17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

^ Actually this is from the Jets. I used ticketmaster, not ticket exchange. I also went with the will call option. That's one reason I didn't go stubhub because I want to keep the hard ticket as a souvenir of the first game. Plus there weren't any cheap singles on SH, like I said before I think tix are going to sellout on SH

Question: is the first row in upper sideline called 5? i.e., is does upper prime go 1, 2, 3, 4 and then continue to 5 after the walkway in upper side or do the rows start again at row 1? Also, do seat numbers run clockwise or counterclockwise around the bowl

_

#10101 GordonGecko, Sep 13, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2010
  2. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

I believe the NFL Ticket Exchange IS Ticketmaster. On my "New York Jets Account Manager" page on the NY Jets website (where I go to view my STHer account), It says "powered by Ticketmaster." Then, if I have sold tickets, it tells me "Sold On the NFL Ticket Exchange." So I am thinking it is one and the same.

Upper Prime is Rows 1-4. Then there is a concrete divider and rail. You step down to get into this section.

Then Upper Sidelines starts at Row 5, I believe. You step up to get to this section. Some Upper Sidelines start at Row 8 because there is a concrete platform between Sidelines and Prime for handicapped. This is confusing, and I have seen people selling "Upper Prime, Row 19," for example, on StubHub. There is no such thing!

I have also seen people advertise Row 8, for example, in the Upper Sideline section as "Actual Row 4." They are doing this because it starts at Row 5 in that section, so they are claiming Row 8 is actually Row 4 in the Upper Sidelines. I suppose this is technically true, but it's confusing nonethelss.

I suppose someone could advertise Row 8 as "Actual Row 1" if there were no wheelchairs oin front of them too, but why do they even have this as an option on StugHub? It's somewhat misleading.

3. GordonGecko

Nice, I think I snagged row 1 tickets last minute for face, ROJF is going to kill himself haha. I actually did the same thing last year vs the Patriots, only for the same price (about $130 including fees on TM), I was row one at the field at the 10 yard line. The guy next to me knew Woody Johnson and Woody came buy to shake hands and let his kid get a sideline pass to watch from the field after halftime. You can't touch those kind of tickets anymore

You're right that Ticket Exchange is owned by ticketmaster, but they are two separate inventories. One comes from the team, the other comes from resellers

4. Section 227. Row 5

Many seating charts don't show what I am talking about, but the one on StubHub is more accurate than most.

Take a look at this chart: http://www.stubhub.com/new-york-jets-tickets/jets-vs-ravens-new-meadowlands-stadium-957051/ and look at your Section 340.

Can you see how it is different than 342 or 335? Row 5 in Section 340 is right behind the rail that separates Upper Prime from Upper Sidelines. In effect, I believe you have the first row in Upper Sidelines Section 340. Some might advertise this as "actual Row 1" because they are saying this is the first row in Upper Sidelines Section 340.

You will go to the 300 level, then enter the opening for your section. You will climb up about 5 steps. To get to the first 4 rows in Upper Prime, you would have to step down. Undoubtedly, for tonight, there will be Security there and not allow you into the Prime Section with your Row 5 ticket. So you will turn around on that platform and again walk up to the next row, which should be Row 5.

My memory might not be crystal clear on this but I am reasonably certain. I will look at the other sections tonight and do some more recon. I'll be over to your right in Section 335 tonight.

5. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

Gordon I demand my seat back!!!!!!

Actually there are only 159 true row one seats in the stadium. Meaning a row one field level sideline (between the zeros) and the first row is actually called row one. (some sections start at row 4 or 9 or something is actually the front row).

We have 96 true row ones in LGL ( 143, 134,109,117)
    We have 34 in LSL ( 110/116)
    and 8 in LSL-A (111a/115a)

Now most people do not want the 50% of seats in a section closest to the lower priced section, so that leaves around 79 seats. Also the two on the aisle in row one is blocked by stupid plexiglass and people in the aisle so we have to back out an additonal 16 seats from the 50% towards higher priced side.

So that leaves a total of 63 desirable row one seats in the stadium.

Gordan, that is the ugly truth of row ones. The old stadium was a much better place.

I have row five section 315 for one of the late season games and I am very much looking forward to sit in "row one" upper sideline sunny side on 30 yard line in the seats I bought at face!!!

I can't wait for game tonight!!!! And yes I invited as my guest a true jet fan, My buddy whose dad had season tickets all during 60's and early 70's. My buddy saw all the games with his dad the whole namath era. He deserves to be with me at the game, all posers and wannabes for this first real game are not inivted.

Upper Prime does go up to row 26 in sections 313/314 and 339/228 but there is nothing Prime about it.

6. Section 227. Row 5

You're laughing over this? This is serious.

Who else is going to be such an easy target for me to pick on if he kills himself?

7. Section 227. Row 5

Thank you. On this we can agree.

8. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

232A
    DETAILS 15 2 DETAILS $139 ea.

The legendary Mezz A corner SAR PSL gold seats section are going for $139 each for tonights game. plus yellow passes $45 on ticket exchange.

If this last minute value pricing keeps up who the heck will want season tickets next year.

9. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

its a shame at this point. i really do feel bad for the season ticket holders that will be stuck with these horrible psls for years. however i am super happy that these douchebag resellers are taking it in the ass.

maybe one day going to a professional football game will be worth the money.

10. Section 227. Row 5

This is a Monday Night Game, Gents. I know it's the season opener and the first game in the new stadium and all (and one would think the tix would be going for double), but MN Games are just very, very inconvenient for a lot of people.

Take a look at the Patriots tickets, which is a 4:15 PM kickoff. Still not the ideal 1 PM kickoff, but still, it's the Pats. I think these tix will be strong going into the end of the week.

Again, how the secondary market shapes up is going to depend A LOT on how this team does this year. Team tanks, tickets will be even cheaper. Team is winning, tickets will be hot.

11. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

Anyone sitting on Mezz or LL tickets today are not douchebag resellers, they are most likely new PSL season ticket holders who thought they bought gold, are unfamilar with pricing and were late to list on SH or TM. Some of these guys never even had an account or even knew about historical pricing. Anyone who still has pats tickets at this point in expensive seats is also a novice.

In UD EZ and high rows lots of scalpers got below face bulk seats last minute so those lower priced seats still for sale below face scalper may be making profit. Some seats I see today have even been for sale for awhile, priced for weeks way too high and no last minute they are in firesale mode.

Almost comical to watch. Some nut has two seats overpriced in my row even today, will be interesting to see if they will be empty tonight.

12. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

also first day of school for a lot of people.

13. GordonGecko

only 150 tickets left on stubhub. Cheapest right now is $85 upper endz

14. Section 227. Row 5

I've had 4 tickets for over 25 years. Many times, over the past 25 years, if I had 2 extra tickets with me that I knew would go to waste, I used to sell them there, right in the parking lot. It was illegal for many years, but I did it anyway and never had a problem. You just couldn't do it right smack dab in front of the turnstile, or plaincothes security would nail your ass, which happened to a friend of mine.

The prices were all over the place and it was whatever you could get. For hot games I would somethimes have people getting into a bidding war over them. For other games, I literally had to dump them for $20 each and be happy. I am talking rainy days, Kotite years, 3-11, etc. Sellers all over the place tripping over themselves.

The reaon I bring this up is, it will be interesting, in this day and age, to see if someone can move tix in the parking lot still. You'd have to be very skeptical, for one thing. S guy you never met before and will never see again is handing you hard tickets for $150 each and you know damned well these tix could have been forwarded to someone's email hours ago and are now worthless pieces of cardboard. It will definitely put a cramp oin "Curb Man's" marketing abilities.

Curb Man, by the way, is the name my wife and I gave to the guy who always hung out at 16W by the pay phones, waving tix at you after you paid the toll. I dumped a few tix on him in the past and he always made out, but then the State Police started harrassing the hell out of him. I haven't seen him in a few years now. He must have gone underground or online.

15. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

stubhub has a last minute 800 number that you can call litterally from the parking lot at game time and get real tickets wth a credit card dirtcheap. Funny part is people under 30 carry no cash. I hate those schmucks clogging up the line buying things that cost under 3 bucks. That crowd wont even have cash to give a scalper.

16. Section 227. Row 5

Gone are the days when I used to be able to wave a couple of Pats tickets in the air and find instant buyers. A hard ticket is damned-near worthless today in the parking lot. Nobody's gonna touch it with a ten foot pole.

Well, almost time for yours truly to head out. Just waiting for my son to show up and we'll be on the NJ TNPK. The fucking place is gonna be insane.

Jets 23
    Ravens 17

17. GordonGecko

First I've ever heard of this. So you're saying that if I call the main stubhub 866 number I can buy tickets that aren't listed on the site? Or are these the same tickets you can find online

18. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

you call regular 866 number and buy from operator and pickup in Sheridan Meadowlands. Same 10% fee applies however, 15 dollar surcharge for last minute tickets, they have for instance four seats in mezz 226 at $200. Interesting stubhub told me almost zero tickets left for sale right now in lower level. Very few in Mezz and the rest in UD.

good service for last minute on the fly decisions.

19. GordonGecko

ok so it's nothing special, you buy from your iphone using the stubhub app or walk over to the Sheraton and ask what they have at the counter

FYI there are no more lower level tickets available on stubhub. Only 60 upper level:
    http://www.stubhub.com/new-york-jets-tickets/jets-vs-ravens-new-meadowlands-stadium-957051/

20. Digetydog

Digetydog Member