Anyone Else Tired of Joe Namath??

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by 17a_tailgater, Sep 4, 2010.

1. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Dude...I gotta say....

when you are right....you're right.

Sorgi is never gonna lead the Colts to 11 wins. THAT IS A FACT !!!!!

The Giants have him on IR :wink:

2. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

I meant that in the past tense even though it didn't read that way.

3. Hobbes3259

I know that bro...

I'm just chilling with enthusiasm trying to get through the next 7.5 hours...

4. The Sanchise

The Sanchise Active Member

I'm thinking I want the older daughter

5. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

yes I'm serious. It clearly backfied, you were taking a shot at Brady but NE was much worse the year Brady got hurt than the Jets were w/o Namatah compared to what they had done.

FACT: Cassel was 10-5 as a starter in 2008 and led a team previously undefeated against a much more difficult sche to no playoff app.

You undersell the Colts talent around the QB in an effort to pump him up. There's no doubt against that creampuff sched NE faced in 2008 that Indy w/ Sorgi could have won at least 11 games.

6. Murrell2878

It is a FACT that the Pats went 11-5 w/o Brady. That's what I said. It's not my fault you got upset and defensive about it. They were an 11 win team that didn't make the playoffs. Don't act as if they didn't make it because they were only 8-8.

FACT - The Patriots w/o Tom Brady went 11-5

7. Hobbes3259

Disturbing.....:rofl2:

8. nyjunc

I'm not defensive, just stating facts. You tried to make Brady look bad but you failed.

The sched was as easy as it has ever been in 2008 for AFC East teams, we should have won 13 w/ Favre and only won 9, NE would have won 14-15 games had Brady been healthy and playing.

9. Murrell2878

You claim to be stating facts, but you are actually spending way too much time trying to spin actual facts and have failed.

FACT - The Pats went 11-5 w/o Brady.

How is that making Brady look bad? Maybe you are insecure about Brady? Why are you this defensive of Brady?

10. mpjohnny5

mpjohnny5 Active Member

Joe's gonna be there tonight im sure right ?

11. Hobbes3259

Nope.

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

12. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

It attempts to prove or possibly proves or maybe does prove that the Jets were competitive with Namath and non-competitive without him. What other teams suffered such a big dropoff when their QB was out of action?

13. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

Yes points are a point of the game, and I did state that if there is a knock on Namath it's his low TD% which accounts for why Namaths' TD/INT ratio is so out of whack. While Namaths INT% is marginally higher than Unitas and company but his TD% is substantially lower. Now a part of that has to do With Snell, Boozer and later Riggins. If you watched Jets football in the 60's the Jets became a very run focused team inside the 20. I'm not saying that's the entire portion of the argument of course, it doesn't excuse Namath's low TD%.

I use percentages because I believe they are a more acurate judgment of statistical effect than are pure # comparisons. I don't care if a guy threw for 4000 yards if his average per attempt is 5 yards. I don't care if a guy threw 2x as many TD's if he threw 3X as many passes as the next guy. I don't care if a guy threw 1/2 as many Interceptions if he threw 1/4 of the number of passes. What I care about are the Percentages, they put the perspective into about as close of an even perspective as possible.

As for not making it a personal attack, I only get personal if someone gets personal with me first :)

14. steviep

steviep Active Member

Yeah -- I recall that the Yankees and their fans got sick of Joe D and Mantle. Nice job.

15. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

"I said Baltimore has no respect for the speed we have outside. Who do they have to worry about going deep going into last night's game? I don't consider [Jerricho] Cotchery or [Braylon] Edwards deep threats."

Why isn't Namath an Edwards fan?

"Can't catch the ball, for one thing," Namath said. "Or rarely does. He has as many drops as he does catches."

ouch...

16. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

The truth hurts sometimes.
    Namath is correct. Edwards doesn't make enough catches to be considered an elite receiver. Monday all our guys seemed to be dropping balls. Cotch, BE, LT DK. Dropsies. We had guys being hit in the hands and not making the catches. Frikking embarrassing if you ask me. And then we wonder why our young QB is struggling - HELL his receivers can't catch the damned ball.

17. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

I am sorry they gave this guy access and a voice in camp and this is what you get....... Namath should shut his piehole. It was one game lets see how this plays put......

Braylon should just get Joe a 5th of Johny Walker Blue and a hooker. Then all will be right in Jets land.

18. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

:lol::lol:

19. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

I love that I can find stuff like this on the interwebz. I haven't seen this since 1970-sumthin'.

[YOUTUBE]IVzc8f6cy_A[/YOUTUBE]

20. nyjunc

The fact is w/ Cassell as the starter they went 10-5, regardless of that even using 11-5 the % favors the pats side.

You do it all the time to try to pump up the overrated Manning, you were trying to make it look like the Jets couldn't replace Namath but look how east it was to replace Brady. You tried and failed.

I'm sure most teams w/ big time QBs saw a huge decrease in win % after those QBs went down, we already saw the NE example and I'm sure there are a million more.