Jets vs Ravens Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by soxxx, Sep 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DRex

DRex Member

im not lookin to much into preseason man, very vanilla offense they ran, we will see a lot more runs, esp w unbalanced lines to the left, then as they wear em out they use the playaction(i think this is sanchez at his best) ill take my shot w our wr vs their secondary in single covg......i think they will be able to run the ball vs that D

2. DRex

DRex Member

maybe a dumb question but how does one "adopt a jet" and whos left?

3. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

How is Connors playing time looking for the game?

4. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

11 offensive plays and 9 special teams plays.

5. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

6. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

If anyone believes that we're a solid playoff team then we absolutely have to take care of business at home against the Ravens. If we struggle or lose, it won't be a great harbinger for the rest of the season.

This is the game. We MUST win this game and set the tone.

7. JetRizing89

JetRizing89 Well-Known Member

if the jets can run it on the ravens defense the game is a cake walk

the ravens dont have anyone who can stretch the field and possesion recievers have no chance against the jets pass defense

8. ajetsfan4ever

ajetsfan4ever Active Member

this is gonna be an exciting game!

season opener game at our brand new stadium, on MNF!

the shit is being talked by both teams!

I know one game doesnt make your season, but I want to win this game badly.

our d has talked about being one of the best ever, and i believe this d is gonna be sick this season.

time for our playing to backup the talking!

J-E-T-S! JETS! JETS! JETS!

9. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

I don't agree tommy. its one game. our star cb has only a wk of practice after his selfish holdout. the d could be vulnerable. we lost 7 games last season and still made the AFCCG. alot of teams struggle early in the season, but that doesn't mean they are toast for the season just b/c they don't come out pf the gate dominating everybody. the ravens could be the toughest team we'll face all season. It should be a good game and i think we'll win, but if we come out flat im not gonna surrender all hope....

10. llamablaster

llamablaster New Member

Hi, Jet fans! Ravens fan here...

A few thoughts after reading through the thread...

No team's message boards are impartial. It's great to be a fan, eh? I'm not surprised that most people think the Jets will win here. Most folks on the Ravens board think the Ravens will win.

I'm thinking it's going to be a tough, close game. It will probably come down to a turnover at some point. I'm thinking a 17-13 kind of game, and I'm hoping that's a Baltimore win. :)

To correct what someone said a long time ago, Flacco is not a statue in the pocket. He's actually showed he's got some wheels in his rookie year. Last season he tweaked his ankle at Minny and wasn't as mobile for the rest of the season.

Also, I don't know why people were so quick to dismiss an impact that Dickson or Pitta might have on the game, while touting the performance of Wilson or Conner.

I guess the same reason that any rust on Revis is dismissed, while TJ's impact will be minimized because he's new to the system. I'm sure most Ravens fans see things the opposite way.

It'll be interesting to see what happens. One thing I've learned is that anything can happen in an NFL game. It may sound ridiculous that one of these teams will drop 30+ points because of the D's involved, but it could happen. I don't know that it's a smart bet by a long shot, but I wouldn't laugh like it couldn't happen either... I really enjoyed going back and reading threads on the playoff game we had with the Pats last year. The confidence before the game went south really fast on the game thread.

But anyways, good luck to you guys for the rest of the season. I still like Rex, Bart, and Jimmy, and I appreciate the way you guys play ball. I really like Revis too. I think he's one of the best 2 CBs in football by a wide margin. I don't know that I'd put him above Nnamdi, but that's hardly a criticism...

Is it Monday yet??

11. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

We both wish it was Monday.

Good Luck, no injuries...Hope we beat your ass!

:beer:

12. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

Good post, agree with just about everything you said, including the final score of 17-13. I think I made that same prediction in either this thread or a related one; can see it going either way. Everyone that's a football fan should be looking forward to this game, it's going to be a war.

13. NYJetsMan7

NYJetsMan7 Member

Just like last year ...sending out the reminder for everyone going to the game...Lets make sure we are in there early enough for intros and to get that stadium rocking!!!! I Can't wait ...Security is alil quicker this year but it is a much farther walk for some now. Lets try to get in there by 630-645 tops.

Thx ...Lets Go JETS!

14. JDeacon

JDeacon Well-Known Member

Does anyone else have this gut feeling that the jets are going to come out monday night and just walk all over the ravens( 24-3 final score)? It might just be pregame game jitters but I have never seen a jets team with such a swagger, especially now that revis island is back in action, I cannot wait goooo J E T S JETSJETSJETS!!!!

15. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

If he runs over Ray Lewis even just once, I will be ecstatic.

16. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

a good ol fashioned beat down would certainly be nice.

17. 624

624 Banned

I wouldn't count on it, the Ravens are a damn good team. I think that we should win, but it will be close.

I hope I'm wrong though, a Week 1 blowout against a top 6 team would be amazing.

18. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Goes w/o saying but I'd love to see a blowout against the Ravens. Having said that I really don't see that happening. I def. have us winning this one tho

19. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

We are the better team, theirs no reason why we don't beat the Ravens.

20. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Also I was just thinking, if their secondary is weak. Then some option plays might be the key to beating them. Have Brad smith pass from the RB positions might kill them. Cacth them off guard. Burn them up completely.

#380 soxxx, Sep 11, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.