17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. jets&rushfan

jets&rushfan New Member

2. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

anyone know where in jersey the stubhub last minute ticket pickup office is for Jets tix?

3. Digetydog

Digetydog Member

In California, mortgages are "non-recourse" loans. While walking away from an underwater mortgage will hurt your credit rating, the lenders cannot go after you for the balance of the loan.

4. fredmertz

fredmertz New Member

You are truly a classic know-it-all know nothing. The only thing keeping you from being a total zero is your avatar, which tells me at some level you realize who you are.

Of course the contract has provisions dealing with what the Jets rights are. We've talked about them ad infinitum. Who gives a crap what the contract says. If it is more expensive to recover what is owed to them, they won't pursue people that walk away.

Who is walking away from mortgages, you ask? Apparently a lot of people:

355,000 people in the first-half of 2010 alone. 588,000 in 2008.

http: //tinyurl. com/go-watch-matlock

There is a wonderful thing called google. It can be used to research things. Why don't you use it instead of pretending you know things. Try a search for "strategic mortgage default". You just might learn something.

Apologies if I don't have enough posts or haven't been on the site long enough to correct an ignoramus.

#10084 fredmertz, Sep 11, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2010
  5. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Interesting that you say that. I had the same thought while reading your post.

6. GrindHouse

GrindHouse Member

Call Stubhub up and ask, the 1800 number is posted on their site. That's what I would do.

7. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

In real life the actor who played Fred Mertz was much older than Ethel and he had free rent and a rich friend ricky to sponge off, why was he cranky who knows.

Anyhow pumped for Monday, going to use my zoom from field level to do all types of shots of stands, if anyone wants their section included in my slide show I will have up next week please tell me. Fortunately I don't need zoom for field.

Last time I used zoom to get a buddy and his wife in their seats from over 100 yards away. He looked great she was wearing her glasses and said why did I not tell her ahead of time I was taking her picture!

Coaches club will have green day all themselves, bet they face that way for most of show.

8. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

My cousin works on the Hamp mortgages and even better now they are cutting their balance owed, getting a lower rate and keep the mortgage. Even better, when homes fall further the same guys come back for more balance cuts and rate cuts.

THen they do walk away have a strategic default then have a cousin or friend buy the house at auction at agreement they say on. 227 I don't do this but it is as american as apple pie to walk away, remember our Jersey girl Nancy once said these boots are made for walking.

9. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

wrong, I did it several years, reason being I had young kids and could not make games.

10. GordonGecko

Yeah I'll try - but they don't publish the locations. They only tell you after you buy them or if you're the seller when you get approval to drop them off. If I'm taking the train I want to know if picking up the tickets will be a hassle before I buy

11. GordonGecko

#10091 GordonGecko, Sep 12, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2010
  12. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

Wow a little rain and people are bailing?????

Not giants fans they are the longest most loyal fans around......

13. GordonGecko

Weird, some guy just posted 10 tickets together in the upper sidlelines for $29 each. Who has 10 extra tickets at the last minute?

Edit 1:05 pm: So at cutoff time, 40 yard line seats row 17 were $100, lower endzone $29.85, for the first ever Giants game

_

#10093 GordonGecko, Sep 12, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2010
  14. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

pretty amazing with those prices for the first game. i hope someone takes a look tomorrow night and sees whats left and what its going for.

15. GordonGecko

I think all the Jets tickets are going to get bought. There's only 600 left right now and selling fast. I think they'll be sold out unless the Jets dump tickets directly on stubhub, which could happen. A Jets rep called me today, on a Sunday, to offer me tickets "one last time" before she "closes [my] account". Maybe if they're trying to sell to every former STH or waitlist member until the last minute, they'll dump remaining inventory at whatever price instead of paying the NFL 0.30 on the dollar for every empty seat

16. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

upper sideline jets $89 for tonights game and is is a sunny early monday night opening game. Wow one year ago many of us were fighting tooth and nail for UD sideine seats. With stubhub fee seller is looking at $76 bucks a ticket.

17. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

17a ORANGE PARKING HELP: QUESTIONS for 17a or anyone else approaching from the SOUTH

[​IMG]

Hey Guys,

OK, I approach the stadium coming up the NJ TNPK from the SOUTH. My old routine (for 25 years) was always to get off at 16W and park in what is now Lot E. For the Eagles Concert, I was over in Lot G, but obviously things are much different now because I'm an Orange Parking Lot Outcast. So, I think I want to park in 26, 27 or 28 this time and see what they are like. I do not like to hang around after the games... I like to get home ASAP.

So somebody yesterday told me to get off at 18W instead of 16W. This looks logical. My questions are:

1) Going in, is 18W less hassle than 16W for me (even though I approach from the SOUTH)?

2) Do I want 26, 27 or 28? Lot 26 is obviously closer walking distance, but is it more of a hassle when the game is over than being in 27 or 28 and having to work your way out to either TNPK entrance?

3) If 18W is the way to go, I'd like detailed directions from somebody as to what to do or pitfalls to avoid after taking the exit at 18W. I have been hearing about driving nightmares and the place will be insane today.

4) If 16W is a better, directions from there also.

5) After the game is over, I have to head back SOUTH on the TNPK. From Lots 26, 27 or 28, is it easier to head SOUTH by getting on at 18W, or is it faster to get to 16W from those lots?

Looking at the map is one thing and driving out of this hell-hole is another. I heard a reporter on TV this morning talking about what a hassle it was getting out of the Giants game. He said, "I thought they were supposed to do something with the highways? It took more time to leave than the old days."

TIA. I'm an old hand at this, but it's still nice to hear somebody else's take when you're exploring a new route.

GO JETS!

JETS 23
    Ravens 17

18. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

pm sent filler.

19. GordonGecko

Hey for guys looking to go tonight last minute, ticketmaster still has tickets, I just got a single in row 5!!, section 340 for $105 + fees :)

20. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Good score. Ticketmaster is good because you get the tix emailed right to you from the Owner's "My Account." No shenanigans. In fact, this may be a "safer" way to purchase tickets than StubHub, who I have a great deal of respect for also as an exchange.

Unlike StubHub, Ticketmaster is tied directly into the NFLs "Ticket Exchange" that you saw on so many ads last night. "Want to buy an NFL ticket? Go to the NFL!" So when you bought this ticket, it came directly out of the Account and the seller's account even gives him a reminder: "Your tickets have been sold and reissued." Now there is NO WAY this guy can print them or email them to someone else. About the only thing he could do is sell the hard copies in the parking lot or wherever, but, of course, they will not scan at the turnstile and are therefore useless.