People Need To Chill The F**K out

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JohnnyThaJet, Sep 13, 2010.

1. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Ahh, the voice of reason "everything is going to be alright" thread. I'm fucking pissed about this game and I will be until 4:15 Sunday and everybody else should feel the exact same way. No excuse for that game. The fact that they lost doesn't bother me, Baltimore is a very good team. It's how they lost that pisses me the fuck off

2. Run_N_gun10

Run_N_gun10 Well-Known Member

Dude...There may not be any Lombardi ....this year :mad:

3. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

What did you see that convinced you we have a SB caliber offense? The D I am sold on but the offense looked putrid in the preseason and they looked even worse tonight. I'm def not a SOJ guy but any capable team would have blown us out tonight. The Ravens may have a good D but their offense was pretty bad too or this is much much worse.

4. SettlerDawg

SettlerDawg Well-Known Member

If we had won, people would be saying that we're going to the Superbowl. Since we lost, everyone thinks we're going 4-12. The truth is that we're the same 9-7 team as last year. We lost in the same fashion that we did in all of our losses last year.

#44 SettlerDawg, Sep 13, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2010
  5. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

Definitely agree about the Offense. BUT the whole reason why we lost was the first downs and time of possession.

First Downs: Ravens 20 Jets 6

Possession Time: Ravens 38:32 Jets 21:28

Thats insane, the Ravens had the ball for almost 3/4's of the entire game! If we can convert on first downs next game and utilize Tomilinson on screens instead of Greene we win, plain and simple.

6. chris5533

chris5533 Well-Known Member

This was as awful as it gets... Its amazing how good the d is and that we even had a chance. i dont think anyone will be looking back on this game and laughing. Sanchez clearly is going to struggle this year. Now that teams game plan for him. unless something drastically changes this is going to be a long season. 10-9 meant nothing.
    So bad i was hoping Brunell would come in, we would have probably won the game had that happened. if this continues i dont know how Jets are going to handle this. i know there committed to Sanchez and dont want to destroy his confidence, but lets be honest, were fucked unless something drastic happens with Sanchez.

7. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

"I" never said we were winning the SB, I've read it on here for the last couple of months. Jesus, this is the last time I'm beating this horse: It's only one game. Many, many teams have come back from 0-1 to do good things. Yes, we looked like horseshit, and we lost a game we should have won, but we lost to a good team and it was close. It's not like we were huge favorites. I'll admit, I expected to win tonight, but what's done is done, and has ACE said we should be fucking hungry come 4:15 on Sunday. I don't care what happened tonight. This is the NFL, who's to say we don't go out and end Brady's season next week? I expect us to respond.

8. bandwagon

bandwagon Active Member

That was arguably the worst game a Jets offense has ever played.

That's saying something.

About the only thing good that can be said is we didn't throw a pick 6 (or two). Of course, that's because we checked down just about every single pass play.

...and, oh yea, it's not new. It's been going on all pre-season.

9. jets2884

jets2884 Active Member

Yea. 45 seconds left and we did not take 1 shot.

10. ny2dave

ny2dave New Member

Smokin' hole

“It’s fire and its crashing! . . . This is the worst of the worst catastrophes in the world! Oh, it’s crashing . . . oh, flame four or five hundred feet into the sky, and it’s a terrific crash, ladies and gentlemen. There’s smoke, and there’s flames, now, and the frame is crashing to the ground. Oh, the humanity, and all the fans screaming around here!

. . . I can’t talk, ladies and gentlemen. Honest, it’s just laying there, a mass of smoking wreckage, and everybody can hardly breathe and talk . . . Honest, I can hardly breathe. I’m going to step inside where I cannot see it. . . .”

That was B-A-D, bad. The CS decided we didn't need Faneca and Jones. Well, Slauson and Green were a revelation, weren't they?

11. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Where we disagree is I think Baltimore is a good team but I don't think they are a very good team. They certainly didn't show me they were a SB caliber team. Tom Brady or Peyton Manning absolutely destroy us tonight with the performance by a few of our secondary players and our inability to move the ball. You also can't count on Weatherford to pin a team inside the 5 not once, not twice but three times in one game.

12. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

A large reason Bal had the ball for so long was because of idiotic penalties and converting 7 3rd and long plays. All at Cromartie and Wilson. That's a big problem especially next week.

13. Benny Bing

Benny Bing New Member

NO.

That kind of bush league play calling should NEVER be tolerated. Everyone and their grandma knew the Jets should test the Ravens secondary. I don't remember one pass to a WR over 10 yards.

FIRE SCHOTTENHEIMER NOW!!

And give the next guy in line his frigging chance. Sanchez said it himself: "You suck Schotty." Sanchez is a better playcaller.

14. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Come on man....................................

Don't forget 2nd and 3rd!

15. i82much

i82much New Member

Ravens fan here. You guys can relax, seriously. What I saw was two super bowl contenders in an incredibly tight football game. My lord, what a stifling run defense by the Jets. We can usually run the ball with at least SOME success on anybody. Not tonight.

Also - as far as Sanchez goes, yes - he needs to be more aggressive. But the Ravens corners have played a lot better since the bye last year and still are getting no credit. Chris Carr had guys blanketed the few times you did try to go downfield.

You guys had an awfully tough draw for a Monday night opener at a new stadium with a second year QB. Come December I have every confidence you'll be looking forward to the rematch.

I think you give Sanchez some more reps and he'll get into a rhythm. If I were concerned right now, it would be about your corners (besides Revis, obviously). But last year we Ravens fans saw "mediocre" corners really come together as they gelled with our safeties. A lot of it comes down to knowing where and when to expect help. Your pass D may just be a heck of a lot better toward the end of the season. And (not to brag) but most teams don't have the consistent quality at wide receiver that we do.

Now put a hurt on the Patties, Steelers, and Bengals for us and we'll see ya again this year.

16. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Lol. That is true! Your 1st down play sets the tone for 2nd and 3rd and we were just awful tonight

17. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Im staying in this topic. We just had a battle with many peoples Super Bowl Picks. We outplayed them. They won. Its all good.

We have 15 games left. Lets just focus on next week. Beat New England and all this would be forgotten.

18. SanityRemoved

SanityRemoved New Member

Schotty has been getting a free ride for far too long.

19. grayburn

grayburn Member

+1,000. I know that everybody is pissed, but this bitching is getting out of hand. Did anybody really expect 16-0?

20. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

We didn't outplay shit get the fuck outta here with that.