pats D is probably nott as good as the Ravens D

I think Brady is going to eat this Defense up :sad:

6. MayoGate

MayoGate Active Member

Welker 2.0 will be back this week... Who's covering him?

7. eyedea

eyedea Active Member

This game is going to be a blowout.

8. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Wilson should be able to have a much better game against Tate. I really think though Cromartie can take on Welker. But then again i'm one of those people who think Welker is just a product of the system and only gets his yards because the best cornorback guards Moss, not him.

9. CleanFernandez

CleanFernandez New Member

Maybe we put Revis on Welker because Moss isnt happy? Thats what im guessing Moss isnt gonna have that good of year because of how pissed he is imo so put Revis on Welker.

10. DRC™

DRC™ Active Member

From watching last night's game, it doesn't seem like the coaches assign defenders to a specific WR

It looks like Revis is the LCB, Cromartie is the RCB & Wilson is in the slot

Whoever is lined up against em, they will defend that person

11. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

We need to play a billion times better than last night to even stay in this game.

Brady and Welker will rip us up.

12. nycztonee

nycztonee Active Member

No way the Jets D can hold Patriots offense like they held the Ravens offense if they're gonna be on the field for 40+ minutes.

Brady and Welker might light up this secondary to a point where week 1 seemed like a decent loss.

The Jets better make huge adjustments to their offense. Even Harris and Revis gets tired when they don't have time to catch a breathe.

13. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Revis on Welker, Double team Moss. That would certainly screw some things up in the Patriots playbook.

I honestly think Cromartie could take on Moss. Cromarties been guarding number ones his entire career. Idk we will see what Rex does. Plus Moss is unhappy.

14. nycztonee

nycztonee Active Member

Revis shut down Moss last year and Edelman (Poor man's Welker) still lit us up for 200 yards.

Shutting down Moss will take away the deep game but I'm not sure they can prevent the short ones.

15. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

if we lose next week we're in big trouble....

16. sackexchange

sackexchange Well-Known Member

Any realistic Jet fan knew this was a possibility. Pretty brutal way to open the season with arguably the 2 best teams in the AFC. Playing the Dolphins in Miami won't be a cakewalk either. That's why I said yesterday, if someone offered me 3-3 after the first 6 games I would take it.

17. DRC™

DRC™ Active Member

Welker wasn't hurt then, he was the one who killed the D

And people looking at Moss being hurt as good thing for the Jets?

It scares me. Because the fact that he's mad, might make him play even harder to show the front office that they're wrong about him. And to show the rest of the league that he still has it, so he can get his final big contract in the off-season

18. GoPats

GoPats Well-Known Member

It'll come down to which unit is worse... the Pats' D or the Jets' offense. The Patriots will be a bigger challenge offensively, but I think the Jets' D will still limit what they want to do. And Brady's not as mobile as Flacco... he would have gotten crushed a few times last night whereas Flacco at least managed to get the ball away. He should be better than Flacco at getting rid of it quickly though.

What's hard to read is the emotional impact of last night. Is Sanchez' confidence shaken? Or will he respond by playing a strong game? Obviously the Patriots don't have the same caliber defense as the Ravens... but I think they'll have to limit the Jets to 14 points to have a chance to win.

At this point, if I'm being honest, I still give the Jets the edge on Sunday. It's a home game and they should be pretty pumped up emotionally for it, especially since they obviously don't want to start 0-2 and down two in the division. I think this will go the same as last year... tight game, but the Jets win it, and the Patriots win the December matchup in Foxboro.

19. JETSJETSJETS17

JETSJETSJETS17 Well-Known Member

Although I am totally disgusted and sick to my stomach with the way this team played last night, I can actually see the Jets winning this game.

Rex looked possessed during the postgame press conference, his eyes said it all. I wouldn't be surprised it he took swings at each and every player with that baseball bat he had on hardknocks.

With that being said, Jets 24 - Pats 16

20. nycztonee

nycztonee Active Member

My mistake. It was Welker for 192 yds during the 2nd game and Edelman had 92 yds the first game.

My point is, despite Revis shutting down Moss, these white receivers have had field days.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.