Sanchez is versatile

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by 3rdAnd15Draw, Sep 13, 2010.

1. 3rdAnd15Draw

3rdAnd15Draw Well-Known Member

Coming into the season I think most Jet fans would've agreed that as long as Sanchez limited his mistakes the defense would be good enough to cover up for a less than elite offense. Hats off to Sanchez for proving that he could in fact be such a non factor and accomplish so little that Brad Smith running the option looked like their most potent weapon.

It's ironic that Schotty seems to get the most shit for the "cutesy" play calling but honestly those few plays that he did call like that tonight were the only ones that seemed capable of gaining positive yards.

If there was any justice both of these clowns would be unemployed tomorrow.

2. wa2k99

wa2k99 Active Member

If Sanchez is scared to throw a pass over 15 yards, then Vince Lombardi could be the coordinator and it would not mean a thing.

The D is ready to win it all, and the QB may never be. He reminds me of Nagle, except with talented teammates.

3. jetsaholic1094

jetsaholic1094 New Member

The kid had 12 TDs and 20 picks last year. Where did all these expectations that he was gonna turn into something competent come from in the first place? He was horrible last year and he's still horrible now. Schotty deserves just as much blame for this mess of an offense.

4. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

I don't see how you can blame Mark Sanchez for this. This loss has to be on the secondary and on the offensive coordinator.

5. semperfigreen

semperfigreen Well-Known Member

I was one of those people. I thought before this game that the only way we lose is if the offense shits the bed, and i was right. I don't give a shit if its shotty or sanchez, blah blah blah....this shit needs to be fixed or we will be waisting this once in a lifetime D. We will never know if its Sanchez because the franchise could never admit to it at this point. We are f-cked

6. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Sanchez looked scared as fuck on the 30+ yard throw to keller that was called back because Edwards did not get set, Right?..... and it was the last shot we took down feild all game.

Shotty failed this one IMO.

7. YOYOYO

YOYOYO Active Member

I do think there is something to the fact the coaches have done nothing but tell him not to take risks. I think he has the ability but I'm not sure he's ready mentally. I wasn't a big fan of his last year but after watching him in the playoffs I thought wow we may have finally found him. After watching this preseason and now game 1 I am totally confused as to what we have here.

8. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

"Hats off to Sanchez for proving that he could in fact be such a non factor and accomplish so little that Brad Smith running the option looked like their most potent weapon."

I was actually extremely disappointed when they took Smith out after that ugly 21 yard scamper.

"If there was any justice both of these clowns would be unemployed tomorrow."

There is always Ringling Bros. and Barnum and Bailey Circus.

9. FriendlyGiantsFan

FriendlyGiantsFan New Member

Are you actually suggesting that the Jets should fire their OC and cut their starting QB?

I ask because, after reading this post, I'm not quite sure I understand English anymore.

10. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

He just played against one of the top defenses in the NFL... We were going to be limited in what we would accomplish in that. On top of that, the few times we did actually rip off a big play there was a penalty and it got called back. Tonights game was ridiculous, but I'm not ready to dump on Sanchez over it. They just made a lot of mental errors and stupid, stupid penalties.

11. 3rdAnd15Draw

3rdAnd15Draw Well-Known Member

You're forgetting the 60 yard bomb out of bounds to Cotchery(?!) on 3rd and fucking 3.

The defense gave up some poor conversions on 3rd down but I'm not sure how you can blame part of a unit that gave up 6 actual points for somehow being responsible for the loss.

The way I see it you've got to give Sanchez and Schotty equal blame, no one can "force" Sanchez to immediately check down and dump it off to his back even when he has plenty of time to throw, but the instinct to do it has to be coming from the coaching staff.

12. JoeWalton

"I wasn't a big fan of his last year but after watching him in the playoffs I thought wow we may have finally found him."

Any schmuck of a QB can win when the rushing games puts up 200 yards, like they did in the playoffs. The top notch QBs find a way to win when the running game is off. Sanchez is a long way from being a top QB in this league.

13. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

All the movement on the line for the offense is a problem I think. And that is Schotty being cute again. It's like we have to go through this lesson at the start of every season or something.

14. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

With the amount of checking off, decoying, and yapping at the line of scrimmage, it strikes me that Schotty had this kid's head all twisted.

15. JoeWalton

"He just played against one of the top defenses in the NFL..."

And boy did he look it. He was scared shitless all night. How many times did he release the ball way too early. He looked like he just wanted to avoid getting hit all night. This guy is in his 2nd year, not 12th year. Bad playcalling or not, he stunk up the joint and failed to take command of the offense. The entire unit was lost out there because there was no leadership on the field.

16. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

^^This.... Fuck he cute shit, dummy counts and such every fucking play. Every once in awhile you need to walk up to the line and sanp the ball before you sit there for 15 seconds.

17. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

I usually call you a negative nancy, but you're on the money here. Schotty and Sanchez were both pathetic.

18. SettlerDawg

SettlerDawg Well-Known Member

It's half Schotty's fault for not coaching up Sanchez. Sanchez's instincts were terrible and he was extremely scared. Case in point: the one streak play where Cotchery had one-on-one coverage. Cotchery was slightly open, yet Sanchez couldn't place the ball anywhere near Cotchery. In fact, he threw the ball out of bounds. This shows that Sanchez wasn't confident in the mid-to-deep game at all. Sanchez just wanted to scare the defense from crowding the line. He didn't think he could actually gain deep yardage.

This whole risk-averse mentality for Sanchez started half-way through last season. We'll be able to beat most of the teams in the NFL with this offense, but we'll never be able to beat the elite. It's a lose-lose for Sanchez and Schotty.

19. ShutEmDownRevis

ShutEmDownRevis New Member

60 passing yards

60 YARDS!?!?!?!?!?!

I dont know if it's all Sanchez or shotty is responsible, constantly coaching him to go to his first read or check it down and not take any risks

it seems like when Sanchez actually is asked to throw or make a play, this is the routine: 1) Stare at one reciever through his whole route, 2) freak out when the reciever is covered and dance around / bail out of the pocket, 3) either dump to the checkdown for 2 yards (no matter what the situation), or Throw it away

this passing offense is SO TERRIBLE

20. ........

........ Trolls

This. And it had me furious.

He didn't have many bad throws, but he's checking down almost IMMEDIATELY instead of letting plays develop. It's an overall clusterfuck on offense.