People Need To Chill The F**K out

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JohnnyThaJet, Sep 13, 2010.

1. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

And look, the Colts lost, Vikings lost, Cowboys lost.

The Chargers and got beat up right now.

Just rebound next week.

2. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Good luck man, you guys have a great defense but like us I think your offense leaves a lot to be desired. That being said I would love to have Ray Rice as my RB. I am a Rutgers fan so I've loved him for a long time but I think you guys were bailed out a few times be some stupid plays and just some luck. That being said Heap should have caught that TD and he caught that pass he should have dropped.

3. DeathByJets

DeathByJets Well-Known Member

This game had trouble written all over it. I was worried all week. I was feeling good in the first half, until the Ravens took the lead. After that, I never had the feeling they would win. If nothing else, it is a good reality check.....for the team and the fans.

4. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

We did outplay them, we made a ton of mistakes.

Erase any of those mistakes and we would have won, wether it be the field goal penalty, the fumble, the one yard line yard pass interference call.

Erase just one of those and we win.

5. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

Thanks man... appreciate the kind words. This place always melts down like this after a loss. You guys gutted out a tuff game and made the plays you needed to (when we weren't handing you 1st downs left and right - lol). Ravens are a tough team and both Jets and Ravens match up pretty well. I expect we may be seeing each other toward the end of the season providing Rex pulls Schotty's head out of his own ass. :)

6. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

One game?

No, it's not just one game. The Jets now would lose the head to head tiebreaker with Baltimore.
    It was a conference loss.
    These are league games, Smokey.

Sanchez looks just as bad as he did last year.

The team is not disciplined or at least didn't show it tonight.

7. nycztonee

nycztonee Active Member

somewhere, a pats fan is reading this convo and laughing at both of you.

8. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

how the fuck did we outplay them?

their D played better than our D, and their offense played better than our offense.

yes, our D looked great, but their D looked even better. what the fuck are you talking about?

and the only mistakes that cost this team were because the Ravens, unlike the Jets, forced the D to actually play, and when you do that you are going to force the opposition into mistakes. the Ravens created those mistakes.

9. 3rdAnd15Draw

3rdAnd15Draw Well-Known Member

Is there anything worse than "attempt to be level headed fan" guy? Honestly, if a loss like this doesn't make you feel like you want to murder someone why are you even a football fan?

10. i82much

i82much New Member

I couldn't tell if it was too conservative play calling or Sanchez checking down like the announcers were saying? Maybe a little of both? Either that or Sanchez checks down so fast I couldn't even tell he was doing it.

But hey, that's not a whole lot different than what we were asking of Flacco not too long ago. The kid showed up in the playoffs last year.

Not every game is going to be against that kind of defense. And I would say the same thing to Ray Rice. I don't think Ray Rice is going to get owned all year and I'd say the same about Sanchez.

11. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

If you think the game came down to just one mistake I don't know what game you watched. When we got the ball did you have any confidence that we would move the ball into FG range? Our longest drive of the game was like 23 yards. We had 6 1st downs. The Ravens had 21. We didn't get more then one 1st down on any drive and the offense was completely lost.

Again this can not and should not be over stated but you can't count on our punter to pin a team inside the 5 not once, not twice but 3 times. We were lucky we didn't lose by 14+. A Tom Brady, Drew Brees or even Phil Rivers team beats us by that many.

12. i82much

i82much New Member

"somewhere, a pats fan is reading this convo and laughing at both of you."

Said pats fan wasn't laughing last year when Brady was crying for his momma against that Ravens D in the playoffs. Was he crying?

The Jets gave us a heck of a lot more game tonight than the Patriots did last year in the playoffs. Not even close, really.

13. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Their D looked good because our offense played like shit. Their offense played pretty good, its just that our defense was to good.

I'm not going to argue this. We can't erase the past. But we can learn from our mistakes.

14. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Yeah, really.

I went over to my parents' house to watch this game with my father. Normally, he is extremely, extremely negative. Role reversal tonight. I blew a gasket when he made excuses for Mark Sanchez late in the game. "He's a second year quarterback blah blah blah."

There are NO excuses. If the head coach is talking about winning the Super Bowl, there can be no excuses. The Jets won the turnover battle in their new stadium and still lost! It is totally unacceptable.

15. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

Usually disagree with Cakes but he's spot on here.

MONTHS to prepare, and Baltimore just took it to the Jets. They outclassed Schotty so bad. Sanchez was checkdown city.

No progress with Sanchez.

16. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

He did check down an awful lot, but if fucking Shonn Greene makes that catch on 2-and-3 we're looking at a new set of downs in Ravens territory. Sucks.
    Surprised nobody's mentioned Cotchery. Dude's usually money, he had a rough game tonight. 2 drops in the 4th quarter, one that would have been a first down on 3rd down. Also sucks.

17. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

Stop trying to be optimistic, We suck.

18. ........

........ Trolls

I'm not pissed that we lost. I thought there was a near 50-50 chance we'd lose. I'm pissed about HOW we lost. It is most certainly a concern that our offense was quite so putrid. Obviously, I'm not throwing in the towel on the season. That would be absurd. This is the regular season, though, and this checkdown, ball drop horseshit is unacceptable. Ditto for the defensive penalties.

19. 3rdAnd15Draw

3rdAnd15Draw Well-Known Member

If it was no progress it would still be disheartening but not quite as bad as the gigantic backslide both Sanchez and Schotty have taken from their performance in the playoffs last year.

I was pretty down on both of them for the majority of the regular season last year but after that playoff run it was like "alright, we're finally seeing what the guys that defend them all the time must've seen".

I was nervous with the preseason performance too but willing to chalk it up to not wanting to give anything away. And then they come out like this in the first game of the regular season and its even worse than the preseason. Mind boggling.

20. Patriots>Jets

Patriots>Jets Banned

CALLING ALL JETS FANS

Hey, don't feel too bad. :shit: Sure, your offense couldn't get a first down against a pop warner team. :rofl: Who cares that your entire team had penalties up the wazoo. Why worry about Greene's stone hands? I'll tell you why you shouldn't worry!

The Patriots! That's right! A once in a lifetime offer, the New England Patriots welcome you to join us in what shall be a great season. :beer: We have an offense that can score... wait for it... TOUCHDOWNS! We have a competent coach! Our young defense is able to perform at an HIGH level, even with the abundance of rookies! Imagine a veteran coaching staff and a veteran, hall of fame bound QB leading your team. :jets: Just End The Season and join the fun ride of the Patriots before we pummel you to a pulp next week! :breakdance:

#80 Patriots>Jets, Sep 13, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2010