People Need To Chill The F**K out

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JohnnyThaJet, Sep 13, 2010.

1. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

We are likely 0-2 and then looking at tough road games and hosting MN on MNF......the folks saying not to overreact sound like the Titans last year when their 'super bowl year' started 0-1.....0-2......0-3......0-4......0-5....0-6.

2. Boba Jett

Boba Jett Member

Hard to stay positive when it looks like Shotty's fix to Sanchez not throwing picks is not to have him throw at all! :mad:

3. salsamdon

salsamdon New Member

Think we lost focus and that edge by all the Hard Knocks cameras being around.

4. Prince of Thieves

Prince of Thieves New Member

Baltimore is an extremely tough defensive team. The lack of mental preparation is alarming, but I don't see any reason for serious long-term concern. Rex should get the penalties/miscues under control in practice, and I think that this was a good wake-up call. While I obviously would've loved to have won the game, I think the silver lining is that you have a good springboard to improve from because playing a very good team brought some warts to the forefront.

I don't think the Jets are in such bad shape, and you have to keep in mind here that (a) Sanchez didn't really make any bad mistakes, (b) the game was still very close, and (c) you can pick any number of single plays (Wilson's PI, Greene's fumble, Greene's drop on 2nd and 4, the special teams penalty to extend the TD drive) that would've turned the game in the Jets' favor had they gone the other way, even given the Jets' multiple brain farts.

This should leave a bad taste in their mouths, and if they're as badass as they claim to be, then they'll pick themselves up and correct their bullshit in time for Foxboro next week.

5. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

There is a difference between chilling out having some serious concerns. Our CB's outside of Revis were absolute horsecrap. Wilson and Cromartie when not beaten were called for huge penalties and we probably lost Jenkins for the year on the 2nd defensive series of the game. The biggest play of the night by the defense was nullified by Greene putting the ball on the ground. That was a potential 10+ point swing. Don't forget that was the possession where Bmore scored their one and only TD. We had 6 1st downs which ties a franchise low and outside of LT and Smith our entire offense was a disgrace including the one calling it. You tell me why we shouldn't be concerned? I am convinced the Ravens are not a quality team (or at least a SB contender) because somebody like the Colts, Pats, Titans or Texans beat us by at least 10 - 14 points. Outside of one series the Ravens didn't make the Jets pay for our mistakes, I can promise you Tom Brady and Peyton Manning will.

6. salsamdon

salsamdon New Member

We play home next week, correct?

7. jets_fan_in_fishtown

jets_fan_in_fishtown Active Member

We're all devastated...but let's relax for a second

This one hurts more than i can remember. Not as bad as the colts game but moreso than any regular season game last year. Worse than the bills, worse than the falcons. I'm sure everyone that uneasy "finding new ways to lose" mentality.

but here are the facts, and

1.) The offense can't play any worse than they did today. It's impossible. You will not see a repeat of this garbage ever again. I wish i could hear Rex in the locker room.
    Sanchez and schotty played not to lose. You could tell it was schotty partially and sanchez also partially because he wouldnt even look downfield half the time. Not only that, but everyone had key mistakes. The linemen with false starts, cotch with drops, keller's retarded move.

They will be better.

2.) Our front 7 played really fuckin well. It's a shame because cactus, pouha and a couple of others played out of their minds.

3.) special teams was the only reason we were in the game. At least that's one unit we know that can get it done.

4.) The hype of monday night, new stadium, hard knocks and super bowl expectations absolutely back fired today. Sanchez,Shonn Greene and kyle wilson were absolutely shook today. Cromartie also made a million mental mistakes. It didn't phase the other veterans. Now that the first game is out of the way i think our players will relax a bit more.

5.) Kyle wilson was going to get burned sooner or later this year. It just happened to be sooner

Now that it's sunk in, i'm confident we'll bounce back against the patriots

8. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

If the offense had shown that they were even willing to TRY and score, I would feel differently. But they didn't.

9. al_toon_88

al_toon_88 Well-Known Member

The Pats game is a must-win.

10. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

yes.

I just signed on today.

11. deef

deef Member

what makes 700 overreaction threads worse is 700 calm down threads

12. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

I agree the defense played great with the exception of he penalties and Kyle Wilson and Antonio Cromartie. But the offense was putrid. No creativity and no balance. Especially on first down.

13. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

No, we're not overreacting. Even if we somehow managed to kick the game winning FG at the end there still would have been a shit load of questions. The team was terrible aside from the rushing D.

14. RunLeonRun

RunLeonRun Active Member

the nfl is so different week to week. who knows.

15. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

My big point here was 5 hours ago we were winning the Super Bowl and now many of you are saying we're gonna suck and this is gonna be a looong season.

And some of you wonder why Same Old Jets never dies. :sad:

16. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

If we won this one, don't you think that Raven fans would be saying the EXACT same thing about Flacco and Cam Cameron?

17. Pick6Revis

Pick6Revis New Member

This was worse than the Bufallo game last year

AZ didnt try to cover up their bum USC QB, they cut him

Cut this bum

18. Penning10toColes

Penning10toColes Active Member

I was kidding. But you're absolutely right by the way.

19. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

That was what pissed me off, they had 1st and 10 at the Ravens 12 and outside of a pass out of the back of the EZ they didn't even look to take a shot. You have a 6'5 WR in Edwards and they didn't even look his way.

20. Boba Jett

Boba Jett Member

I could give Wilson a pass, his first NFL game and he's up against one of the best WR in the league, but wtf Cromartie did he jizz out all his brains making those babies?