Sanchez is versatile

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by 3rdAnd15Draw, Sep 13, 2010.

1. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

Sanchez did not lose this game for us. He was far from impressive but he did not make any big mistakes. Playcalling was horrible, dropped passes did not help either. Then, you add total lack of discipline and some questionable calls by the officials... I am also not sure why they had Wilson on Boldin on those two big gains.

2. ShutEmDownRevis

ShutEmDownRevis New Member

seriously, Sanchez is SCARED. EVERY PLAY. He stares at one reciever than either forces it to him or checks down. Every play at the line he "Kills!" to another play.

I dont know if they teach him to be scared but jesus christ

3. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

If Drew Brees was the Jets QB and the exact same plays were called, would the Jets still have lost 10-9?

I think the answer to that is "no". If anyone agrees with that, then Sanchez deserves blame.

4. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

I'm not sure how you could blame the defensive penalties or the loss. Sure, we could have had better field position, but it wasn't killer. Schotty called the plays, but Sanchez is the one that has to execute.

5. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

The obvious problem was the offense's complete ineptitude. But if we want to be a truly dominant defense, we need to win this game. We dominated the whole game defensively, but we made stupid penalties that gave them a touchdown and numerous first downs. Pathetic.

6. vxvenom

vxvenom Active Member

Agreed. This isn't isnt some 3rd round rookie that we had to throw in there due to an injured starter. THis is a 2nd year top 5 pick that has had playoff experience. If he can't put together a decent drive with the talent we have....well this team will not be anything other than mediocre.

Whether its the playcalling holding Sanchez back or Sanchez holding the playcalling back...it needs to improve. If not, look forward to an excited 10-6 finish with a bounce in the first round of the playoffs.

7. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

If anything this loss puts pressure on the entire team to shape up.

8. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

???? The defensive penalties were part and parcel to that touchdown.

9. ........

........ Trolls

Here's the problem with Sanchez:

He's bouncing between extremes. Granted, he's in his second year, and he'll hopefully get it and settle into some sort of middle ground, but right now he's completely shifted his approach to the passing game.

Last year, he focused in on his primary receiver far too often on passing plays. That's when they instituted that stupid fake checkdown. He'd do a quick head check to a secondary receiver and return to his original target, or he'd do a quick turn to a different receiver with an obvious intent to throw immediately.

Tonight? We had the 1.5 - 2 s checkdown to his backs. He didn't let the plays develop. I'm hoping he'll settle into some sort of middle, but for now it's certainly going to hurt us.

10. The Jutty

The Jutty Banned

Sanchez didn't look anything like the Sanchez we saw in the playoffs. I don't know how much of that is due to him being scared of throwing an int, but I would really like to see him air it out more in the future.

11. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

Well, it was the defensive penalties that led to their only td. Also, the drops by Greene and Cotchery should have been sure first downs. Like I said, Sanchez was far from good but he is not the sole reason we lost.

12. JCotchrocket

JCotchrocket Active Member

Sanchez took two sacks, threw zero interceptions, made some very effective "kill" calls, slid when I bet he wanted to dive for all he was worth and generally played mistake free albeit timid football.

I'm going to say this in large, bold font in the hope that it buys our guy a little leniency this season:

Historically speaking, it is extremely likely that Sanchez will regress this year.

So give him until week 1.5 at least, yeah?

13. i82much

i82much New Member

Sanchez's QB rating in this game was higher than Tom Brady's QB rating against the Ravens in the playoffs last year. And at least Sanchez didn't look like he was ready to cry. Brady definitely did, he had puffy wet eyeballs and a quivering lower lip.

14. IWillPeeGreen

IWillPeeGreen Member

Yeah and he also drove his team for some touchdowns, and wasn't spoonfed field position by the defense and special teams just to have field goals to show for it. The Ravens tonight didnt even have Ed Reed so your point is moot. QB ratings have no real substance in evaluating QBs, stick to madden and fantasy football.

hey guess what, most raiders fans thought Jason Campbell was a good QB because of his QB rating. They never watched him play, otherwise they would see the consistent checkdowns, no comeback drives ever in his career, and a high sense of fear for any risk whatsoever. Matt Leinart too, go take a look, nice completion percentage, never puts his team in a position to score.

#34 IWillPeeGreen, Sep 14, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2010
  15. i82much

i82much New Member

"Yeah and he also drove his team for some touchdowns, and wasn't spoonfed field position by the defense and special teams just to have field goals to show for it. The Ravens tonight didnt even have Ed Reed so your point is moot. QB ratings have no real substance in evaluating QBs, stick to madden and fantasy football."

Hey, at least you're not bitter.

16. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

what happened to the Sanchez from the Texans game last year?

Why the hell does this team strap him down like a baby in a situation where we need to be aggresive

17. IWillPeeGreen

IWillPeeGreen Member

hey man im sorry for the mean streak. its just I was looking forward to this game and was very confident in the offense. it was a good game though, not boring at all.

18. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

And the dropped balls. I counted 5 from the top of my head. They should have resulted in 5 first downs, instead of killing them. I said this same thing in another thread, but these 5 drives could have very easily produced a couple of FGs to say the least, especially when most of the drops were near the mid field.

19. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

If all you have to do is score 11 points in this league and you don't, I think its the offense's fault they lost. I agree pinning it on Sanchez is not right though. O-line, Shonne Greene, WR's, Keller all were bad. Only bright spot was LT.

20. i82much

i82much New Member

"hey man im sorry for the mean streak"

No worries man. I probably shouldn't be posting on another team's board this soon after the game. But ya know, I've seen Flacco look pretty terrible against good defenses before, and I think he's turning the corner.

You guys are a tough crowd! Monday night, new stadium, Ravens D, second year QB, whew! But yeah, kid's gotta take the gloves off at some point.